Oct 24 2012
By: DPsx7 Uncharted Territory 2179 posts

No more updates.

57 replies 536 views Edited Oct 24, 2012

We asked nicely. We strongly encouraged it. Why must Sony keep making these mistakes? Changes were not requested or wanted. Updating is pointless, wasting our time and HDD space. Updating ruined the PSP, caused my Vita to pester me with a message EVERY DAY that I have to cancel, is hurting the PS3, and has broken the store. I hope the store update gets scrapped. I just want the PS3 to play games and use PSN, nothing else. We shouldn't be forced to DL this garbage literally every other week. It's too often and nothing of value is offered.

If you want more, go buy a PC. Your desire for this fluff doesn't outweigh my desire that this remain a gaming system. Hardware that focuses on doing one thing well rather than a ton of things half-assed. I'm part of a somewhat silent majority, it's time the updates end. Honestly that's the only reason I want the next gen to start, I certainly don't need new hardware yet. It's just nice to know that when I start a game I won't need to waste an hour for more BS.

The PS1 and PS2 didn't update and look how well they did when focused on games alone. Take the hint Sony...

Too many games, too little time.
Message 1 of 58 (536 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Re: No more updates.

Oct 24, 2012

This **bleep** update seems to have screwed with the web browser. Plug-ins aren't working.

Message 2 of 58 (525 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2609 posts

Oct 24, 2012

Ah yes, because updates are evil and such. Adding in features people requested is soo bad! Plus updates are saved somewhere else, so you never notice them taking up space. Oh glorious PC with no updates! How wonderful!

Just face it. Updates aren't going anywhere and you will just have to live with it.

Deadly Neurotoxin!
 photo rsz_1rsz_11rsz_1000px-fpsword_zps44b9ca31.png
Message 3 of 58 (522 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Oct 24, 2012

I don't mind that they update for security reasons, but I can't watch videos via the web browser. Excuse me for not having a PC, a cellphone, an ipad or some such other web browser viewing device. I use my PS3 for a lot of things, and they screwed it up for me.

Message 4 of 58 (507 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Oct 24, 2012
BAHAHAHAHA you think the next gen will do away with updates? Jesus, pull your head out of your butt.
Message 5 of 58 (505 Views)
Uncharted Territory
2179 posts

Oct 24, 2012

They'd better stop, nobody wants this junk and nearly all the time there are NO benefits, just broken or removed features. Only 'fix' the PS3 when it's broken. The browser has always been awful and just proves my point. Who doesn't have a PC these days? Use that, it works better and won't affect the PS3.

Gaming hardware was better without updates. If you don't like it, take a hike. More people say no anyway.

Message 6 of 58 (491 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Oct 24, 2012
So, can I have a link to where you are getting your facts? Where the silent majority is? Where most people say no?

I'm not going to bother ripping into any other parts of your "argument" because obvious troll is obvious, but let me say that you have no idea what you are talking about. That's a fact, not an opinion.
Message 7 of 58 (488 Views)
Splicer
56 posts

Oct 24, 2012
Well 4.25 made one of my 2 ps3's junk, worked flawless before update, now not so much. Momma always said If it ain't broken then don't fix it. So to me the update every month crap is **bleep**!!!
Message 8 of 58 (480 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2179 posts

Oct 24, 2012

What link, it's common sense. Nobody wants this crap, nobody with a clue anyway. And it's only trolling if I'm wrong so you lose on that point too.

In the end Sony needs to stop updating for the good of everyone. If Sony won't learn then their hardware is going to suffer (PSP and Vita are proof), and the hacking community will continue their work when Sony fails to give us what we want. It's not about piracy, that's a minor point. Again the PS1 and PS2 were fantastic. As soon as updates started, there goes the marketshare. Sony can't be this stupid to miss the obvious. Can they?

Message 9 of 58 (439 Views)
MVP Support
9193 posts

Oct 24, 2012

johngie wrote:
So, can I have a link to where you are getting your facts? Where the silent majority is? Where most people say no?

I'm not going to bother ripping into any other parts of your "argument" because obvious troll is obvious, but let me say that you have no idea what you are talking about. That's a fact, not an opinion.

Obviously people like to talk out of their **bleep** and spew bs like always.

Message 10 of 58 (433 Views)
0 Likes