First Son
10 posts

Re: Official Bluetooth Headset Mute Beep

Mar 3, 2009
@Bigg

At least you have a solution there, a lot of this thread is just ranting.

But it does already have an alert that comes up, but only when you mute the mic, unmute it, disconnect it, connect it, turn the volume up, turn the volume down. Nothing continually shows, and it would be a good idea to have an alert that shows on the screen every bit.

@Mud

The solution really is simple:

Get a different headset.

You might have to do some research and read customer reviews to see how they like the features, but if it really bothers you as much as you say, it's a small price to pay.

@ncwolfman

No, Sony's headset is made by Sony.

Message Edited by SadieRey on 03-03-2009 12:08 PM
Message Edited by SadieRey on 03-03-2009 12:11 PM
Message 11 of 19 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4606 posts

Mar 3, 2009

SadieRey wrote:

@Mud

The solution really is simple:

Get a different headset.

You might have to do some research and read customer reviews to see how they like the features, but if it really bothers you as much as you say, it's a small price to pay.

Perhaps.  I got the bluetooth bundled with SOCOM and it didn't even occur to me that it would or could possibly even have such an annoying function.  Live and learn I guess.

Message 12 of 19 (105 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 12, 2010

To all the morons who say _anything_ other than "It would be a good idea to put a mute notification option" into this device:

1.) its not hard to add an option and its an obvious fact that the user base wants it

2.) its marketd as a high end bluetooth headset for a gaming console... give it the option because the users want it

3.) not using the high end headset isnt an option if you went out to pay 50 bucks for it

4.) putting it on and taking it off is _not_ a user option

5.) using a cord is not an option if you set out with the intention of buying a cordless headset

6.) if you enjoy having a mute notification, then you would leave it on

7.) its retarded to tell someone that what they want is stupid because you dont have a business sense to understand that people will take it back and buy one with the options that they want

8.) no-one wants to hear someone elses music when playing a game that is centered around being aware of your surroundings

9.) no-one wants to hear babies crying in the background while playing a game

Message 13 of 19 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5251 posts

Jan 12, 2010
Just put it in the base and mute it.
Message 14 of 19 (105 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 12, 2010
Totally aggreed, the beeping reminder is annoying.  I have to play with the mute on alot, as I have a five month old and I dont want everyone suffering through my wife singing B.I.N.G.O......, Twinkle little star, or whatever it may be at the time. BEEP...BEEP.....  On the flip side, If I do have time to play, I also do not want my wife to have to suffer through everyones comments in the game projecting through the tv speakers. Yes, I know i could spend the money and go buy a new one, but I was fortunate enough to get this one with the extra expenses of a newborn. BEEP...BEEP.....  I think an option to disable the beep would be a great idea.  I guess until they give us this option I will continue to deal with it and be happy.  BEEP...BEEP..... People may view it as complaining, but most people are only asking for a better solution to a problem that has been mentioned in multiple threads, multiple forums, multiple times.  What is wrong with having more options.  BEEP...BEEP.......
Message 15 of 19 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
109 posts

Jan 12, 2010
BEEP...BEEP  too damn funny!!! BEEP BEEP!!!
Message 16 of 19 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
120 posts

Jan 12, 2010

I think the beep should be option on or off or the best would be a beep beep on screen in the form of a msg.

@......the beep beep.....was to funny

Message 17 of 19 (105 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 12, 2010

@BEEP BEEP...

hahaha thats golden

Message 18 of 19 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
1 posts

Oct 23, 2012

This best way I have actually figured out how to fix it, is to: Go to the Playstation Dashboard, go under Accessory Settings, Audio Device Settings, and turn the mic setting to Off. then your mic is muted without having to actually mute the mic. Hope this some what helps. 

Message 19 of 19 (97 Views)
0 Likes