Dec 30 2013
By: Batman1793 First Son 9 posts

Non-PSN Plus Users have no ability to purchase games on the store...

3 replies 211 views Edited Dec 30, 2012

I was browsing the store on my PS3 and looking to buy a game but I couldn't because I was required to sign up for Playstation Plus.... I'm wondering if there is any future plans to fix this issue because I do not intend to buy any other games other than the one I selected. It's an excess amount even if it is just 17.99 for a one time purchase to buy a game, and there are really no benefits that I'm interested in joining for.

VYXZ Inc · Welcome to the future
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
672 posts

Re: Non-PSN Plus Users have no ability to purchase games on the store...

[ Edited ]
Dec 30, 2012

God of War? There are only like 3 games that require you to be a plus member to be able to purchase. Sometimes preorders do to.

You've also posted this in the wrong part of the forums. :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (207 Views)
PlayStation Moderator
5465 posts

Jan 2, 2013
Thread moved from PS Community Meets PS Blog section.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Jan 2, 2013

Batman1793 wrote:

I was browsing the store on my PS3 and looking to buy a game but I couldn't because I was required to sign up for Playstation Plus.... I'm wondering if there is any future plans to fix this issue because I do not intend to buy any other games other than the one I selected. It's an excess amount even if it is just 17.99 for a one time purchase to buy a game, and there are really no benefits that I'm interested in joining for.

Hold up... You don't have Plus? Sad.. Anyways, what game is it that you're trying to buy? Is it one of the Origins titles, either Chains of Olympus or Ghost of Sparta? Those are Plus exclusive titles. The other way you can get it is if you have Paypal or Amazon, or you buy the God of War Saga which includes a code for the Origins titles. People at cheapassgamer are selling the Origins Collection code, which includes both games. I got mine for $5, but the usual price is about $8-10 Paypal or Amazon.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (165 Views)