Gaming Beast
2116 posts

Re: No backwards compatibility NO PS4

Mar 31, 2013

Modern electronics has forced it upon us. I think it is a plot to make us buy what we depend on. Lots of money for them. Help me someone.

Message 31 of 318 (289 Views)
Last Guardian
11299 posts

Mar 31, 2013

fantasyplayer wrote:

Hi papa. You know sony did kind of set that standard with the ps2 and begining of ps3. Then they canned that idea. They would have been better off if they had never started it. But they did. You said the key thing in the beginning of your ststement. Thousands of people complaining across the internet. That is not counting the people that are not on internet that are thinking the same way. This could turn out real ugly for ps4 if you add thousands plus thousands. The vita went through it. Now if ps4 goes through it next year sony might fill the pains of there decisions. Hope not. But we will find out soon enough.

Happy Gaming.

It would have been better for everyone if they had not started it, but they did. However the difference between BC with the PS 2 and the PS 3 are worlds apart from my understanding. It was quite easy to set up emulation on the PS 2 with PS 1 games. Granted I'm no tech genius, but from what I recall the PS 2 emulation in the PS 3 was a combination of software, plus hardware. I don't know how the PS 2 emulated PS 1 games. To accurately play PS 3 games via disc on the PS 4 would required hardware additions that would likely seriously drive up the price of the PS 4.

Sony's acquisition of Gaikai (Gakkai?) will allow for software emulation of all three previous systems, so while from a technical point there will be no hard copy backwards compatibility, there will be software emulation backwards compatibility.

Sadly that distinction is lost on many people who are looking for a reason to complain. Heck for all I know they don't need a reason to gripe, they're just picking any topic to do so with.

Just my opinion though.

Message 32 of 318 (283 Views)
VP of Gaming
29187 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 31, 2013

fantasyplayer wrote:

Modern electronics has forced it upon us. I think it is a plot to make us buy what we depend on. Lots of money for them. Help me someone.

You have the option not to buy it. Heck, I still buy vinyl records. Like I keep saying, you choose video games because this is the one medium that ask very little of the user, and provides instant gratification. If you're that unhappy then find another entertainment medium.

Message 33 of 318 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2116 posts

Mar 31, 2013

I do not know. After a while it is like a drug. You have to have it or it eats at you.

Message 34 of 318 (277 Views)
Last Guardian
11299 posts

Mar 31, 2013

fantasyplayer wrote:

OK. Now we are talking a 4 to 500 dollar console and a 1000 dollar intertanement center to put it on. 1500 dollars to play a ps4 game. I do not think so. You people must not live on my budget.

This is what I use in my living room to store my PS 3 and games. PS 3 on top, plenty of room for 2 more consoles (I know, I had the Wii plus 360 up there at one point before I traded in the 360). My TV is on the wall. I have another slim Entertainment center bookcase type thing under my TV with plenty of room on it for things. I haven't spent more than 200$ for both items combined. While a $1000 Entertainment Center is probably a whole heck of lot nicer than what I'm using, I prefer to be more economical about my purchases.

It's all about how you use your space effectively, rather than how much you spend to make more room for what you have.

bookcase

Message 35 of 318 (271 Views)
Gaming Beast
2116 posts

Mar 31, 2013

That is why we all have games sitting around we have not played and will buy more before we play them. We just have to for some reason.

Message 36 of 318 (270 Views)
Splicer
46 posts

Mar 31, 2013

Yeah, fell for that once. Not again. If it's not backward compatible, I won't be buying one. 

Message 37 of 318 (269 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1392 posts

Mar 31, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

xChrisGTRx wrote:
LMFAO wow have people really gotten this lazy? i can't believe it ... why the hell do anything in life then by that logic it requires to much work ... i mean getting out of bed then you have to brush your teeth all the while making sure you don't get toothpaste on your chin oh and don't forget you were probably half naked so now you have to shower , change underwear (or not i don't judge) put on a shirt one hand at a time then you got to put on your pant's one leg at a time and wow and don't forget putting on your socks oh god now you have to make sure your socks get on the right feet after that you have to walk to your playstation sit down and THEN press the button to turn it on grab your remote make sure your tv is on.... full day right there life is hard right?

Any other period in history a lot of them would have starved to death a long time ago.

lol i really want to believe he was just kidding.... if all that is hard work to him i got some bad news 

Message 38 of 318 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11299 posts

Mar 31, 2013

DanSD wrote:

People have already spent hundreds/thousands on their current entertainment center.

I am not trying to be rude, but if you've already spent hundreds or thousands on an entertainment center, then you shouldn't be worrying about shelf space.

I have bookcases in my garage for Books and stuff. It's all in how you utilize your space, rather than having to buy something bigger when it's not really warrented or necessary.

Message 39 of 318 (268 Views)
MVP Support
13655 posts

Mar 31, 2013

dbvirago wrote:

Yeah, fell for that once. Not again. If it's not backward compatible, I won't be buying one. 

Have fun with your PS3. 4 more years and no more support.

And when games come out for PS4 only, what then? They're not going to add B/C in a future model (because they always do a "Slim" model, and adding B/C would require MORE components, not less)

Guess you're not getting a PS5 either when that comes out, since that probably won't play PS4 games.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 40 of 318 (286 Views)