Welcoming Committee
4051 posts

Re: [OFFICIAL E3] PlayStation Plus Announcement Discussion.

Jul 6, 2013

polamalublitz43 wrote:
I'm back, and I've already seen the word "entitlement" used. I've been back on this thread for THREE minutes, and I've already seen it.

Is it entitled when I order a sandwich and they put the wrong ingredients on it, to take it back and ask for it to be made correctly?
Is it entitled when I purchase a car and ask for automatic transmission, and get manual instead?

No. I'm the consumer. I'm paying for the item, so I should have a say in what that item entails. I do not want the free games, avatars, discounts, or anything else. I want the system (which I'm paying for) and the games that I decide to purchase. I do not want to play The Cave, I do not want Drive Club, I do not want $5 off a game that came out 2 years ago that I've more than likely played or avoided already.
How is that hard to understand?
If you want all these "free" games and such, pay for PS+. It should be OPTIONAL, without the driving force of "online play".

And for the umpteenth time, it isn't about the $4.17 a month, it's the fact that there's a fee at all.

Also da1writer, I have also owned 3 Xbox 360's in the past (all got RROD), so I know as well what the Xbox Live is like. It's not like its light years ahead of PSN by any means.

I had no problem with PSN how it was (besides the slow PS Store startup).
Maintenance? So what. If you can't go for 8 hours without playing a game online, you need to step back and reconfigure your life structure.
Hacked? What company hasn't been hacked in today's online world.
Reliability? The few times I have had an issue with PSN, certainly doesn't warrant me paying $5 a month to fix the few rare times.

In the business world, giving someone an inch leads to them taking a mile. If you don't give them that inch, then they can't take the mile.

It's just one more fee to apply to the giant phallus being rammed into our wallets.

FREE ONLINE TODAY, FREE ONLINE TOMMOROW, FREE ONLINE FOREVER!
I believe General Custer was quoted as saying that right before his Last Charge.

That is what makes you entitled, A company has every right to change how they run, you as the consumer get to decide if you want to purchase it or not. 

Message 921 of 934 (351 Views)
PlayStation MVP
5242 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 6, 2013

Ikit-Klaw wrote:

polamalublitz43 wrote:
I'm back, and I've already seen the word "entitlement" used. I've been back on this thread for THREE minutes, and I've already seen it.

Is it entitled when I order a sandwich and they put the wrong ingredients on it, to take it back and ask for it to be made correctly?
Is it entitled when I purchase a car and ask for automatic transmission, and get manual instead?

No. I'm the consumer. I'm paying for the item, so I should have a say in what that item entails. I do not want the free games, avatars, discounts, or anything else. I want the system (which I'm paying for) and the games that I decide to purchase. I do not want to play The Cave, I do not want Drive Club, I do not want $5 off a game that came out 2 years ago that I've more than likely played or avoided already.
How is that hard to understand?
If you want all these "free" games and such, pay for PS+. It should be OPTIONAL, without the driving force of "online play".

And for the umpteenth time, it isn't about the $4.17 a month, it's the fact that there's a fee at all.

Also da1writer, I have also owned 3 Xbox 360's in the past (all got RROD), so I know as well what the Xbox Live is like. It's not like its light years ahead of PSN by any means.

I had no problem with PSN how it was (besides the slow PS Store startup).
Maintenance? So what. If you can't go for 8 hours without playing a game online, you need to step back and reconfigure your life structure.
Hacked? What company hasn't been hacked in today's online world.
Reliability? The few times I have had an issue with PSN, certainly doesn't warrant me paying $5 a month to fix the few rare times.

In the business world, giving someone an inch leads to them taking a mile. If you don't give them that inch, then they can't take the mile.

It's just one more fee to apply to the giant phallus being rammed into our wallets.

FREE ONLINE TODAY, FREE ONLINE TOMMOROW, FREE ONLINE FOREVER!
I believe General Custer was quoted as saying that right before his Last Charge.

That is what makes you entitled, A company has every right to change how they run, you as the consumer get to decide if you want to purchase it or not. 

http://i.imgur.com/MIj6o.gif

Could not have said it better myself, glad someone sees what I see. Thanks as well Winscar_Shinobi!

Message 922 of 934 (331 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1311 posts

Jul 6, 2013

Options are a wonderful thing.. People do not have to support the PS4...

It is a matter of time before realism sets in with the gaming community what a BIG mistake it is to support Pay to Play...

Taking the hard core path of Game Sharing, produced the Pay to Play monster....

Its time to Slay the Green Boss of greed before it drains any more  spoils.

.. And journey back on the right path of gaming..

It's not just one type of gamer or age group anymore.

Pay to Play...is the wrong way !  

When my PS3 dies, so does my support for Playstation..

Message 923 of 934 (315 Views)
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
7613 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 11, 2013

Until the PS4 Launches the Gaikai Cloud System I have no desire to buy a PS4. All the games I want to play are on or are coming to the PS3 and online gameplay will always be free on the PS3 unlike the PS4. When the PS4 Make's it so I can have my Digital PS3 Game Library on it I will consider buying it but only after some of my more favored PS3 Games get added to the PSN Store. Paying to play online truly sucks but at least you get PS+ which seems to have some pretty good deals and is make's it somewhat worthwhile to have to Pay to play online.

Message 924 of 934 (233 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Aug 29, 2013
Look I know he said any basic online free to play games are free but will that include uncharted call of duty and any other games that have had been free on ps3
Message 925 of 934 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
34883 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 30, 2013

mikeyou5 wrote:
Look I know he said any basic online free to play games are free but will that include uncharted call of duty and any other games that have had been free on ps3

No, if an Uncharted or COD game is released for the PS4 then you will be required to have a PlayStation Plus subscription to be able to play those games online.

P.S. Welcome to the playStation Community.

BRIT-KO

Message 926 of 934 (174 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
8182 posts

Aug 30, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

mikeyou5 wrote:

No, if an Uncharted or COD game is released for the PS4 then you will be required to have a PlayStation Plus subscription to be able to play those games online.

P.S. Welcome to the playStation Community.

BRIT-KO

Let meh add onto this Smiley Happy

The multiplayer for PS3 games will remain free, but like BRIT-KO said it will not be free on PS4.

FiveFourteen
Ask FiveFourteen,Twitter,Google+
"I am passionate, vigilant, motivated, and I am proud to be a part of the PlayStation Community."
Message 927 of 934 (170 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Re: Playstation 4 free online multiplayer plea

[ Edited ]
Sep 19, 2013

I don't understand nor see a reason toward why we have to pay for multiplayer? This is 1 out of several things that distinctively separate playstation from Xbox. Now all the other stuff that also comes with PS+, now thats something you should pay for. I hope before the release of ps4, sony should change online multiplayer from pay to play, to free to play.

Sony: On an slightly more interesting note it was said that to be able to play online with the PS4 you will be required to have a PlayStation Plus Subscription, so as long as you're a Subscriber to Plus you can play online, if you're not it appears that online play will be unavailable!

Me: If your only going to charge PS4 buyers a service charge, What's the point in buying the PS4? Mostly all the games being release for the ps4, it will also be available to ps3 users. I never had a prob with sony, well 4 or 5 but who hasnt?. Quite frankly, I always been a ps fan, never own a xbox. Exclude the multiplayer from the ps plus subscription.

¥ßloodyÇross¥
Message 928 of 934 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
152 posts

Re: Playstation 4 free online multiplayer plea

Sep 22, 2013

KQQLKID wrote:

I don't understand nor see a reason toward why we have to pay for multiplayer? This is 1 out of several things that distinctively separate playstation from Xbox. Now all the other stuff that also comes with PS+, now thats something you should pay for. I hope before the release of ps4, sony should change online multiplayer from pay to play, to free to play.

Sony: On an slightly more interesting note it was said that to be able to play online with the PS4 you will be required to have a PlayStation Plus Subscription, so as long as you're a Subscriber to Plus you can play online, if you're not it appears that online play will be unavailable!

Me: If your only going to charge PS4 buyers a service charge, What's the point in buying the PS4? Mostly all the games being release for the ps4, it will also be available to ps3 users. I never had a prob with sony, well 4 or 5 but who hasnt?. Quite frankly, I always been a ps fan, never own a xbox. Exclude the multiplayer from the ps plus subscription.

It costs millions of dollars to build a network to support multiplayer, cloud services, etc. In addition, Sony loses money on every PS4.  This is not a sustainable business model.  PS+ also offers free games every month. Furthermore, if you are sweating $50 a year, you can't afford a PS4 $400 or the $60 per game anyway.

If you want to complain to Sony, pick something worthwhile so they won't think customers are nitpicking complainers.

Message 929 of 934 (129 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Re: Playstation 4 free online multilayer plea

Jan 22, 2014

Get your facts straight...

Yes, it costs a lot to have servers and all those cloud services! But it was the same the previous generations! The cost was simply substracted from the initial game cost and the ads that are/were being served and the games that are being sold online!

With today's fees a game should not cost more than 30$ at launch because a cinema ticket costs 5$ and it gives you 90 minutes of entertainment. A game consists of maximum 10 hours. Online can be PVP so that the consoles themselves are the servers (Why the model was abandoned is beyond me... ). Tracking stats believe me it requires a Pentium2 Processor at 300 Mhz...

It's just another stupid fee, that me or anyone I know is not willing to pay!

To add injury to insult, Microsoft started to use microtransactions. If Sony will fallow they can kiss my money goodbye!

Anyway there is still time, buying a PS4 now it's like shooting yourself in the foot... You have only 2 games to play and you give up all the features the PS3 has...

Don't get me started on MKV support, people are requesting it from the PS3 release and what do they do? CUT MP3 AND CD... No thank you... you can keep your online fee and black behemoth...

Message 930 of 934 (61 Views)
0 Likes