Nov 17 2011
By: mochuuu SIEA 1490 posts

November's PlayStation Plus Schedule

15 replies 23 views Edited Nov 17, 2011

This November, we offered a number of free games including Hydrophobia, and the Crash Bandicoot series on PSOne Classics. The interesting thing about this month is that we released a lot of this free content at the start of the month. We still had several discounts and other free items hit through the month, but overall, I noticed a lot of feedback from week to week was that there wasn't much going on in Plus that month.

So I'm curious, do you guys prefer week to week free items, or for it to release all at once at the start of the month, with smaller bits of free content and discounts in the weeks to follow.

Thoughts?

Message 1 of 16 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
275 posts

Re: November's PlayStation Plus Schedule

Nov 17, 2011

I preferr all at once. this way allows me to que content for download and gives me time to play the content (while waiting for the next month). It also allows me to spend less time searching for updates to the store, giving more time to actually shop.

Message 2 of 16 (23 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Nov 17, 2011

I prefer it all at once as well, it makes it easier for me to remember when the new free content will be available...

Message 3 of 16 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11743 posts

Nov 17, 2011

I think I'd actually prefer to see the content on a weekly basis myself. I like being surprised every week, instead of having everything lumped together at one time and then having no reason to return to the Plus folder until the following month.

When I saw the free Sega classics offered, and Minis, and PSOne games at the start of the month over the past months, there wasn't much to go on through the course of a month. A week later, no updates (at least not significant) were given. This made me feel even less like a Plus member. Having a bi-weekly schedule, I could deal, but the deals weren't usually that terrific.

Message 4 of 16 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5113 posts

Nov 17, 2011

i like the once a month - but to be honest there was nothing this month that intrested me

Message 5 of 16 (23 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40067 posts

Nov 17, 2011

I really have no real prefererence about this, but if pushed I'd say I'm going to go with all at once at the start of the month.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri From 8am - 8pm PST
Message 6 of 16 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
315 posts

Nov 19, 2011

All at once is better for me since I have a Satellite connection which can make browsing the store a time consuming ordeal.

PSN doesn't seem to like high ping times so I like to get everything in one shot be it free stuff or just picking up a new title.

Thanks for asking bye the way .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Happy Pioneer Kuro 5080 & Optoma HD72 owner

I spent most of the eighties, most of my life, riding around in somebody else's car, in possession of, or ingested of, something illegal, on my way from something illegal to something illegal with many illegal things happening all around me.

James Newell Osterberg, Jr
Message 7 of 16 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6439 posts

Nov 19, 2011

I miss weekly updates.

Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion! playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com

PSN: ScreamAimFire999
Message 8 of 16 (23 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1250 posts

Nov 19, 2011

All at once for the main announced stuff, that hopefully we know about a month in advance!  I would rather have one major push, and then on a weekly basis, give us some of the bonus trinkets - i.e. avatars, themes, surprise offerings, please-please-please day one discounts for games releasing during the month.

I'm curious, was this feedback mostly from the official'ish blog?  I don't recall seeing much feedback here, except for JP sucks, or Sony stole my money (no JP), and JP will not download type threads.

Regardless of approach, it is important to give us as much notice as possible.  This really helps with planning purchases.

Message 9 of 16 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13633 posts

Nov 24, 2011

I prefer a weekly basis...this way I can do a little every week, and have something to possibly look forward to each week.

Also, when I D/L a bunch of things at once, they tend to get thrown to the side, with only one or two things (if lucky) getting played...most get "forgotten" until I go back and look through to see what's taking up space...a little at a time lets me play the same amount of content released in a month more efficiently

Message 10 of 16 (23 Views)
0 Likes