Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
90 posts

Re: Not Impressed.

Apr 15, 2013

In what world is Gamestop's return policy better than Target or Wal Mart? I bought my ps3 from walmart 6 years ago and they'd probably still take it back.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. -Albert Einstein

Message 41 of 55 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

Apr 15, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

SQLOwns wrote:

So I finally bought a PS3 yesterday.  I needed something that could play blue rays and also netflix for my tv and figured I might as well get a console also.  So far I must say I have not been impressed.  I purchased the uncharted 3 bundle.  So far the PS3 has stopped input once (my friend had to help me reset it), the monthly pass for playstation plus is expired (not that big of a deal), the uncharted 3 multiplayer code (plus "$45 worth of content") is invalid, and even navigating the menus is slow.  Is this the kind of quality products that Sony puts out?  I was planning on waiting for the PS4, but I'm now glad I didn't spend the extra money.  I am **bleep** near close to returning this **bleep** to Target, but I'd feel bad because I realize this isn't Target's fault, but Sony's.  If your customer service is anything like your products, I don't expect any type of useful response.  I just wanted to share my experience thus far.  I will be warning people to stay away from Sony products from here on out, although I doubt it will do much good.  Should have just gotten an XBox and standalone blue ray player.......heck, I still might.  :smileyhappy:

-SQLOwns

So you chose to buy a three year old game bundle, and now you're complaining that the redemption codes are expired. So far you've made two posts, both on the same subject.

This is a prime example of "gamers" being intellectually lazy, and just giving up. "Oh, it's too hard. Sony should do everything for me instead of me seeing if I can rectify the situation myself". I'd hate to see what happens if you buy a car and you get a flat tire. "Is this the kind of quality that Mercedes puts out?" and you'd probably just walk away and abandon the vehicle.

I think OP's logic is off, but he has a right to be mad that a new console he bought comes with a DLC code and a PS+ trial which are both expired. You assumed this was a 3-year-old bundle even though he said he bought it at Target a day ago, it came with a PS+ trial, and DLC for UC3. This bundle was the first one for the new PS3 model.

Message 42 of 55 (177 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15579 posts

Apr 15, 2013

docshady wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:
Ever think he chose to complain and simply give up, rather than to seek some sort of remedy to the situation?

IF he chooses to give up, then thats his loss.  

As a consumer, the OP has the right to complain, his wallet gave him that right.  All I'm saying is sony or any other company should work to give the customer the best experience possible as we're the ones who pay the bills.

They failed to do that with the OP.  Expired codes is not his responsibility.  It wasn't noted anywhere on the box and he had no way of knowing about it.  Has sony ever provided any reason for the fact that the codes expire?  I can't see why they would choose to do that but I'm assuming they had their reasons.

Based off of what?

A company isn't going to do ANYTHING unless you take the initiative to CALL SUPPORT..... apparetly this hasn't dawned on OP and expects something to magically resolved itself without lifting a finger

Logic, who would've thought eh? Oh wait.... No one thinks anymore.
Message 43 of 55 (174 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15579 posts

Apr 15, 2013

DoubleO_seven wrote:

Jmes99 wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

SQLOwns wrote:

So I finally bought a PS3 yesterday.  I needed something that could play blue rays and also netflix for my tv and figured I might as well get a console also.  So far I must say I have not been impressed.  I purchased the uncharted 3 bundle.  So far the PS3 has stopped input once (my friend had to help me reset it), the monthly pass for playstation plus is expired (not that big of a deal), the uncharted 3 multiplayer code (plus "$45 worth of content") is invalid, and even navigating the menus is slow.  Is this the kind of quality products that Sony puts out?  I was planning on waiting for the PS4, but I'm now glad I didn't spend the extra money.  I am **bleep** near close to returning this **bleep** to Target, but I'd feel bad because I realize this isn't Target's fault, but Sony's.  If your customer service is anything like your products, I don't expect any type of useful response.  I just wanted to share my experience thus far.  I will be warning people to stay away from Sony products from here on out, although I doubt it will do much good.  Should have just gotten an XBox and standalone blue ray player.......heck, I still might.  :smileyhappy:

-SQLOwns

What does "stopped input" mean? And your friend had to help you hold down the power button?

As far as a useful response... official SONY employees and customer support people dont typically read the forums, and if they do, they dont make themselves known.

My favorite part is where you "will be warning people to stay away from SONY products" yes, with your large market pull and economical influence, NO!, ANYTHING BUT THAT! lol...

And, you're glad you didnt spend the extra money but you "still might" buy an xbox AND a standalone *blu-ray player? 

*denotes the correct form of blu-ray

Not to mention he will also spend $60 a year on Xbox gold to get access to Netflix and the rest of the apps.

OOOOO no, not that..60 bucks a year..good lord. :manlol:

Its not the money thats the issue... its the PRINCIPLE..... but this was only until recently that Xbox users can now have access to netflix WITHOUT having a subscription to Live.

Message 44 of 55 (172 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15579 posts

Apr 15, 2013

KR0N1K_KUSH wrote:

how is he being lazy and giving up? he should get what he paid for out of the box, end of story. those codes should have never expired, they were in a sealed package deal, why would they need to? answer. sony wanted them expired so they could make the extra $$ and not provide the serivce offered

You might wanna throw that tin-foil hat away before you get angry with yourself.

In any case, the issue is that OP came to vent about some frustration he is having. People are responding, in kind, to the fact that he had a lapse in judgement and did not call Sony, but instead went to a forum to expect something to happen.

Obviously, the issue is in the process of being resolved, so you shouldn't have bothered posting something that has very little relation to the issue at hand. 
There is no telling why the codes were invalidated, but its obvious, again, that its being worked on.

Message 45 of 55 (172 Views)
PlayStation MVP
48845 posts

Apr 15, 2013

deaofly wrote:
Call Sony thats all you have to do. Not coming here posting hate messages about the PS3. This is what you do, call Sony, have your receipt with you so you can provide the info so they can mtach the sale in their records for the system. They can issue you a new redeem code if you talk to them with a little class. Thats it.

correct, and if you don't like the phone there are several other options   http://us.playstation.com/support/contact_options/index.htm

Message 46 of 55 (157 Views)
Last Guardian
11104 posts

Apr 15, 2013
Wow... that was the 1st time the OP bought a PS3 so he obviously did NOT KNOW ANYTHING about the games, go easy on him ffs, i bet when you 1st bought a PS3 you had some issues too, i did... anyway, good luck to you, OP, and don't return your PS3 to the store, it's a good product once you know **bleep** you're supposed to do. :smileyhappy:
Message 47 of 55 (148 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
48845 posts

Apr 15, 2013

renatabls wrote:
Wow... that was the 1st time the OP bought a PS3 so he obviously did NOT KNOW ANYTHING about the games, go easy on him ffs, i bet when you 1st bought a PS3 you had some issues too, i did... anyway, good luck to you, OP, and don't return your PS3 to the store, it's a good product once you know **bleep** you're supposed to do. :smileyhappy:

You sound like you read my mind when I read some of the responses to people's first time questions....i just ignore the others and try to leave helpful info if I can.

Message 48 of 55 (129 Views)
First Son
22 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 15, 2013

His complaints seem legit. He’s in the market for a new blu-ray player so he walks into Target (not some shady store) and picks up a brand new PS3. Firstly, how is he supposed know the subscriptions or codes expire? Even I don’t, and I have 3 PS3s. Secondly, he paid for the product and what was advertised on the box. He simply wants to get what he paid for. Thirdly, I’m glad he posted this, so others in a similar situation may be careful. The PS3 does freeze sometimes (rarely), but nothing so serious that a reboot won't fix. Seems like an awful experience if on the very first day, you’re already calling customer support.

So of course he's not impressed, he was reasonably let down. But don't get me wrong the PS3 is one amazing machine, once you get over your hurdle you'll probably grow to love it!

*edit* also PSN+ does matter for the overall first impression. Because if you just bought it, you'll likely not know what the PS3 is capable of, so the FREE games are great for introductions.

Message 49 of 55 (117 Views)
PlayStation MVP
14022 posts

Apr 16, 2013

SQLOwns wrote:

-SQLOwns

Keep playing......

Buy more games and then rant. Because there are more and better exclusives for the PS3 that your missing.

Multisystem owner. PS Plus member:Legendary status.GAP member with a launch PS3 & PS4.

Message 50 of 55 (99 Views)
0 Likes