Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Splicer
35 posts

Re: [OFFICIAL E3] PlayStation Plus Announcement Discussion.

[ Edited ]
Jun 22, 2013
SWERV_GRIFFIN

I do agree with you that Sony has not been a company in the past that would explain the details of what they are doing. However, I don't think they are going to be able to do this while preparing for the next generation. It's a much different world on the Internet when compared to when the PS 3 was released. Everyone seems to have a voice, whether its blogs, forums, Facebook, twitter, YouTube, etc. and everyone(average person to journalists) needs to know to everything right here, right now, and won't rest until they get the answers they want. I don't think Tim Tebow could break wind last year while playing for the Jets without it being reported to ESPN by 10 different sources. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, it's just the way it is.
Sony gained a lot of goodwill with gamers at E3 with the announcements of used game support and no online check ins, but the one thing that stuck with gamers is how they tried to slip by the need for PS+ for multiplayer via a slide and then moved on. If they want to continue to appear to be a system for gamers, I think they have to be upfront and honest and explain to gamers what benefits they are fully going to receive from paying for multiplayer when they hadn't had to in the past. Yes "servers cost money," but how many servers are you going to have, are they for 1st party games only, or 3rd party games as well, and what are you going to do with these servers to ensure that we have a service that is at least on par with the completion that is also charging for online play. Thank you for not charging me to stream Netflix, Hulu or other movie services, but that would be dumb of Sony to do so when you can stream all your services at no additional costs on smartphones, blu ray players, iPads, PC's, and most new TV's.
Just look at Microsoft. They angered a lot of people with their proposed DRM / used game restrictions, and 24 hour check ins. Their main problem was that their top executives could not get their stories straight and come up with definitive reasons why these drastic changes were justified. Confusion lead to more anger, and you know how the story went, they reversed their decision. Now that Xbox One and PS4 are on a more level playing field (other than price) and once the dust settles on the news of Microsoft reversal, I think the focus is going to shift back to Sony the closer we get to the system's release to explain the need to pay for multiplayer. Need proof, how many threads have been started on this subject on this forum alone? Rather than receive any negative publicity for trying to avoid the subject, like they have been doing up till now, Sony should take their lumps all at once, be upfront front with their policies and reasonings for charging for multiplayer, (other than for money) and then move on. Sure they're not going to make everyone happy with their all of their answers, but I think they would continue to gain a lot of people's trust and respect if they were upfront and honest.
Please use plain text.
Message 851 of 931 (233 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6655 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 22, 2013

Knife-8 wrote:
SWERV_GRIFFIN

I do agree with you that Sony has not been a company in the past that would explain the details of what they are doing. However, I don't think they are going to be able to do this while preparing for the next generation. It's a much different world on the Internet when compared to when the PS 3 was released. Everyone seems to have a voice, whether its blogs, forums, Facebook, twitter, YouTube, etc. and everyone(average person to journalists) needs to know to everything right here, right now, and won't rest until they get the answers they want. I don't think Tim Tebow could break wind last year while playing for the Jets without it being reported to ESPN by 10 different sources. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, it's just the way it is.
Sony gained a lot of goodwill with gamers at E3 with the announcements of used game support and no online check ins, but the one thing that stuck with gamers is how they tried to slip by the need for PS+ for multiplayer via a slide and then moved on. If they want to continue to appear to be a system for gamers, I think they have to be upfront and honest and explain to gamers what benefits they are fully going to receive from paying for multiplayer when they hadn't had to in the past. Yes "servers cost money," but how many servers are you going to have, are they for 1st party games only, or 3rd party games as well, and what are you going to do with these servers to ensure that we have a service that is at least on par with the completion that is also charging for online play. Thank you for not charging me to stream Netflix, Hulu or other movie services, but that would be dumb of Sony to do so when you can stream all your services at no additional costs on smartphones, blu ray players, iPads, PC's, and most new TV's.
Just look at Microsoft. They angered a lot of people with their proposed DRM / used game restrictions, and 24 hour check ins. Their main problem was that their top executives could not get their stories straight and come up with definitive reasons why these drastic changes were justified. Confusion lead to more anger, and you know how the story went, they reversed their decision. Now that Xbox One and PS4 are on a more level playing field (other than price) and once the dust settles on the news of Microsoft reversal, I think the focus is going to shift back to Sony the closer we get to the system's release to explain the need to pay for multiplayer. Need proof, how many threads have been started on this subject on this forum alone? Rather than receive any negative publicity for trying to avoid the subject, like they have been doing up till now, Sony should take their lumps all at once, be upfront front with their policies and reasonings for charging for multiplayer, (other than for money) and then move on. Sure they're not going to make everyone happy with their all of their answers, but I think they would continue to gain a lot of people's trust and respect if they were upfront and honest.

In December of 2009 I spent an entire day with PD's Modeling Crew as they scanned the Trans-Cammer into GT 5 at Grand Touring Garage( where I have occasionally worked). I asked many questions directly of them, very few were answerd to my satisfaction. I was invited to  SEMA 2010 as a guest of Grand Touring Garage and spent quite a bit of time with Sony/PD's crew during the week. I spent an entire evening with Kazunori, his interpreter, Taku Imasaki, and PD's crew in the GT Awards VIP Lounge. I was there with them from 8 PM until 2 AM. I asked them many very direct questioins regarding the upcoming GT5 that was about to release within a month. Some questions were answered with generic or vague responses. Some questions, I was told, " PD is not discussing those details at this time".

My point is, that regardless of your expectations or anyone else's expectations at this time, Sony/PD will very likely continue to release specific details when and if they choose to. In my own experience, they seem to not be very concerned about others' expectations of how Sony/PD "Should be responding".

We all can have an opinion on what we think that the best course of action SHOULD BE. Time will tell if they agree with us,via how THEY choose to respond to our expactations and demands...........

BTW, for any of you doubters ( Like I would care anyway) here is a pic of me with the PD Crew at Grand Touring Garage.

Trans-Cammer Visit

photo Can-AmRacingFerrari350SWERVSig3_zps05defb05.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 852 of 931 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
145 posts

Jun 22, 2013
^photoshop. No proof. Obvious lies.
XD
Please use plain text.
Message 853 of 931 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
36 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 22, 2013

''a last thing to consider is that if you are content in just completing the campaign of a game, or enjoying a massive single player open-world game like skyrim, or any of the fallout installations, then you can carry on, business as usual with ps4, you won’t need to pay for ps+.''

@da1writer

I take it from the link you posted we will be getting half price games from publishers then if we wont or cannot like some countries buy ps+.... I don't think so some how(disclaimer paid subcription required for online multiplayer; some features and downloads require additional charge, hardware, and/or fees) so I still want my £54.99 and stuff you. When I purchase a game I expect to able to use all of it when and if I want.

lol at photoshop, I will take him on good faith,, but I wont take good faith from Sony on any future plans that could just be plain pie in the sky.

@SWERV_GRIFFIN

I don't expect full answers from anybody, but I'm a little sceptical of a company that just skips over one of the most important factors of their next gen console during its premier. They knew how controversial this would be and hoped and prayed that the aspects of what seems to be a great console would cover it up, instead of coming clean and trying to make it a feature of the console.

Please use plain text.
Message 854 of 931 (187 Views)
Lombax Warrior
145 posts

Jun 22, 2013
I'm just messin with him. I'm sure it is a real picture.
Please use plain text.
Message 855 of 931 (172 Views)
Splicer
35 posts

Jun 22, 2013
SWERV_GRIFFIN

That's a very cool experience to have with Polyphony Digital. Congrats. I bet it was fun.

As far as I'm concerned, my PS 4 is preordered and I was going to renew my PS+ for my PS3 / vita anyways, so I was going to be set for PS 4 multiplayer anyways. At the same time, I want to see the PS 4 succeed as much as possible. I think it would help to have the largest install base as possible. In order to do that, Sony has to convince as many Xbox 360 users as possible to switch systems next generation. At first, Microsoft made it easy with their DRM / used game, 24 hour check in policies. Now that they rescinded those restrictions, I can see many Xbox users who were going to get PS 4 going back to Xbox One. I imaging them having internal conversation like this:

"I was going to get PS 4 when Microsoft was forcing all those restrictions on me, but now that they listened to gamers and reversed their decision, maybe Ill go with the Xbox One now. I mean, yeah, PS 4 is $100 cheaper, but am I really saving that much? I'm going to have to pay $50 for playstation plus to play online. I just renewed my Live account, and that transfers over to One, so I'll be set till June of next year on that one, and that's one less initial cost staying with Xbox. As much as Kinect sucks and it has to always be connected, at least it is included. And if they use it correctly, and it does works as well as advertised, maybe it will be worth while. The playstation eye is not included, and costs $60. Sony hasn't come out said if I really need it or not, but what if I do need to to get the potential of the PS4? Between the $60 for the eye, and $50 for PS+, I would be saving $10 with the Xbox One. Sure PS + is $10 cheaper a year than Live, and you do get free games with PS+, but so far they only have announced 2 free indie games and a driving game that doesn't include all the cars or tracks. Now that it's mandatory to pay for multiplayer for PS 4, is that all the games they are going to give us, indie games and partial games of full retail releases and charge us an additional fee to unlock the full game? Even later down the road if they do give us full retail releases, they're still not going to be Halo and Gears of War, which I would miss a lot. Plus, most people I talk to while playing online say the playstation network sucks compared to Live. Is PSN going to be that much now that i have to pay for it? Yes it still sucks to pay for online play with Live too, but at least Microsoft has already said they will have 300,000 servers for Live, double what they have now, plus the cloud computing. What's Sony doing to improve their multiplayer. Plus, a lot of my friends on live said now they are going to get One now. Forget it, I would miss Halo too much. I'm getting an Xbox One"

These are the people that Sony needs to be upfront with and convince that the PS 4 is a worth while investment.
Please use plain text.
Message 856 of 931 (149 Views)
Lombax Warrior
145 posts

Jun 22, 2013
^byyyyyy making online free. :smileyhappy: lol
Please use plain text.
Message 857 of 931 (145 Views)
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Jun 22, 2013
Agree^^^^ but I would pay for ps4 & plus under 1 condition. If I can add minimum of 300+ friends. If I'm still stuck with 100 friends & gotta delete previous ones. My ps4 system I suppose to order will be stuck on that shelf in gamestop
Please use plain text.
Message 858 of 931 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6655 posts

Jun 22, 2013

Knife-8 wrote:
SWERV_GRIFFIN

That's a very cool experience to have with Polyphony Digital. Congrats. I bet it was fun.

@ Knife-8:
Link to post with a stack of pictures. Not that I need to prove anything to that smack-talking , do-nothing loser who runs his yap constantly in this thread.............not you, knife-8 :smileyhappy:
Some haters are just to jealous. All they have done is live with Mommy, and ask" Would you like Fries with that, Sir....."
Trans-Cammer Visit

photo Can-AmRacingFerrari350SWERVSig3_zps05defb05.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 859 of 931 (94 Views)
Splicer
35 posts

Jun 22, 2013

SWERV_GRIFFIN

That's awesome.  Thanks for the link.

Please use plain text.
Message 860 of 931 (86 Views)