Highlighted
Sep 09 2011
By: ToaNuva Splicer 91 posts

No charge when online?

4 replies 13 views Edited Sep 9, 2011

I know that no psp charges when online but why?

http://bfbcs.com/stats_ps3/ToaNuva
ToaNuva Trophy Card
Message 1 of 5 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Re: No charge when online?

Sep 10, 2011

ToaNuva wrote:

By charge do you mean pay to use wifi access?

That is not strictly true, wifi access points are paid for by whoever has the internet point that the wifi is connected to. Some of those people will lock there system down so that noone can gain access, some will charge for you to have access and some kind people will leave it open (either deliberately or because they are unaware of the security risks).

Some places may require you to ask for log in details and therefore they can be pretty much assured that you ask giving them money in other ways (buying a coffee or burger or something). Others require you to aleast access a homepage that requires you to agree to terms and conditions before you continue. AT&T wifi spots require you to have some form of agreement with them where you pay them a fee.

Or do you mean PSN charges because unlike another well known company that charges you a monthly fee to access there network, Sony do not?

This is just a choice Sony made and it seems to be working for them, they recover the cost in other ways, for example a game company is charged per GB of their software that is downloaded by customers, that is probably why you do not see that many free demos on the PSN Store.

Or do you mean that the battery does not charge when connected to online?

If so then you have a problem because everyone I know of does not have this problem

Message 2 of 5 (13 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1362 posts

Sep 10, 2011

CaptainHuggyface wrote:

ToaNuva wrote:

By charge do you mean pay to use wifi access?

That is not strictly true, wifi access points are paid for by whoever has the internet point that the wifi is connected to. Some of those people will lock there system down so that noone can gain access, some will charge for you to have access and some kind people will leave it open (either deliberately or because they are unaware of the security risks).

Some places may require you to ask for log in details and therefore they can be pretty much assured that you ask giving them money in other ways (buying a coffee or burger or something). Others require you to aleast access a homepage that requires you to agree to terms and conditions before you continue. AT&T wifi spots require you to have some form of agreement with them where you pay them a fee.

Or do you mean PSN charges because unlike another well known company that charges you a monthly fee to access there network, Sony do not?

This is just a choice Sony made and it seems to be working for them, they recover the cost in other ways, for example a game company is charged per GB of their software that is downloaded by customers, that is probably why you do not see that many free demos on the PSN Store.

Or do you mean that the battery does not charge when connected to online?

If so then you have a problem because everyone I know of does not have this problem

Yes my school got a complete wifi system hooked up last year and in order to use it you have to log in through a Novell screen and basically it blocks everything that would be blocked on one of their computers.  This ALSO gives them the ability to look at your viewing history, and it's slow as hell.  To compound problems, apple products don't even work with it, and since everyone has at least some form of iPod or iPad (except me, Zune HD ftw) or whatever, people get pissed.  Instead I use my phone as a hotspot.  That way I can do whatever the hell I want.

But if you are referring to the actual battery charge, then yes, your battery is having problems.  I would get that replaced.

Message 3 of 5 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
91 posts

Sep 13, 2011

my bad i meant battery charge.

http://bfbcs.com/stats_ps3/ToaNuva
ToaNuva Trophy Card
Message 4 of 5 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Sep 13, 2011

ToaNuva wrote:

my bad i meant battery charge.

Well then you do have a problem, there is no reason why a PSP will not charge unless you are trying to charge using a USB ports power rather than the power supply.

To charge from a USB port the PSP has to be in USB mode, and the PSP can not be in USB mode and do anything else other than be external storage.

Message 5 of 5 (13 Views)
0 Likes