Dec 21 2012
By: likuid_ocelot First Son 4 posts

Not sure about this...help please

8 replies 307 views Edited Dec 21, 2012

Searched all over and cannot find a definitive answer on this.  So heres the deal.  I have a Vita and a PS3.  The master account is my wife's (don't ask why we ever set it up like this, cuz honesty I have no idea, lol).  Unfortunately, due to her account being the master (which PS Plus is on) I can't use any FREE Vita content on my Vita because I am not the owner of said content, she is.  I know you can't transfer your PS Plus subscription to another account, but let's say I let the subscription expire on her account and then start a new subscription on MY account.  Will I still be able to use all the FREE stuff I downloaded prior (on her account) or am I SOL?  I really don't want to lose all of my FREE PS3 games, but I don't think I should have to pay for a 2nd PS Plus subscription just to be able to use Vita content.  Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks peeps.

FYI you add me if you play MW2, MK, GOW:Ascension MP, Farcry 2, Rage, etc..

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5378 posts

Re: Not sure about this...help please

Dec 21, 2012
Well, plus content is tied to the account, if it was expired all plus content from her account will be expired until she resubscribes, If you subscribe to plus on your own account, you can download anything that`s currently up on plus, but nothing before that has already left plus. (Just to let you know, on monday 1 vita game is supposed to be rotated out.)

A question though, how are you trying to transfer over the vita game, from the vita, or a PS3, because you should be able to transfer over the vita games to your vita, if you are using the PS3 and you have not met the activation limit. (which you can always deactivate one your not using if you did.)
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (288 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Dec 21, 2012

Transferring from the PS3 to the Vita.  Only have 1 account on my Vita (and that's mine), and I tried to sign in with hers (on the Vita) and it told me I couldn't.  I really don't get why it has to be so complicated, the accounts are all (or at least should be) tied to the master account, so what's the big deal?  I can play games on my account on the PS3 that I downloaded with her account, so why not the Vita?  Makes no sense...

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (273 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4391 posts

Dec 22, 2012

The sub account is just supposed to be a protection for underage users, so parents can control their spending and online access.  It's not meant to be used by adults and it's not a way to share content between accounts.  You can play her games on the PS3 because the PS3 allows multiple accounts.  Without her account, those games can't be played, and it's the same on the Vita.

That said, I do think Sony should allow multiple accounts on the Vita, then this wouldn't be an issue.  For now, if you want to play the PS+ games on the Vita you'll have to buy your own subscription or reformat it and activate her account instead

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (226 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4709 posts

Dec 23, 2012
Does the multiple account glitch still work on the vita or did they patch it out?
 photo newforumsig_zps5ec69817.png
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (215 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Dec 23, 2012

Thanks everybody...looks like I'm gonna have to drop another 50 bucks...bleh.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5378 posts

Dec 24, 2012

likuid_ocelot wrote:

Transferring from the PS3 to the Vita.  Only have 1 account on my Vita (and that's mine), and I tried to sign in with hers (on the Vita) and it told me I couldn't.  I really don't get why it has to be so complicated, the accounts are all (or at least should be) tied to the master account, so what's the big deal?  I can play games on my account on the PS3 that I downloaded with her account, so why not the Vita?  Makes no sense...

Ok, so do you have 2 vitas, one for your wife and one for yourself. or 1 vita you share, either why you don`t actually have to buy a new PS+ subscription. A PS vita memory card can only be linked to  1 PSN account. If you have a account on your PS3 for your wife, and you download the vita games to that PS3, you can then transfer them to the vita which can be done even if the vita is not online enabled. So if you have your own vita, you can transfer the games from your PS3 through your wifes account to your vita, if not and you have your own memory card, the same thing can be done. (the Ps+ vita games will have an expiration date) what I said will work as long as your wife is not at the max activation limit.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (164 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Dec 26, 2012

chaos_789 wrote:

Ok, so do you have 2 vitas, one for your wife and one for yourself. or 1 vita you share, either why you don`t actually have to buy a new PS+ subscription. A PS vita memory card can only be linked to  1 PSN account. If you have a account on your PS3 for your wife, and you download the vita games to that PS3, you can then transfer them to the vita which can be done even if the vita is not online enabled. So if you have your own vita, you can transfer the games from your PS3 through your wifes account to your vita, if not and you have your own memory card, the same thing can be done. (the Ps+ vita games will have an expiration date) what I said will work as long as your wife is not at the max activation limit.

What you just said makes no sense.  If I'm understanding correctly, you are telling me that it basically doesn't matter that it's her account that PS+ is registered to, I should still be able to move that content (that is downloaded from PS+ under her account, and lists her as the owner)  to my VIta (that has my PSN info).  I tried that, it doesn't work, I am not the owner of them, she is.  It clearly states that is the reason I can't tranfer them.

There is only 1 Vita (which has my account linked to it).  The MASTER account which PS+ is registered on (on the PS3, which we only have 1 of) is hers.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5378 posts

Dec 27, 2012
well, what I am saying is you can transfer Plus games to a vita, even if you have no account linked to it, I don`t see why it wouldn`t work for you, unless there is already 2 systems linked to her account. (2 vita`s or PSP combination.) I don`t have a vita myself at this time, but the stuff I checked up on it, seems to say that my info is correct. What does it exactly say when you tried to transfer?

Maybe someone else will post that has more info on this then myself.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (107 Views)
0 Likes