Uncharted Territory
1368 posts

Re: No more updates.

Oct 25, 2012
This update added a feature I wanted.. I sat through the update patiently, it took like three minutes. If they stopped updating people would scream for new features.. posts like this get old fast.
 photo EZRASIG_zpsf85694e2.jpg
Message 41 of 58 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2185 posts

Oct 25, 2012

Nope, I ignored and refused the agreement then used the system anyway. I accepted nothing and never will however I WILL use Sony and the network that is supposed to be offered for the PS3. They don't have a choice here. Why should they? If they 'have a right' to add features then so do we, that's how the world works and if they don't like it then find a new market. Ignorant people just assume they have to do what they'd told because of the big bad company.

Geo lost because of money, not because of anything legal. While the little guy is usually right versus a big company, the only trials that actually 'battle' it out are company vs company with equal bank accounts.

The point is the PS1 and PS2 had no updates or online and did BETTER than PS3, proving updates have hurt sales. Even the DS and 3DS beat the PSP and Vita, since the Nin systems don't update often if ever. Hacking will never cease so it's pointless to claim to prevent it and keep them hacking. I've already proven that wrong by stating the Wii and DS were hacked with little effect on profits. There's nothing broken so that's not an excuse. New features should be optional since so many don't want them. I've yet to see a good reason for all these updates. I wish it was once a year, instead they force crap on us every other week and that's too much. Vita stopped going online a few weeks ago, they broke the store last week, and now the PS3 won't go online. Tell me where the benefits, new features, or fixes are now. I see all negative things thanks to their stupid plans.

Too bad, they want new features then go buy something else. I DON'T want those features and shouldn't have to get them due to a few idiots. The PS3 needs to do nothing other than play games. That's the focus and what it does well. The non-gaming fluff is disposable.

So until someone has a better reason, updates must stop. The next step is contacting support and moving up the Sony chain to stop updates. I know I won't get far on this board since people don't listen nor have jobs at Sony. Guess the point was just to spread the word. Encourage those who agree to speak up since we're the majority.

Too many games, too little time.
Message 42 of 58 (83 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1022 posts

Oct 25, 2012

DPsx7 wrote:

The point is the PS1 and PS2 had no updates or online and did BETTER than PS3, proving updates have hurt sales.  

Or, by your logic, it proves that online gaming has hurt sales.... Smiley Surprised

Message 43 of 58 (79 Views)
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Oct 25, 2012

You do know that the moment you BUY a PS3, you are entering an agreement with Sony?

It really sounds like you're trying your hardest to make people believe you're some sort of authority on the legal jargon on Sony's many agreements that you enter into the moment you even download ONE thing or create a user account.

Get off what ever paper-mache horse you rode in on.

If you denied the agreements that Sony requires you to accept, then how are you even playing on PS3 to being with?

Furiously Chaosing
Message 44 of 58 (77 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1022 posts

Oct 25, 2012

gR3yGh051 wrote:

You do know that the moment you BUY a PS3, you are entering an agreement with Sony?

It really sounds like you're trying your hardest to make people believe you're some sort of authority on the legal jargon on Sony's many agreements that you enter into the moment you even download ONE thing or create a user account.

Get off what ever paper-mache horse you rode in on.

If you denied the agreements that Sony requires you to accept, then how are you even playing on PS3 to being with?

He was crossing his fingers when he agreed so it doesn't count.

LOL

Message 45 of 58 (73 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1392 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 25, 2012

If they stopped updating our console security could be at risk updates not only add and take away things but also fix hacks and glitches im sure you people would be raging alot more if they never updated and hackers were aloud to roam free on psn

Message 46 of 58 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1392 posts

Oct 25, 2012

DistantWords wrote:

DPsx7 wrote:

The point is the PS1 and PS2 had no updates or online and did BETTER than PS3, proving updates have hurt sales.  

Or, by your logic, it proves that online gaming has hurt sales.... Smiley Surprised

LMFAO are you SERIOUS!!! COME ON MAN First the ps1 didn't have updates because the ps1 wasn't able to be played online in the first place... and the ps2 i dont even think they had the technology they do now to send you updates hell we didnt even have a psn back then ...most people back on the ps2 had slow internet anyways the ps3 is a totally diferent system from both lol i can't believe you actually said that im now starting to believe DPsx7 is a Troll

Message 47 of 58 (69 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1022 posts

Oct 25, 2012

xChrisGTRx wrote:

DistantWords wrote:

DPsx7 wrote:

LMFAO are you SERIOUS!!! COME ON MAN First the ps1 didn't have updates because the ps1 wasn't able to be played online in the first place... and the ps2 i dont even think they had the technology they do now to send you updates hell we didnt even have a psn back then ...most people back on the ps2 had slow internet anyways the ps3 is a totally diferent system from both lol i can't believe you actually said that im now starting to believe DPsx7 is a Troll

I was being sarcastic...  In case any of that was directed at me.

Message 48 of 58 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11838 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 25, 2012

DPsx7 wrote:

Nope, I ignored and refused the agreement then used the system anyway. I accepted nothing and never will however I WILL use Sony and the network that is supposed to be offered for the PS3. They don't have a choice here. Why should they? If they 'have a right' to add features then so do we, that's how the world works and if they don't like it then find a new market. Ignorant people just assume they have to do what they'd told because of the big bad company.

Geo lost because of money, not because of anything legal. While the little guy is usually right versus a big company, the only trials that actually 'battle' it out are company vs company with equal bank accounts.

The point is the PS1 and PS2 had no updates or online and did BETTER than PS3, proving updates have hurt sales. Even the DS and 3DS beat the PSP and Vita, since the Nin systems don't update often if ever. Hacking will never cease so it's pointless to claim to prevent it and keep them hacking. I've already proven that wrong by stating the Wii and DS were hacked with little effect on profits. There's nothing broken so that's not an excuse. New features should be optional since so many don't want them. I've yet to see a good reason for all these updates. I wish it was once a year, instead they force crap on us every other week and that's too much. Vita stopped going online a few weeks ago, they broke the store last week, and now the PS3 won't go online. Tell me where the benefits, new features, or fixes are now. I see all negative things thanks to their stupid plans.

Too bad, they want new features then go buy something else. I DON'T want those features and shouldn't have to get them due to a few idiots. The PS3 needs to do nothing other than play games. That's the focus and what it does well. The non-gaming fluff is disposable.

So until someone has a better reason, updates must stop. The next step is contacting support and moving up the Sony chain to stop updates. I know I won't get far on this board since people don't listen nor have jobs at Sony. Guess the point was just to spread the word. Encourage those who agree to speak up since we're the majority.

If you refused the agreement than you wouldn't be able to sign up for a psn account.  and you do not own the system software, therefore you do not have the right to modify it.  You can only do what Sony allows you to do with it. Oh yea even Nintendo systems update

>

Message 49 of 58 (62 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Oct 25, 2012

To your idea of you are in the majority turn your attention to the blog.share. Here are two links proving you are in the minority

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2010/05/03/only-massive-important-updates/

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2010/03/21/more-firmware-updates/

Message 50 of 58 (46 Views)