Reply
Sep 27 2013
By: da1writer MVP Support 5974 posts
Online

Nvidia crying over AMD Console deal, downplays PS4 like it's nothing...

[ Edited ]
27 replies 459 views Edited Sep 27, 2013

Nvidia's awful snobbish attitude really irks me as the company who wasn't able to strike a deal with the console makers at one time literally wanted to screw over both of them.

 

http://www.vg247.com/2013/03/14/nvidia-ps4-snub-clearly-not-a-technology-thing-consoles-an-opportuni...

 

Now that Nvidia is out of the picture they want to sling mud because AMD is getting a lot of props for what they are allowing next gen consoles to do and this new Mantle API/drivers that could change the way we look at low and high end graphics cards including the one in PS4.

 

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/17660/article/amd-announces-mantle-api-compatible-with-ps4-and-xb...

 

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-could-amd-mantle-revolutionise-pc-gaming

 

Nvidia believes mobile will eventually surpass the power of the PS3 (and 360), so tells you where their head is anyway.

 

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardware/2013/03/29/tegra-5-faster-xbox-360-ps3/1

 

Not to keep you guys in suspense any longer, here is what Nvidia had to say in regards to their opinion.

 

http://www.pcpowerplay.com.au/2013/09/nvidia-interview-the-sky-isnt-falling/

 

AMD thinks Nvidia's side is a bit like sour grapes, thinks the next gen consoles will help even the PC due to the architecture being the same (better, faster, optimized ports/parallel releases). What do they know right, Nvidia knows best...

 

http://gamingbolt.com/amd-nvidias-claim-of-low-profit-in-console-business-seems-a-bit-like-sour-grap...

 

What do you guys think? Maybe I'm viewing this wrong but I would think next gen consoles is going to benefit everyone in the long haul, especially the PC and mobile (once it catches up).

Message 1 of 28 (459 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 05/24/2013
Offline
1050 posts
 

Re: Nvidia crying over AMD Console deal, downplays PS4 like it's nothing...

Sep 27, 2013

In all honesty I think it's childish.

They could have landed a deal with Sony or MS if they "really" tried.

It's a business act like it. At this point anyone it doesn't matter Joe on the corner

or high ranking business people. Everyone feels they can say and do anything these days.

 

What happened to professionalism?

What happened to integrity?

What happened to American Society about being a good sport?

It's just ridiculous nowadays.

 

Something better happen soon.

It's about stock holders, It's about quarterly earnings, red or black.

MONEY just maybe, just maybe could Truly be the root of all Evil.

 

Courage is saddling up, even though your scared to death.

Atari 2600, ColecoVision, NES, Genesis, Saturn, Sega CD, PS1, PS2, PS3 (2), DS, PSP, 360, PS4, VITA
Message 2 of 28 (448 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/15/2013
Offline
210 posts
 

Re: Nvidia crying over AMD Console deal, downplays PS4 like it's nothing...

Sep 27, 2013
They are just **bleep** they didn't get the contract. The xbox1 and ps4 are making less pc gamers because they are more affordable thus nividia losing money all in all " they mad".
My names roastbeefbeast and I dislike most people Smiley Very Happy
Message 3 of 28 (440 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 04/05/2009
Online
8176 posts
 

Re: Nvidia crying over AMD Console deal, downplays PS4 like it's nothing...

Sep 27, 2013
Even on the PC, Nvidia can be more expensive than AMD, yet NV graphics parts don't offer much of a difference in performance. In some cases, AMD cards can outperform more pricier NV cards.

http://www.techspot.com/review/603-best-graphics-cards/page10.html

My opinion? I don't care and I tend to ignore the noise. Smiley Tongue

I'm going to enjoy my AMD console, and NV can rip off someone else with the $1000 GTX Titan.
Message 4 of 28 (429 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 11/28/2010
Offline
2546 posts
 

Re: Nvidia crying over AMD Console deal, downplays PS4 like it's nothing...

Sep 27, 2013

RoastBeefBeast wrote:
They are just **bleep** they didn't get the contract. The xbox1 and ps4 are making less pc gamers because they are more affordable thus nividia losing money all in all " they mad".

Thats pretty much what it is, if they got the contract for the new systems or even one of them their tune would be a lot different then what they are saying now. AMD is laughing all the way to the bank right about now. How could Nividia be so stupid, between the PS3 and 360 158 Million consoles have been sold and they could have looked at numbers like this for the next gen systems coming out. 

Message 5 of 28 (423 Views)
Umbrella Scientist
Registered: 12/08/2008
Offline
12328 posts
 

Re: Nvidia crying over AMD Console deal, downplays PS4 like it's nothing...

Sep 27, 2013

heGOTmeAGAIN wrote:

In all honesty I think it's childish.

They could have landed a deal with Sony or MS if they "really" tried.

It's a business act like it. At this point anyone it doesn't matter Joe on the corner

or high ranking business people. Everyone feels they can say and do anything these days.

 

What happened to professionalism?

What happened to integrity?

What happened to American Society about being a good sport?

It's just ridiculous nowadays.

 

Something better happen soon.

It's about stock holders, It's about quarterly earnings, red or black.

MONEY just maybe, just maybe could Truly be the root of all Evil.

 


 

 

I agree companies nowadays see people as such mindless sheep that they come out and publicly bash their own customers.

 

Activision was the first big company I began noticing doing this, being a ps3 users how could you not notice all the crap they slung at us.  They call us second or third class citizens, and then expect sales to remain constant, which amazingly they do!!

Activision was right and treated customers like crap and 99% of them came running back asking for another portion yr after yr.

 

Now other companies see this and think "Wow people really are stupid and have no sense of self worth, goodie for us"

 

And we get Nvidia and microsoft, and tons of these companies coming up with stupid comments which should alienate their fans, if the majority of their fans had working brains anyways.

 

When a company says this stuff I say "Good bye".

 

Nvidia is acting little a child who wasnt given a cookie and so tries to convince everyone they didnt want one, going as far as saying "these cookies are disgusting, you people eating those cookies are garbage"

For that I say good day sir.

 

I have a gaming laptop for work and it has a gtx460m gpu, ever since every computer I have bought or helped someone else buy has been AMD all the way.

 

To Activision I said good day sir several yrs ago now.

 

Microsoft is on the edge, if not for windows I would have been done with them years and years ago.

 

Stand up for your self respect, dont buy from companies who act this way or actively call you down.

 

Cheers.

 

 

Na13-31 wrote:
Finally, the structure of my question is that you would have to disprove every possible outcome to be correct and I would just have to have one that would likely be beneficial. That's statistically in my favor by quite a bit.


some_text
Message 6 of 28 (383 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/27/2012
Offline
3105 posts
 

Re: Nvidia crying over AMD Console deal, downplays PS4 like it's nothing...

Sep 27, 2013

Phillyblunz wrote:

heGOTmeAGAIN wrote:

In all honesty I think it's childish.

They could have landed a deal with Sony or MS if they "really" tried.

It's a business act like it. At this point anyone it doesn't matter Joe on the corner

or high ranking business people. Everyone feels they can say and do anything these days.

 

What happened to professionalism?

What happened to integrity?

What happened to American Society about being a good sport?

It's just ridiculous nowadays.

 

Something better happen soon.

It's about stock holders, It's about quarterly earnings, red or black.

MONEY just maybe, just maybe could Truly be the root of all Evil.

 


 

 

I agree companies nowadays see people as such mindless sheep that they come out and publicly bash their own customers.

 

Activision was the first big company I began noticing doing this, being a ps3 users how could you not notice all the crap they slung at us.  They call us second or third class citizens, and then expect sales to remain constant, which amazingly they do!!

Activision was right and treated customers like crap and 99% of them came running back asking for another portion yr after yr.

 

Now other companies see this and think "Wow people really are stupid and have no sense of self worth, goodie for us"

 

And we get Nvidia and microsoft, and tons of these companies coming up with stupid comments which should alienate their fans, if the majority of their fans had working brains anyways.

 

When a company says this stuff I say "Good bye".

 

Nvidia is acting little a child who wasnt given a cookie and so tries to convince everyone they didnt want one, going as far as saying "these cookies are disgusting, you people eating those cookies are garbage"

For that I say good day sir.

 

I have a gaming laptop for work and it has a gtx460m gpu, ever since every computer I have bought or helped someone else buy has been AMD all the way.

 

To Activision I said good day sir several yrs ago now.

 

Microsoft is on the edge, if not for windows I would have been done with them years and years ago.

 

Stand up for your self respect, dont buy from companies who act this way or actively call you down.

 

Cheers.

 

 


any windows machine can run a multitude of Linux os's and it's not hard to transition from one to the other,plus it's free,no viruses and uses way less resources from the machine..

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 7 of 28 (373 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/30/2007
Offline
3979 posts
 

Re: Nvidia crying over AMD Console deal, downplays PS4 like it's nothing...

Sep 27, 2013
They've been bashing consoles since before E3, but there appears to be a new wave of their childish comments. I did come across an article from them saying that consoles can never top pc graphics. I don't know if that's true or not, but I didn't bother to click on the article, since I don't think it deserves any more hits. I think Nvidia is just upset that none of the big 3 made a deal with them. They missed out on a good chunk of profit from console sales, so I guess it makes sense that they don't want people buying consoles. If they had cut a deal with one of the major console makers, they probably would have been singing a different tune. As it stands, I didn't go anywhere near their booth at E3 out of principle, and my opinion of them hasn't changed since.
Message 8 of 28 (354 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/27/2012
Offline
3105 posts
 

Re: Nvidia crying over AMD Console deal, downplays PS4 like it's nothing...

Sep 27, 2013

Why are people making a big deal out of this?

 

when the PS5 comes out and they switch back to Nvidia are all you same people going to say"SCREW AMD".?

 

they both make decent products,who gives a crap what they say,it's all hot air anyway,and every company does it.

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 9 of 28 (347 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/27/2012
Offline
3105 posts
 

Re: Nvidia crying over AMD Console deal, downplays PS4 like it's nothing...

Sep 27, 2013

I remember this being talked about over six months ago and analysts where saying that Nvidia stocks will drop and everything else,yet their stock has did nothing but go up and still worth way more than AMD....yea they will lose a little money by not having the consoles but their is plenty of PC gamers and they are not going to hurt one bit.

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 10 of 28 (342 Views)
Reply
0 Likes