Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 05 2013
By: PeaWee678 First Son 4 posts

Oddworld Stranger's Wrath and Cross-play

[ Edited ]
7 replies 422 views Edited Jan 5, 2013

Can I play a game that is made for PS Vita, on my PS3?  Case in point:  Oddworld Stranger's Wrath is a PS Vita game and I don't own a PS Vita, I only own the PS3.  Can I play Stranger's Wrath on the PS3?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (422 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

Re: Oddworld Stranger's Wrath and Cross-play

Jan 5, 2013

There's a PS3 version of the game available. Follow the link below.

Link

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (411 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Jan 5, 2013

you are awesome! thank you so much!

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (395 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6992 posts

Jan 5, 2013

UnrealButcher wrote:

There's a PS3 version of the game available. Follow the link below.

Link

nice, i have had the game for quite some time on my ps3 but never really played it, i have just gotten the psvita version and i know i will beat it for sure lol, love it on the vita.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (392 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2480 posts

Jan 5, 2013

PeaWee678 wrote:

Can I play a game that is made for PS Vita, on my PS3?  Case in point:  Oddworld Stranger's Wrath is a PS Vita game and I don't own a PS Vita, I only own the PS3.  Can I play Stranger's Wrath on the PS3?

The answer is no: you can't. Sure, in this case there's a PS3 version of Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath, but that version has existed since two years ago, it's got nothing to do with Cross Play. In short: PSV games can't be played on a PS3 unless there's a version of that game on the PS3. Cross play titles are a different matter but so far those are limited to specific first party Sony titles~.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (387 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Jan 5, 2013

if you can stand puzzle/action games, you should check out the first games Abe's Oddyssey and Abe's Exodus (PS1 games).  its a great story and sometimes pretty challenging.  you don't collect anything (exept other mudoken slaves) and you don't really die.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (385 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 5, 2013
that is good to know for when i see other games for ps vita that i want to play on ps3. thanx!
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (382 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 6, 2013

JuanMdP wrote:

PeaWee678 wrote:

The answer is no: you can't. Sure, in this case there's a PS3 version of Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath, but that version has existed since two years ago, it's got nothing to do with Cross Play. In short: PSV games can't be played on a PS3 unless there's a version of that game on the PS3. Cross play titles are a different matter but so far those are limited to specific first party Sony titles~.

It's actually only been out for a year and a couple weeks.

Link to Oddworld Inhabitants

PS3 RELEASE: 21/27 December 2011 :smileywink:

Anyway, to the OP. You can find some additional details including video footage on what Oddworld Inhabitants is up to in this thread. 

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (373 Views)
0 Likes