Dec 27 2013
By: HawkWillie First Son 3 posts

Noob at Battlefield 4 - Tips?

22 replies 588 views Edited Dec 27, 2013

I love this game but I am getting slaughtered in the online play.  I get that my competition has far superior weapons than I do, but the best kill/KIA I've had so far is 4:10.  I lean toward the engineer class as I like the main weapon and the rocket launcher the best.

Curious what you true gamers have for tips to help me level up? 

Message 1 of 23 (588 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4550 posts

Re: Noob at Battlefield 4 - Tips?

Dec 27, 2013

Welcome to the Forums.

I would suggest that you camp for dem kills.

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee   

Message 2 of 23 (581 Views)
Gaming Beast
2157 posts

Dec 27, 2013

Camping is a good option, also get to know the guns and how they work, you may want to shoot 3 at a time, if you hold the trigger in you will miss your target.  Just get a better feel for aiming and you will be good.  I went through the same thing on the beta of bf4, never had a great kill ratio but if you play the game correctly you can get a lot of points and even be on top with points with a 4 : 10 kill/death ratio.

Atari, Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, PS1, Sega Saturn, PS2, PSP, PS3, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo 3ds and PS4
Message 3 of 23 (568 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
366 posts

Dec 27, 2013

HawkWillie wrote:

I love this game but I am getting slaughtered in the online play.  I get that my competition has far superior weapons than I do, but the best kill/KIA I've had so far is 4:10.  I lean toward the engineer class as I like the main weapon and the rocket launcher the best.

Curious what you true gamers have for tips to help me level up? 

BF4 is Unstable ... its Lags , 90% of the Weapons HAVE MAJOR RECOIL.., Weapons that shouldn't RECOIls have Like.. MASSIVE RECOILS.......i wouldn't advice u to get the game. untill they fix all this Jiberish

In other words.... Use C4 ... on vehicles....and Snipe Alot... and u'll LVL up..

"You can't believe everything on the Internet"-- Kevin Butler
Message 4 of 23 (566 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1480 posts

Dec 27, 2013
Play objective based game modes and play the objectives. You should level up pretty fast. As for the kills... Don't try to be the lone wolf. Run with a squad and work together. And communicate. If you want to add me you can. I'm not a god @ the game by any means but I can hold my own.
Message 5 of 23 (559 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1480 posts

Dec 27, 2013
Oh ya like someone else stated burst fire is your friend. And don't try to shoot people from long range. If you can try to use cover to move and get closer. Don't shoot from out in the open. Use cover. And if you can't get closer simply spot them so another teammate might have a chance to get them. I've seen countless times someone chasing an enemy down to only be killed by another enemy.
Message 6 of 23 (551 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Dec 27, 2013

Thanks for the welcome and I appreciate the tips.

I need to get more comfortable with the maps as well.  I fair decently in the hotel, dam, and (I believe) Shanghai.  The maps that are a little more enclosed I struggle with as I will be moving through the map and enemies will be camped out waiting for easy targets like me.

Message 7 of 23 (522 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
148 posts

Dec 27, 2013

Definitely don't camp lol. Move slow, use all the cover you can and roll with your squad as best you can. Work as a team and if you're playing objective based game modes, worry more about playing the objective and helping your team win then going hunting for kills. Spend a lot of time in the test range getting familiar with how to use the vehicles as well, it helps.

Message 8 of 23 (508 Views)
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
847 posts

Dec 27, 2013
Learn to control recoil by firing in bursts. The guy who says all weapons have major recoil has no idea what he's talking about and is most likely a COD player who is used to the laser accuracy of all guns in those games.

Fire in controlled bursts, pick your battles, play smart.
Message 9 of 23 (504 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
316 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 27, 2013

I like to play conquest mode. Go for the objectives. Capture the flags and defend the flags. Even if you do not get a lot of kills you can still get a lot of points from capturing flags. I often spawn to a blinking flag to help defend it.

Use the spot button R1 is the default. If someone kills a spotted enemy you get spot points.

Do short bursts and crouch for more accuracy. As you use the gun attachments unlock. Press Square before you spawn to change gear.

Follow squad or commander orders you get bonus points for going for the highlighted objectives.

Get into a squad and spawn to your mates to get into the action faster.

In bf4 the kills don't matter as much as the objectives. You can out score a lot of higher K/D ratio peeps just playing the objectives.

If you play medic (assault) then throw those health packs out a lot. Same with Support Ammo packs. You can get a lot of points resupplying your teammates.

Reloading before the clip is empty will lose the ammo still left in clip. Press Triangle to switch to handgun if you run out during firefight. Its faster to switch to handgun than it is to reload.

When swimming crouch will make you dive underwater. Press Jump to resurface before you drown. You can use the handgun when swimming and tools like the engi torch.

Message 10 of 23 (498 Views)