Apr 24 2012
By: PIaystation-HD- First Son 4 posts

{OFFICIAL} PSVita Jailbreak Information

13 replies 31921 views Edited Apr 24, 2012

As you may have seen TheQuestionMark's thread where he stupidily said there is a jailbreak for the psvita... well hes right, and to some thats good and to some its BAD but its actually a not so bad thing. as some may know sony have recently took to games off the psvita store due to the fact they helped run the emulator. well they forgot one... unit 13 ... me and a few other people ( names stay anonymous ) have been coding this out but not to ruin this but to fix. im hoping sony sees this and helps put an end to hacking the vita im not giving any more information out in this thread.. fill free to msg me on psn

Message 1 of 14 (31,921 Views)
Monster Hunter
32 posts

Re: {OFFICIAL} PSVita Jailbreak Information

Apr 24, 2012

Question, but why is the emulator being blocked from the vita?

Message 2 of 14 (31,921 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Apr 24, 2012

That i do not know. But there is a reason

Message 3 of 14 (31,921 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
183 posts

Apr 24, 2012

I have to be honest, I hope anyone who jailbreaks their Vita ends up bricking their device. Everyone who is happy to pay for content doesn't want devs fearing another PSP and working on iOS games instead.

Message 4 of 14 (31,921 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
281 posts

Apr 24, 2012

DJ_Capro wrote:

I have to be honest, I hope anyone who jailbreaks their Vita ends up bricking their device. Everyone who is happy to pay for content doesn't want devs fearing another PSP and working on iOS games instead.

Well said. These idiots need to stop messing around with it. There have already been 3 games taken down from the store because that other guy keeps hacking it. I wish people would just leave it alone. Sony can't get anything else done while they are constantly having to patch up what the hackers do.

Message 5 of 14 (31,921 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Apr 24, 2012

I feel the same you feel i hate wen ppl ruin things because they think its cool to hack. Im not doing this to break im doing this to fix why do u think i posted this thread and told sony what i have found. And im not dumb enough to brick my system Smiley Wink thank you

Message 6 of 14 (31,921 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4158 posts

Apr 25, 2012

I don't see any reason people would need to softmod their Vita if Sony will allow us to make our own apps via Playstation Suite. Only thing that concerns me with the softmods is cheating in online multiplayer and pirating. the two most crucial factors that lead to the PSP's downfall here in the US. No doubt if flourished in Asia becaus there were so many quality singleplayer games being offered. If Sony will devote the same amount of effort to prevent hacking on the PS3 to the Vita, a bright future will be ahead for all of us.

Message 7 of 14 (31,921 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 22, 2012

While you may be happy paying for gaming consoles and devices, the problem isn't developers "Fearing" tradtional gaming consoles, its PS Vita and Sony's flawed pricing structure. Yes, in a world where gaming grew and developed with the advancement of hardware, the prices naturally increased. HD systems were hundreds of dollars, and the HD discs those games came on where expensive as well. Its absurd to move into a digital age, where everything (games, musics, movies) are moving to digital, and expect that people will continue to pay the same $60-70 for a game. The reason people go to iOS and mobile developing, is because it's business model is sound. You develop, you produce and sell your software/game. The provider fee's you for the distibution electronically, but after that its pure profit, so even it you are making a few dollars on the game, major developers who sell millions of copies of a game stand to make substancial profit on games that required no physical production, shipping. Companies like Sony have cut their cost DRAMATICALLY, but reducing physical production, shipping, distribution, and a variety of fees by eliminating hard copies of games and allowing digital downloads through PSN. Yet, somehow they still expect their products to sell for the same price?! No thanks. Coming out of an age of priating and stealing music via napster and other sharing sites, I now buy all my music from iTunes and support all the bands that I love from major bands to local indie bands. The Unfortunately the Gaming industry is years behind, and are "threatened" because Apple is doing it right, when they are still trying to line their pockets with money.

Message 8 of 14 (31,921 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
509 posts

Jun 22, 2012

The cost to put a game on physical media and package it are negligable compared to the cost for a team of developers to think of a game, design it, write the story, create the graphics, test it, and fix problems. Think of how hte complexity has gone through the roof for games. Apples games on their mobile devices are cheap, for the most part. But they're also small and short. The more involved ones are $20+, and still don't hold a candle to what you might expect from a psp or vita game. If angry birds came out on the vita, i'd be vastly disapopinted. However, there are "mini's" which compare price wise and feature wise to ios games.

PS3 20gb with 120gb hd *** PS3 40gb *** PS3 80gb *** Ps Vita 3g *** 2x Ps Vita wifi *** 2x White PSP-Go
Message 9 of 14 (31,921 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Jun 22, 2012

The only Big flaw on Vita system, is / are the following so far.

PSN store: different from one country into another, why don't they make it global, showing you everything and when you try to reach to a product not supported at ur country, simply tell us   u can't buy due to that.

not like what I hate and see, the USA store don't have big great titels like GTA/Metal gears from PSP and yet other stores hast hem, more and more like that matter.

Account linking or Gamesharing : I have 3 PSN account. why don't they allow me to play my legally bought games on all of them without having to reset/change user and ending up with "Game is for another use/account" error. at least " for now " block me from using online/mulitplayer, BUT don't block me from my owned games that way.

the Price of the vita ? right now it is decent at least for the Wi-Fi one

Memories ? ya they are one hell of expensive mem'

Thank you for reading.

I pray that Sony to hear us, after all they mentioned that they care to > bring what gamers need< , I for one, I reasonably asking for a Global market and shared accounts, and yes hurry with PSone support or make it optional to download a beta update to test it for u .

Message 10 of 14 (31,921 Views)
0 Likes