Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 31 2013
By: glaciusx25 MVP Support 12331 posts

Now, why can't Sony do something like this?

6 replies 198 views Edited Jan 31, 2013

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/01/31/nintendo-to-help-japanese-companies-bring-their-3ds-games-west/

A lot of people talk about how they'd love for games to be localized. Considering Nintendo can support third parties in bringing their content over (and since Sony mainly deals with third parties), you'd think they could do something similar?

Hopefully we'll see Sony doing a similar move to bring some JRPGs to the Vita, since the JRPG category is somewhat lacking.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 1 of 7 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2510 posts

Re: Now, why can't Sony do something like this?

Jan 31, 2013
Thing is that Nintendo is a video games company with strong software develoment teams whereas Sony is a company that tries to do everything and doesn't excel at anything, aka a Jack of All Trades. Mind you, I'm in no way saying this as a stab to Sony. But somebody that focuses on one thing is sure to do better at it than somebody who does a huge number of things~.

It'd be awesome if Sony could do it, I just doubt they can. They don't have the same level of teams as Nintendo does and unlike Nintendo, their resources aren't solely for video games~.
Message 2 of 7 (196 Views)
MVP Support
12331 posts

Jan 31, 2013

I suppose that's true. Still a shame though, a lot of those Japan-only games look fairly intriguing.

Guess I should learn Japanese lol.

Message 3 of 7 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3946 posts

Jan 31, 2013
If Nintendo actually made some modern systems with impressive specs(hardware), I'd be more inclined to jump ship from Sony to them, but Nintendo just does not float my boat, buoyancy does however lol.
Message 4 of 7 (182 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12331 posts

Jan 31, 2013

Meh, that's just your preference. I don't mind either company.

Besides, I find gameplay more important. Storyline, controls, audio, etc.

I only mind graphics if they cause actual issues in gameplay.

Message 5 of 7 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3946 posts

Jan 31, 2013
I don't really care about graphics either, I want more powerful hardware for constant 60fps and more processes going on in the background.
Message 6 of 7 (173 Views)
MVP Support
12331 posts

Jan 31, 2013

So then why do you own a Vita? The Vita doesn't run all games at constant 60FPS XD

Just messin with ya. I see your point.

If the game plays well, then it's fine with me. And I don't like stuff going on in the background because then I'm distracted from the game.

Message 7 of 7 (169 Views)
0 Likes