Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 04 2013
By: Rojo_Capo First Son 19 posts

Not having ps vita, getting ps3 owners a little left out?

16 replies 288 views Edited Feb 4, 2013

Hey!!

Please note that i am very very happy with my PS+ subscription, even if this seems like a complaint :smileytongue:

i have been out for a couple of weeks and went on to the store to see whats good to download, and i did not cath one thing :smileytongue: ...

But i have been seeing more and more free vita stuff and less and less ps3 stuff...

Now i would care less i guess if i had one but since i only own a PS3  i feel like i am getting a little bit left out in here.

Again i am happy so far but since they started vita i feel a decrease in ps3 stuff, i can only hope that it doesn't get worst .

Is anyone else seeing this or is it just me :smileytongue:

Message 1 of 17 (288 Views)
VP of Gaming
30443 posts

Re: Not having ps vita, getting ps3 owners a little left out?

Feb 4, 2013

I raised this as a concern of mine some weeks back when we we told that the free games would likely be rotating between PS3 & PS VITA, as a PS3 owner & not a VITA owner it has annoyed me too.

Message 2 of 17 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Feb 5, 2013

There hasn't been a single change in the 3 free PS3 games we are promised a month.

Message 3 of 17 (260 Views)
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Feb 5, 2013

First off, there are many users (like myself), that only own a Vita and not a PS3, so it works both ways....like this week, where you guys receive a game and we don't (not that I'm complaining, just making a point).

That being said, so far the PS3 PS+ offerings have not been affected by the addition of Vita support. The only week that the Vita got a game that PS3 didn't was the last week of the month, which PS3 users never typically received a game anyway. All that aside, PS3 got FIVE games last month, which is more than was ever promised, so if anything, it seems Sony is going out of their way to appease PS3 owners.

Message 4 of 17 (243 Views)
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Feb 5, 2013

There were five??? We got mega man, Darksiders and foosball what other 2 games did we get?

Message 5 of 17 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Feb 5, 2013

bamahollis88 wrote:

There were five??? We got mega man, Darksiders and foosball what other 2 games did we get?

Five if you count Mega Man as two (since you got 9 and 10). The other game you're forgetting is NBA Jam. Four or five...either way you look at it, Vita did not hurt the PS3 last month.

Message 6 of 17 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

Feb 5, 2013
Based on the past 3 months, we haven't gotten less games since the Vita IGC was launched. 3 PS3 games in November, 4 in December, and 4 in January. Even though SCEA hasn't officially said it, we get at least 3 PS3 games per month and 2 Vita games. The PS Vita games come in the last 2 weeks.
Message 7 of 17 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
61 posts

Feb 5, 2013

The addition of Vita hasn't affected the amount of PS3 games we've recieved. Two of the Vita offerings have been cross-plays. If anything, we've benefited more.

Message 8 of 17 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

Feb 5, 2013
And PS3 players still felt the need to complain about Retro City Rampage. Foosball was a little underwhelming, but it's not a bad game for what it is. The online MP is laggy, though.
Message 9 of 17 (222 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Feb 5, 2013
I love ps+ I got darksiders and nba jam right now, both of which are amazingly fun. I'll be downloading mega man 9 and 10 tomorrow, so I am definitely not complaining about 4 games for only $17.99.

I don't own a vita. I would love to since I love everything about playstation, but I work at Walmart and am poor, so I don't have it to get it.
My PSN
Message 10 of 17 (204 Views)
0 Likes