Nov 17 2013
By: entropic-hero First Son 2 posts

No support for playing movies on thumbdrive!? FIX IT Sony

4 replies 157 views Edited Nov 17, 2013

I've spent thousands on sony playstation products but this later discovery with the PS4 has really made me question how I spend my money.

Everything from my phone to my PS3 and yes, my Xbox 360, play movies downloaded on them from the computer or via thumbdrive.  My wife and I sat back to watch a movie, on my thumbdrive, upon picking up our preordered PS4.  Surprisingly, there was no option to access the movie or any other content from my thumbdrive- so I had to boot up my Xbox 360 just to watch the movie!  Sony **bleep**!

To be honest, I still plan on purchasing the Xbox One but was planning on using it for only exclusives while buying all multi-platform games for the PS4.  UNLESS their are some major updates to the PS4, I will do the exact opposite and buy most of my games for the XBox One.  I understand the PS4 is a gaming platform but to have to revert to an older system or even my phone to watch a move from my thumbdrive is ridiculous!

Pleas fix this issue Sony- I don't want to revert back to Microsoft over a number of small issues, this is but one, with the PS4.

Message 1 of 5 (157 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Re: No support for playing movies on thumbdrive!? FIX IT Sony

Nov 26, 2013

I agree, it not that big of a deal to have had this at launch. But they do need to fix this,

Message 2 of 5 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1564 posts

Nov 26, 2013
Sony already said this will be added in a future patch.
Message 3 of 5 (108 Views)
Fender Bender
3501 posts

Nov 26, 2013

I love these fix it or I will <insert various threats>... threads.

It has been discussed and I suspect we will see an update.

Now I am off to toss the ball for my dog and if he does not bring it back, I am getting a cat.

The truth will set you free... But it may sting a bit...
Message 4 of 5 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
833 posts

Nov 26, 2013
Fix it now
Message 5 of 5 (94 Views)
0 Likes