Oct 30 2012
By: GhostCapt First Son 23 posts

ONLINE PASS FOR MULTIPLAYER GAMES

[ Edited ]
18 replies 1396 views Edited Oct 30, 2012

Looks like the industry is taking a new route and using codes for making online multiplaying only for new game purchase .

If you buy a used game and you want to play online you will have to buy a online pass . ( Great just another way to get more money )

New games like battlefield 3 and  new medal of honor .

Message 1 of 19 (1,396 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16827 posts

Re: ONLINE PASS FOR MULTIPLAYER GAMES

Oct 30, 2012

You're a bit late to the party

Furiously Chaosing
Message 2 of 19 (1,387 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1387 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 30, 2012

1bh6.jpg

GhostCapt wrote:

Looks like the industry is taking a new route and using codes for making online multiplaying only for new game purchase .

If you buy a used game and you want to play online you will have to buy a online pass . ( Great just another way to get more money )

New games like battlefield 3 and  new medal of honor .

Yeah that came out a year ago.

Message 3 of 19 (1,369 Views)
First Son
20 posts

Oct 31, 2012

Yeah, it's been true for awhile now. :/ But still makes me quite sad. It is ridiculous, it's already hard enough to afford 60$ games. It was nice being able to buy used games for cheaper but guess we can't do that now, can we? Money, money, money, moneeeeh.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 4 of 19 (1,347 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Oct 31, 2012

That is the reason I am boycotting all EA developed/published game. As a matter of fact they correct name is EA= Extortion Arts or Extortion Artists. 

Seing as how you mentioned BF3 the funny thing about it is that EA said that the multiplayer of that game will NOT have an Online Pass but seing as how they are voted the WORST COMPANY in the United States it only goes to show you that they LIED and in fact it does have a Online Pass. 

I can tell you 1 thing for sure that if the industry is taking this path they are sure to loose majority of my business as I will no longer buy games with online pass with the exception of maybe a copy of Call of Duty which should suffice for me. Other than that I will be solely a story mode player. 

The industry has become supremely GREEDY. 

Furthermore, I refuse to buy any DLC that costs more than $10 or a DLC that contains multiplayer trophies. Simply put Kiss My Arse. 

Message 5 of 19 (1,338 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
392 posts

Oct 31, 2012
A game that is known for it's multiplayer and the campaign takes the back seat should not have online pass codes. I too am boycotting EA because they are the ones who introduced this garbage. Kudos to Activision for not following suit. When COD gets online codes it will be a sad day. I actually switched to console gaming to get away from this kind of crap now I guess it's not going to matter because a lot of people just keep buying games that have it. It's just becoming an accepted practice now. Too late. If there would have been massive boycott of the first few games they tried it with maybe things would be different. It's here to stay so either get used to it or quit gaming.
Baptism's of Fire
Photobucket
Message 6 of 19 (1,330 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Oct 31, 2012
I'm just going to poke my head in here and say that Need for Speed Vita doesn't have an online pass, which was a pleasant surprise.
Message 7 of 19 (1,323 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16827 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 31, 2012

Gamestop prices any game (used) that requires an online pass accordingly, as have most of the market as well....

If you're one to wait a while for used game prices to decline, you can do the same with buying brand new..... 

For example:

http://www.amazon.com/Battlefield-3-Limited-Edition-Playstation/dp/B005JGC5BC/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid...

In smaller print just below the $59.99 price... you see "38 Used from $18.48 and 17 New from $38.00"
That means the lowest cost Amazon has for a used copy STARTS at $18.48, and new copies START at $38.00

If you want to save money and headache and furstration and trying to find an excuse to be mad at a company that is trying NOT to lose money in an unstable economy..... then you need to find it in yourself to have the initiative to shop around.....Thats why its called "shopping around"

The only person you're hurting is yourself.... If you're not competent enough to be smart about your purchases.... then the market is going to take advantage of it.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 8 of 19 (1,318 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8172 posts

Oct 31, 2012
Pft, no big deal.

Research the game you are buying, then factor in the price of the online pass, then adjust the maximum amount you will pay for your game accordingly.

Use your head, shop smart, do some canvassing and online passes would be not really much of an issue.
Message 9 of 19 (1,308 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
638 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 31, 2012

So far I've been lucky buying used PS3 games (EA) from amazon that have online pass codes multiplayer that haven't been redeemed yet from previous owner.

*WHEW*

Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Message 10 of 19 (1,304 Views)
0 Likes