Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 14 2010
By: PartTimeDruid First Son 8 posts

Odd PS3 Wireless Issues - Controller and Internt - No Wireless light?

4 replies 109 views Edited Aug 14, 2010

In the past few days, I've noticed some odd behavior with me previously rock solid PS3 slim.  It used to be that when I turned the PS3 off, the green wireless light would stay on, and the PS3 could still be seen on the network.  Now when I turn it off, the wireless light shuts off, and the next time I turn it on it doesn't turn back on.  My wireless controller can't connect (I need to hook it up via cable to interact at all) my bluetooth remote won't respond, and it can't connect to the wireless router.  When I try the internet connection test, it fails at the first step.  Also note that the green wireless light is off this entire time.

At this point, turn it off, and once it's off the green wireless light comes on.  Then when I turn it back on, everything works just fine.  

How can I troubleshoot this?  It is NOT NOT a router issue, this is definitely PS3 related.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (109 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Re: Odd PS3 Wireless Issues - Controller and Internt - No Wireless light?

Aug 26, 2010

Did you ever fix this issue? I came home from vacation and my ps3 slim is having the same problems. I unplugged my system before I left for vacation and when I got back, all my controllers including the remote won't connect wirelessly to the console. I also can't connect to my router wirelessly.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (109 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Aug 26, 2010

No, I didn't do anything to fix it, but the issue seemed to correct itself.  For a good 2 or 3 days I had this issue, but it would always work again if I shut the system down and turned it back on.  After a couple days of that, it just went back to normal functioning.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (109 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 3, 2010

i had the same problem ever since i updated the firmware in the ps3 through the system update. however, it seems if you connect an ethernet cable from the router to the ps3, turn off your ps3, turn it on, it kickstarts the hardware for the wireless inside the ps3, then make sure you turn off the powersaver for the ps3 and just turn it off manually, it should stop the problem. i havent had an issue ever since turning of the powersaver.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
198 posts

Dec 21, 2011

Hi I hate to bump this from 2010 but I did a google search and found this thread.... I got this issue except everything works fine online, gaming, etc...  This happened after using netflix and shutting off the unit by the power button.  When I turn off the playstation slim my wireless light will flash on but the whole unit is off.  I even tried turning off the wireless network in options then turning off the playstation and that green wireless light would come back on.  Is this ok?  I've never seen this happen with my console and wondering how to turn it off... 

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (109 Views)
0 Likes