Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Re: [OFFICIAL] "I just got my PS4!" Thread

Jan 19, 2014
I got mine Jan. 9th. No problems whatsoever. Feel free to add me/send a FR request.
Message 491 of 552 (627 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
3365 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 19, 2014

Rivets72 wrote:
I got mine Jan. 9th. No problems whatsoever. Feel free to add me/send a FR request.

Best place to find some PS4 friends is http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/PS4-friends-ASSEMBLLLLLEEEEE/m-p/41145819...

Edit: System connected and games downloading. :smileyvery-happy:

Message 492 of 552 (626 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jan 19, 2014

As a child of the 80's I grew up during a great era for video games.  I loved going to local Arcades with friends there were so many great games there and I also loved to play the pinball machines.  Then the home consoles started coming out. My first console was a Intellivision and then the Nes,SNES,N64 and Game Cube. After that I lost interest for a while and eventually bought a XBOX 360 a couple years after it was released.

I never thought I would buy another console after XBOX 360 I was getting a little older and kind of lost interest in video games. However when I started to see video and reviews of what PS4 was able to do and it peaked my interest.  I did not do a pre order for PS4 and tried to find one after the release date. After weeks of searching and finding nothing I kind of gave up.

On December 27th I had to go to a local mall to pay a bill and walked by the Game Stop and went in. There was a customer there purchasing PS4 so I asked an employee if they had anymore and she said "Yes". I think out of all the stores i visited that was the first time I walked into a store and they actually had them in stock.

At first I hesitated I really did not plan on spending that kind of $$$ when I woke up that morning. However I worked my tail off during the holidays and really did not get to do much and I really did not get anything for Christmas. So I went back in the store and purchased my first PS along with NFS and Madden 25. I did not know what to expect I have seen and heard about so many people having problems with their PS4 but the set up and firmware update could not have gone any better. No problems at all so far.

Another reason I bought the PS4 is that I am a huge baseball  fan and have always liked Baseball Video games,  and I read that there were only plans for a baseball game for the PS4 and not any other console.  I can't wait to get MLB The show when it comes out on 4/1

After having PS4 for a little over 3 weeks now i had to admit  I am impressed by what the PS4 can do. The games run so smoothly and the graphics on NFS are just amazing. I really can't believe how far video games have come.  I have always liked driving games and I think back to the arcade game in the 80's "Pole Position" which was one of my favorite games. I look at that game and then see what NFS looks like and it is just amazing how far video games have come. The graphics and the attention to detail in that gams is hard to believe. They don't miss a thing now when making a video game now. 

I am really looking forward to seeing the games that will eventually come out that can show the full potential of PS4 but so far in the three games that I have I am impressed.

And on this Football Sunday all I have to say is Go Niners.

Message 493 of 552 (611 Views)
Limit Breaker
25300 posts

Jan 19, 2014

FPap1Sal0C wrote:

PS4 is sitting at the bottom.IMG_20131117_164601.jpg

WHAT SIZE TV IS THAT? AND HOW DOES THAT THIN STAND SUPPORT THE WEIGHT?

I'm here to help. If you have a question feel free to pm me. Idling on IRC is for noobs. :smileytongue:

Get your Portable ID!
Message 494 of 552 (603 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jan 19, 2014
Just got my PS4 yesterday! Always have been an xbox guy and finally jumped shipped. As a matter of fact, my 360 had been broken over a year. My gf surprised me with a PS3 yesterday, the 12gb version. I was very happy but realized that I was either going to have to buy a HDD for it or find a bundled version with a larger sized HDD. Long story short, we drove to about 8 different stores looking for a deal. Last stop gamestop to buy the bundle they had. Asked if they had any PS4s and someone had just returned one! Snagged it up for $380. So far really enjoying it. Still learning about it and still need to sign up for PS+.
Message 495 of 552 (595 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
54 posts

Jan 19, 2014
I just picked my PS4 up this morning at BB. When I didn't pre-order before the holidays I figured it would be a wait. So I just sat patiently waiting for the stores to get them in stock after the new year. I was pleasantly surprised when BB got them in, so I went this morning and picked up the system, an extra controller, year's subscription of PS+ and BF4. My son was just getting up when I walked in the door (teenagers!) and he was more than a little excited.

All I can say is wow! Very impressive. And while I absolutely suck at BF4 (I've never been good at first person shooters) my son is a natural. It helps that he's played all the CODs and BFs in the past, obviously.

Having a bunch of fun so far. I'm guessing the Xbox 360 won't be played for awhile.
PS3 40 GB
Assasin's Creed
Heavenly Sword
NBA Live '08
Gran Turismo 5: Prologue

(I enjoy my XBOX 360 too)
Message 496 of 552 (590 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

Jan 21, 2014
Got my PS4 on December 21st i was soooooooooooo happpy
Twitch: Twitch.tv/FathomXelxTV
Facebook: Fathom Xalx or FathomXalxTV
Twitter: Fathom XalxTV
Ustream: FathomXelxTV
Gmail: FathomXalx@gmail.com

Message 497 of 552 (523 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
69 posts

Jan 22, 2014

Message 498 of 552 (482 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
69 posts

Jan 22, 2014
Got my PS4.FIRST ONE SINCE PS1. WAS VERY HAPPY BUT MIC THAT CAME WITH SYSTEM AWFULL DASH BOARD VERY DULL? BOUGHT NFS DO NOT LIKE BUT MADDEN 25 IS OK. I HOPE BETTER GAMES COME OUT THIS SUMMER.UNTILL THEN GLAD I STILL HAVE MY XBOX 360.
Message 499 of 552 (477 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 23, 2014
If I don't get a ps4 by Saturday here in las Vegas, from any major store that offers an extended warranty, I'm getting an xbox one on Sunday. Belee' dat. I know you can't keep em on shelves fast enough to worry about one sale, but I'm done spending my time trying to find your product.
Message 500 of 552 (393 Views)
0 Likes