First Son
3 posts

Re: [OFFICIAL E3] PlayStation Plus Announcement Discussion.

Jun 23, 2013

pay for this pay for that oh and dont forget that.Go ahead and enjoy your new microsoft sony ps4 money making rip off plan.

They can take there new ps4 and stick it. I'll keep my ps3 until it no longer works and hopefully another company comes along

and gives a fair deal to there customers!

Message 871 of 934 (198 Views)
Fender Bender
2702 posts

Re: Plus membership required?????????!!!!!!!!

Jun 23, 2013

I didn't like the idea of PS+ required to play online at first.  But then I realized, if this keeps the people with bad internet out of multiplayer games, then I'm all for it lol.  I'm tired of playing against someone with horrible connection most likely on wireless. Or leeching off their neighbor's internet lol.

I used to think that PSN was slower than XBL.  But it's really just people with bad connections.  I'm used to paying for xbl so this fee is not a deal breaker for me.

Juli photo juli6.gif
Message 872 of 934 (195 Views)
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Jun 23, 2013

dc4daniel wrote:

I didn't like the idea of PS+ required to play online at first.  But then I realized, if this keeps the people with bad internet out of multiplayer games, then I'm all for it lol.  I'm tired of playing against someone with horrible connection most likely on wireless. Or leeching off their neighbor's internet lol.

I used to think that PSN was slower than XBL.  But it's really just people with bad connections.  I'm used to paying for xbl so this fee is not a deal breaker for me.

erm...this doesnt stop someone with a bad connection from paying for PS+ and gaming with you.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 873 of 934 (192 Views)
Fender Bender
2702 posts

Jun 23, 2013

It will drive some of them away.. lol

Juli photo juli6.gif
Message 874 of 934 (190 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5645 posts

Jun 23, 2013

dc4daniel wrote:

It will drive some of them away.. lol

no it won't. There were plenty on Live when I had it.

Consumer Services and Technical Support 1-800-345-7669
Mon - Fri, 8:00AM - 8:00PM PST

Live Chat
I don't work for Sony. Just a gamer helping others.
Message 875 of 934 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2702 posts

Jun 23, 2013

Why do gamers always feel entitled? It's like everyone wants everything for free lol.

Juli photo juli6.gif
Message 876 of 934 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
145 posts

Jun 23, 2013
There's Swerv, back again with his 17 paragraph insult list. My sides hurt and my eyes were running by the time I got done reading that s***. Lol. It's like watching a monkey run headfirst into a wall, then getting mad and throwing a rock at the wall, only to have the rock bounce back and hit him in the face.

I don't think I've seen him post once without "insulting" somebody.

He refuses to get off that "cheap" spiel and work on something slightly more intelligent to call people.

I point out a gaming system I've never heard of before, he calls me cheap and insinuates that I had any intentions of buying it. Apparently seeing a new item means you want it now. -_-

Oh! And I see we have a new "gamers are entitled" person in here. Cute.
Can we get some more people with either a normal or above average IQ in here, I think we set the standards of admittance a little bit low.
Message 877 of 934 (150 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14647 posts

Jun 23, 2013

I will go ahead and post what I have said elsewhere. 

Business-wise, this makes a ton of sense. Xbox Live made a ton of money. Hundreds of millions. You cannot expect Sony to leave that profit. The fact is, most of you will buy PS+ when you get your PS4s or shortly after.

For us this is not too bad either. 

-Servers will likely stay up longer

-Better servers

-Less people making troll accounts (big issue on PSN)

-More money to invest in Plus benefits. 

We get the better deal too when compared to the competition:

-Not required for things like cross game chat.

-Not for Netflix either (they explicitly stated it allowed online multiplayer)

-Games every month (many of them great games)

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 878 of 934 (148 Views)
Lombax Warrior
145 posts

Jun 23, 2013
^ you will need PS+ for cross game chat.

Also, it won't make a difference in troll accounts, as only one account on the PS4 needs PS+ to be able to play online.
Message 879 of 934 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
38 posts

Jun 23, 2013

I know I may sound rendundant and I apologize ahead of time since I have posted similar responses prior to this.  You can call me entitled all you want.  I have had my PS+ account for almost 2 years now, love it, and since I own both a PS 3 and Vita, I think it has been one of the best deals I have ever encountered in video games.  I would have renewed it even if it wasn't required for multiplayer for my preordered PS4.  Here's why I would still want multiplayer free for PS4.  On the PS3 and Vita, Playstation Plus was optional.  If Plus users chose not to renew it, sure they would lose my instant game collections and the other perks of auto trophy synch and backing up their game saves in the cloud, but they could still play the rest of my games online, back them up themselves, and manually synch their trophies like everyone else who's not a Plus subscriber.  Sony knew this, and in order to keep Plus subscriptions active, Sony had to work hard at enticing us to keep on renewing our memberships through frequent rotation of our instant game collections, since it was an optional service.  With PS4, it's almost mandatory since most gamers will pay it in order to play online.  Since most gamers will now have it, from a business perspective, Sony does not have to work as hard to keep players coming back to renew their subscriptions, because now it's almost automatic.  Sure, they stated that the Instant game collection will continue with 2 Indies and a PS + edition of Drive CLub.  What if that is what the Instant Game Collection is going to become on the PS4, a bunch free Indies games and partial retail games in the form of 'PS+ Editions"  Are long term Plus users going to be happy with this when compared to what we were offered in the past.  I have no proof either way.  We can all assume and hope that they'll continue the service as with the previous systems, but before if we weren't happy with the service, we had the option to cancel.  On the PS4, not so much.  

AS I said, you can call me entitled all you want.  I view it as I just like getting a good deal when I can, (and who doesn't) and up till now,  PS+ has been  a great deal for me.  I hope it continues, but when they announced at E3 that  PS+ would be mandatory for multiplayer, my heart sunk a little.  Sony won't have to try as hard to get us long term PS + subscribers to keep on coming back. Now, it's almost automatic. 

Message 880 of 934 (133 Views)