Welcome to the Official US PlayStation Boards Community Test for the Fanatec ClubSport Wheel
Warning: wheel pictured above is not a toy
Fanatec Website: http://www.fanatec.de/
Fanatec Blog: http://www.911wheel.de
*****Addition CSW Community Test Locations and Info: http://www.911wheel.de/?q=node/8227*****
Applications are due no later than: Monday April 10th 2012 12:00am GMT +0
Please do not submit your application in this thread. Submit it in this link!
The mission of this test is to find a member on the US PlayStation Boards who is both active and passionate about racing video games and hardware. If you want to have the opportunity to test the latest force feedback racing wheel from Fanatec, please read the following information carefully. This is not your average gaming accessory.
Part 1: We are looking for volunteers who are willing to commit at least 14 days of their time to testing and reviewing the latest force feedback simulation racing wheel from Fanatec. For more information on the Fanatec ClubSport Wheel (CSW) please refer to the "Product Information" near the end of the post. Following the criteria in the "How to Apply" section towards the bottom of the post, you will make a single post in the original thread located in the Gran Turismo/Racing Section thread detailing why you are an ideal candidate. Posts in this thread will not be considered. After 7 days from the time of this post, I will select the 10 most qualified applicants. This will mark the end of part 1.
Part 2: A second discussion topic will be created. In this topic a poll will be made consisting of the 10 applicants I selected in part 1. The community will then vote for the applicant they believe is the most qualified. If you believe in good karma, today is your day! Once a tester has been named he will need to contact me directly in order to receive additional instructions. Now on to the rules.
Rules and Regulations
- The reviewer will be required to make a 50% deposit of the full value of products he will receive. Please refer to the "Pricing" section below for more details
- Community reviewers of the CSR Elite wheel can not participate in this community review
- Reviewer is asked to write an honest review
- Reviewer will receive a CSW base with the two rims, but will also be offered to test compatible pedals, table clamp and a wheel stand, if he wants
- Reviewer is required to inform the Community test supervisor about any problems he may have with the products during the test period
- Reviewer can not leak any information regarding the products he is reviewing before embargo is lifted. The selected tester will be required to sign a non disclosure agreement (NDA)
- Every reviewer will have at least 14 days to review the products, but exact review period will be determined after all the community reviewers have received the wheels
- After the review period is over and review is posted on-line Fanatec will ask the reviewer, if he wants to return the gear or keep it
- He can keep it and the deposit he made earlier stays with Fanatec, so he receives a 50% discount for the effort he put in testing
- If he decides to return some or all of the gear, Fanatec will refund his original 50% deposit + shipping costs for that gear immediately
- If the tester decides to return any gear, it must be in excellent condition.
- Only users from EU, North America, Australia and Japan can participate
|Product||Cost to tester USD/Euro**|
Club Sport Wheel (CSW)*
|$ 224.975 / 224.975|
|CSW BMW M3 GT2 Rim*||$ 124.975 / 124.975|
|CSW Formula Rim*||$ 89.975 / 89.975|
|ClubSport Pedals||$ 99.975 / 99.975|
|CSR Elite Pedals||$ 74.975 / 74.975|
|ClubSport Table Clamp v2||$ 24.975 / 24.975|
|Rennsport Wheel Stand v2||$ 64.975 / 59.975|
* Denotes REQUIRED item
** Denotes 50% of retail price.
It is important to note again that you are required to receive and consequently pay for the following items: CSW, BMW GT2 Rim and Formula Rim. If you do not have a set of Fanatec pedals, then either pedal set would also be a required item. Given this, your required payment in order to be a tester is between $439.925 and $539.90. If you do not have a racing set up that you can drill into the CS Table Clamp will be required.
This is not an insignificant amount of money. However, this is a test, not a direct purchase. You have the opportunity to return your product in its original condition for a full refund. If you plan to return the products, think of the cost as a security deposit. Also consider that these products will be twice as expensive at retail.
How to Apply?
To apply as a volunteer please create a post that follows the format below.
Duration: 7 days from posting date of the opening post. Applications will be closed by Saturday 10th of April 2012 at 12:00am GTM+0. Any applications added after this time and date will NOT be taking into account for Round 3. No exceptions! In addition, any application that does not follow the format below will NOT be considered.
- Driving style: (Road GT, Road F1, Oval, Rally, Drift, etc)
- Most Frequently Played Racing Games: (Gran Turismo 5, F1 2011, iRacing, etc)
- Owned Gaming Platforms: (PC, PS3, 360)
- Current Racing Gear: (Logitech G27, etc)
- Age: (#)
- Country/State Residing:
- A short bio:
- <250 words on why you would be the best for the job:
- Link to reviews/write ups/posts you made in the past:
This is the US Playstation forum. As a result, experience and activity in PlayStation related racing games is a plus. Ownership of Simulation based games such as F1 20XX and the Gran Turismo series are also a plus. However, if you also play PC racing games please do not hesitate to mention them.
ClubSport Wheel BMW GT2 Rim Introduction:
If you have any questions please contact me by private message. This is not intended to be a discussion topic, so please limit any posts that are not submissions to a minimum. I will do my best to answer your questions. Also, if you know anyone that would be an ideal candidate for this test, please notify them. We want as many submissions as possible. This is truly a great opportunity and I look forward to reading each one of your submissions. Good luck to you all!
La Li Lu Le Lo
Disclamer: Sony Computer Entertainment of America is not involved with this contest