First Son
16 posts

Re: No more updates.

Oct 24, 2012
These updates are pointless as **bleep**. Like some guy previously said, I just want to play my games online, but when these crappy mandatory updates forbid you from playing online that's when it becomes a problem...come on Sony I left Xbox for a reason, but now you guys are making me have second thoughts
Message 11 of 58 (174 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
8883 posts

Oct 24, 2012

GorillaWarTactix wrote:
These updates are pointless as **bleep**. Like some guy previously said, I just want to play my games online, but when these crappy mandatory updates forbid you from playing online that's when it becomes a problem...come on Sony I left Xbox for a reason, but now you guys are making me have second thoughts

Every update has a purpose, even if it's something you don't notice.

Message 12 of 58 (173 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1042 posts

Oct 24, 2012
How long does it takes to download the update anyway?
Every update brings an improvement to your console, some are crappy I give you that but if the updates stop people will complain about their consoles not being supported. I prefer to have them and annoy me every 1-2 months than not have them at all.
Message 13 of 58 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
392 posts

Oct 24, 2012
Updates are a necessity that will never go away. You may not have any understanding of why or what they are for but they are necessary. Xbox updates, pc's update, wii updates, hell even cell phones update. Get over it this is a stupid thread.
Baptism's of Fire
Photobucket
Message 14 of 58 (157 Views)
Uncharted Territory
2179 posts

Oct 24, 2012

You're all wrong. Updating has zero benefits. More often creating problems because nothing was broken in the first place. They should be optional or limited to once a year.

Too bad, let them complain. A steady flow of good games is enough support. You want something else, go buy a PC. There's no reason why they should get their way when more of us refuse this trash on our GAMING console.

Ah but they aren't forced updates and don't reduce the functionality of your hardware. Or they're able to be rolled back when something goes wrong. Sony has the worst system in place for updating.

It needs to stop. The majority has spoken. If it doesn't, then Go Hackers!

Too many games, too little time.
Message 15 of 58 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Oct 24, 2012
Ooooh I get it now. Your word is law, isn't it? Your way or the highway, huh? Well, good luck with that in the real world champ.
Message 16 of 58 (147 Views)
MVP Support
8883 posts

Oct 24, 2012

johngie wrote:
Ooooh I get it now. Your word is law, isn't it?

Apparently so.

Message 17 of 58 (142 Views)
Big Daddy
16825 posts

Oct 24, 2012

my CECHE01 and CECHA01 PS3s have been running perfectly fine with the updates...... they've neved had any issues at all.

Just stop ranting dude.... I've had enough of seeing your useless drivel on the G4 news feed and now you want to pollute this forum?

get over yourself, you dont speak for everyone and not many are going to take you seriously

Furiously Chaosing
Message 18 of 58 (136 Views)
Fender Bender
3105 posts

Oct 24, 2012

yep,i have had no issues at all whatsoever until this update and i wont even do it to my other ps3,i will wait for a fix and i guess i will just have to wait and if they don't do it soon i have the legal right to do as i please with the console because sony screwed it up...

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 19 of 58 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2179 posts

Oct 24, 2012

Why should anyone else's word take precedence over mine? It's a fact the updates are quite useless and unwanted except by a few. Others just don't care and do what they're told regardless of the outcome.

G4 is full of morons too. People need to be educated.

The moral of this story is if Sony doesn't stop then the hackers are going to win and business will drop. We need a petition for no more updates.

Too many games, too little time.
Message 20 of 58 (111 Views)
0 Likes