Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 15 2011
By: papagoose3 First Son 1 posts

Not getting email to set up sub account for child under 13

6 replies 62 views Edited Jan 15, 2011

We tried 3 times last night to creat sub accounts for my children under 13 and it says to check your email to complete the setup online and I have not recieved any emails.  Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 7 (62 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: Not getting email to set up sub account for child under 13

Feb 2, 2011

same here did you get the email yet?

Message 2 of 7 (62 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jun 15, 2011

I spoke with several customer service reps who said that I am mistaken about the account management server being down.

I have received several emails from customer service telling me the same thing.

Finally, I got a supervisor today, after TWO HOURS of BS, and he told me that indeed the server for managing accounts from the PC (which includes activating sub-accounts) has been down for an undetermined amount of time, and he has no idea when it will be active again.  He further told me that ALL the customer service representatives, including the ones who told me I am using my PC wrong, have been informed.

So, Sony lies as a policy, they refused to incorporate a work-around (phone authorization for instance) and all the negative revies online are true.

Even still, after speaking with the supervisor, I keep getting emails telling me all I have to do is follow the link, and all will be fine - the same old same old link.

Message 3 of 7 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2566 posts

Jun 15, 2011

papagoose3 wrote:

We tried 3 times last night to creat sub accounts for my children under 13 and it says to check your email to complete the setup online and I have not recieved any emails.  Any help would be appreciated.

Check your Spam folder, but the offical Sony way hasn't worked since the network came back online.  I did find a workaround and posted it here:

http://community.us.playstation.com/message/31121581#31121581

Message 4 of 7 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1427 posts

Jun 16, 2011

Oh it gets weirder. Hong Kong just came back up, so I zipped there, it said the password had to change and I'd get an e-mail. Low & behold, I GET the e-mail with a web link. Goes to a password change page, where I put in a new one... BUT that page CLEWARLY was a piece of the web access method that has been shut down for so long (same design, grahics, coloring)! I figured it was back up, so I hit my link... darn, under maintenance.

0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1245 posts

Nov 5, 2011

I'm having this problem right now. What was the fix of this back in June? Is it normal for the Acccount Manager server to be down right now?

Message 6 of 7 (62 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
17766 posts

Nov 5, 2011

Sirbob wrote:

I'm having this problem right now. What was the fix of this back in June? Is it normal for the Acccount Manager server to be down right now?

I set mine up thru qriocity.com during the outage.....

Message 7 of 7 (62 Views)
0 Likes