Highlighted
Jun 14 2012
By: danne2008 First Son 1 posts

No sound to Ps3

1 replies 107 views Edited Jun 14, 2012

Hey,

I decided to start playing some Skyrim again after retiring from it for a couple of months.

This time i decided to plug my Ps3 to my 23" Lcd LED screen which has no speakers. So i thought i could plug in my usb headset (Logitech G35) into it, though i couldn't get any sound.

So what i thought was, now that my headset works as speakers for my monitor (headset is plugged into pc), can't i get sound from my monitor that gets sound through pc? Can't i get sound with the help of my headset in any way?

How my Ps3 is plugged into pc:

I use an hdmi cable to the monitor, and in the same monitor i have plugged in a dvi cable for my computer. Because i don't have speakers built in my screen i use an usb headset that is plugged into my computer.

If you got any questions, feel free to ask.

Sincerely, Daniel.

Message 1 of 2 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Re: No sound to Ps3

Jun 15, 2012

Unless you can plug the headset's USB cable into the PS3 and the PS3 is able to output sound through it, then no.

Most new monitors come with a 3.5mm headphone jack (audio output) which you can use to plug in external audio equipment such as speaker or headphones.

They output whatever sound signal is being sent to the monitor through HDMI.

I have a 26" monitor that has HDMI input with a 3.5mm audio out and I get sound from my PS3 when I had it hooked up to it.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 2 of 2 (107 Views)
0 Likes