Sackboy
601 posts

Re: No more updates.

Oct 24, 2012

This is something you find the time to complain about? Really? 

Message 21 of 58 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
120 posts

Oct 24, 2012
I don't like the updates either unless its important, half of the time I don't even read what the update is for since its pointless cause I have to accept either way. But I could've sworn on this lastupdate it said it would allow the vita to see trophies or some **bleep**. I think stuff like that is pointless, if you want that feature it should be downloadable in the store not required.
As far as fkn stuff up, go look in the support section and see how many people's ps3s are having trouble since this last update.
Critical updates yes, unimportant little bells and whistles optional that's my stance
Message 22 of 58 (141 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Oct 24, 2012

Thanks to this update, for some reason the connection I use at my school (SUNY Oswego NY) is not supported. To think I was playing online just five days ago. This is terrible... my school requires a special sign in page to be filled out before signing onto the psn which was fine, but now it doesn't work because the type of connection is not supported. My school uses secureW2 and XpressConnect... I need help... this is really bad because now I can't play anything online....

Message 23 of 58 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2179 posts

Oct 24, 2012

Keep the replies coming folks. We need to show these fools that the demand for updates is incredibly low.

Too many games, too little time.
Message 24 of 58 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11625 posts

Oct 24, 2012

like it or not updates are going to happen, so get over it, while they do make some updates optional..  others are, weither they carry anything beneficial to you or they dont...  oh and just because you feel that sony fails to give a update that you would want, dont give you the legal right to do anything to your ps3 other than to destroy it or sell it...  you only have a license to use it...  and you have to accept whatever changes they choose to make to the ps3 if you want continued use of the ps3 especially if you want to connect to psn.. 

updats are common place now... xbox does it, wii does it, ds and 3ds does it,  and im pretty sure the ps4 will do it... 

>

Message 25 of 58 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11625 posts

Oct 24, 2012

DPsx7 wrote:

Why should anyone else's word take precedence over mine? It's a fact the updates are quite useless and unwanted except by a few. Others just don't care and do what they're told regardless of the outcome.

G4 is full of morons too. People need to be educated.

The moral of this story is if Sony doesn't stop then the hackers are going to win and business will drop. We need a petition for no more updates.

you know there are more security updates than anything else right...  its mainly to stay ahead of the hackers, maybe if the hackers were to stop trying maybe sony wouldnt feel the need to update so much

>

Message 26 of 58 (116 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28682 posts

Oct 24, 2012

DPsx7 wrote:

What link, it's common sense. Nobody wants this crap, nobody with a clue anyway. And it's only trolling if I'm wrong so you lose on that point too.

In the end Sony needs to stop updating for the good of everyone. If Sony won't learn then their hardware is going to suffer (PSP and Vita are proof), and the hacking community will continue their work when Sony fails to give us what we want. It's not about piracy, that's a minor point. Again the PS1 and PS2 were fantastic. As soon as updates started, there goes the marketshare. Sony can't be this stupid to miss the obvious. Can they?

No, "common sense" is looking both ways to make sure there's no oncoming traffic before you cross the street. "Common sense" is not sticking your face in an exhaust fan. What you've made is what's known as an unqualified statement.

Message 27 of 58 (115 Views)
VP of Gaming
28682 posts

Oct 24, 2012

DPsx7 wrote:

Why should anyone else's word take precedence over mine? It's a fact the updates are quite useless and unwanted except by a few. Others just don't care and do what they're told regardless of the outcome.

G4 is full of morons too. People need to be educated.

The moral of this story is if Sony doesn't stop then the hackers are going to win and business will drop. We need a petition for no more updates.

Why? Because who the hell exactly are you? That's why.

I always say that the difference between a lot of people on the net and myself is that I KNOW I'm full of B.S.

Message 28 of 58 (112 Views)
Fender Bender
3105 posts

Oct 25, 2012

sorry to tell you but when i bought my ps3 i didn't sign or agree to anything,the only TOS i agreed to was for PSN...i payed good money for a console that does not operate like it is supposed to now due to 4.30...their software has ruined my console so yes i do retain the right to do as i please with my console and im not going to destroy it or sell it...i am going to make it work again like it's supposed to and yes i have every legal right to do so...and so does anyone else with a destroyed console because Sony obviously don't do much testing before these are put out and the responsibility lays on them actually but we all know they aren't going to do anything..i stand by what i say and nobody can change that..get over it..

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 29 of 58 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
44 posts

Oct 25, 2012

I can't even play the Playstation All-Stars Beta anymore since the update, all my ps3 does is freeze. I even tried updating my ps3 manually and it still freezes.

Message 30 of 58 (91 Views)
0 Likes