Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Keyblade Wielder
9507 posts

Re: No more updates.

Oct 25, 2012

jamen5 wrote:

To your idea of you are in the majority turn your attention to the blog.share. Here are two links proving you are in the minority

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2010/05/03/only-massive-important-updates/

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2010/03/21/more-firmware-updates/

you definatly brought up a good point...  it shows the person who started the topic definatly does not speak for the majority of people

>

Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 58 (139 Views)
Sackboy
556 posts

Oct 26, 2012

disconnect your ps3 from the interent and live in ignorant bliss if you do not love updates or agreeing to tos

Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 58 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2167 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 26, 2012

Nothing was signed so there's nothing to force me to agree without using it anyway. It's like a do not enter sign. F that, go through if you like. It's essentially a "don't agree but use the stuff regardless' button.

Dude, read next time. Sony is CAUSING the hacks by updating. There is absolutely nothing to worry about because companies exaggerate hacking the same way those fake virus ads try to get you to buy stuff. Those who know about this stuff understand it's nothing like what Sony says. Piracy is an insignificant piece. Nor will it be a problem on PSN since servers are plentiful and usually moderated.

Thanks genius that's pretty much what I said. PS1 and PS2 weren't online and weren't updatable. But they still did better so it supports my point. Gamers don't want updates and fluff. DLC isn't that necessary. Patches shouldn't be needed if proper testing is done.

Well I was able. Too bad. Pssh, don't own and can't modify... Yeah right, says who? Lol. Technically the problem here is I DON'T want to modify anything, once again Sony is doing wrong. Nin is smarter about updates. They're rare and aren't required. I can use my platforms just fine.

Oh I'm the majority. I don't think those old links with so few votes really represent the userbase. You've nothing better?

Too many games, too little time.
Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 58 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3055 posts

Oct 26, 2012

yea i feel the exact same way you do about it....like anybody can do jack anyway..people need to get over themselves thinking they can enforce some hogwash TOS that don't mean jack...

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 58 (115 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4970 posts

Oct 26, 2012

kythunder wrote:

yea i feel the exact same way you do about it....like anybody can do jack anyway..people need to get over themselves thinking they can enforce some hogwash TOS that don't mean jack...

TOS does mean something. If it didn't ;it wouldn't be there in the first place.

Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 58 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1388 posts

Oct 26, 2012

kythunder wrote:

You called it hogwash yet are still using the service LOL

Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 58 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9507 posts

Oct 26, 2012

DPsx7 wrote:

Nothing was signed so there's nothing to force me to agree without using it anyway. It's like a do not enter sign. F that, go through if you like. It's essentially a "don't agree but use the stuff regardless' button.

Dude, read next time. Sony is CAUSING the hacks by updating. There is absolutely nothing to worry about because companies exaggerate hacking the same way those fake virus ads try to get you to buy stuff. Those who know about this stuff understand it's nothing like what Sony says. Piracy is an insignificant piece. Nor will it be a problem on PSN since servers are plentiful and usually moderated.

Thanks genius that's pretty much what I said. PS1 and PS2 weren't online and weren't updatable. But they still did better so it supports my point. Gamers don't want updates and fluff. DLC isn't that necessary. Patches shouldn't be needed if proper testing is done.

Well I was able. Too bad. Pssh, don't own and can't modify... Yeah right, says who? Lol. Technically the problem here is I DON'T want to modify anything, once again Sony is doing wrong. Nin is smarter about updates. They're rare and aren't required. I can use my platforms just fine.

Oh I'm the majority. I don't think those old links with so few votes really represent the userbase. You've nothing better?

your wrong about everything..  first off yes the ps1 and ps2 were not online however i bet 100% for sure that if they were there would of been updates.. 

and yes updates on the wii, 3ds and ds is required... you know why? some games wont run if the console was not at a certain firmware version

and im sorry, maye most of the people you know may agree with you but that doesnt mean yiou know the majority of people, you keep saying you are3 the majority but you lack proof..  and besides the world is a big place, and there are alot of ps3s out there, so i really doubt you know enough ps3 users to considewr that you are the majority..  

look that is all im going to say about the subject, other than you need to stop beating a dead horse..  updates are going to stay as a big part of the ps3 and even future consoles..if you dont like it , well no one is forcing you to continue buying sony's products, but if you do then you need to accept both whats good or bad about the system

>

Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 58 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4375 posts

Oct 26, 2012

DPsx7 wrote:

Ha Ha Ha.  Oh this guy is a riot..  He's so delusional, he actually thinks he is right.

Let's make some corrections here shall we.

- First, there is no "silent majority" that doesn't want updates.  In fact there is no majority at all.  And I defy the OP to prove otherwise.  The real majority of the millions of PS3 owners out there are actually indifferent to the concept of updates.

They just play their COD and trash talk on line.  And for all but a small percentage of incidents, the update goes off with out a hitch.  So these people do the update, get back on line, and go back to their death matches happy as a clam.  They don't care about the update.  Most people don't even know what 50% of the features on the XMB are.  Let alone when they have been moved.

So on this point, DPsx7, you fail.

- Second, it is a matter of historical fact as to why the PSP was not as successful as it could have been.  It has been documented in gaming journalistic circles at nausea, and no where has "updates" been listed as a reason.  lol.

The reason the PSP had trouble was a high initial price of $250.  More expansive than the PS2 at the time.

The use of the UMD.  Adding to load times and draining battery life.

The short battery life compared to other hand helds of the time.

And the lack of Third party developer support.

- Third, same goes for the Vita.  Gaming journalists have opined on why the Vita is floundering, and no one has cited FW updates as a reason.

The reasons the Vita is in trouble is because Sony didn't learn from the PSP.

Too Expensive.

Overpriced Proprietary memory cards.

Little Triple A games available.

-And finally You do have every right to do whatever you want with your PS3.  But just to play Devil's advocate, I will use the same argument that was applied to the removal of Linux support.

You didn't have to update DPsx7.  You could have left your PS3 at 4.25.  You wouldn't have had access to the PSN, but you have to agree to the TOS to access that.  You're PS3 still would have been yours to do with as you please.  Think about that one.

DPsx7.  You are a joke.  You're a very amusing joke, but a joke none the less.  You state opinions as if they are facts.  You're arguments have no weight or substance.  Yet you believe them and yourself to be infallible.  You belittle those who call your opinions into question, yet you offer no actual proof to substantiate your claims.

You are simply an entertaining distraction, like a drunk uncle, or a court fool.  Laughed at, and then quickly dismissed.

Be One With The Game.

Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 58 (83 Views)