Reply
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/19/2005
Offline
228 posts
 

Re: No backwards compatibility NO PS4

Jul 3, 2013

ExMimic wrote:

Do you seriously believe that? Developers are loving the PS4. They will continue to make games for the PS3, but they will shifting focus to the PS4. 

 

Adding BC to the PS4 would have greatly increased it's price. Sony would have lost more sales from a price increase than BC.


It's how I feel. And I know developers will stop developing for consoles if it doesn't sell. I do remember the Sega Saturn. That was a disaster, a console launched to early before anyone had a chance to release software for it.

 

No I do not think the PS4 will be a repeat of the Saturn. But I don't expect a huge successful launch. 

 

Give me a compelling reason to move to the nextgen of consoles. Can you give a compelling reason for non gamers (those who use their current console for Netflix, Blu-ray, Hulu, etc) to upgrade? 

 

 

Message 311 of 318 (188 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 08/09/2009
Offline
522 posts
 

Re: No backwards compatibility NO PS4

Jul 3, 2013

MeStinkBAD wrote:

It's how I feel. 


You are wrong

Message 312 of 318 (185 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 02/13/2013
Offline
464 posts
 

Re: No backwards compatibility NO PS4

Jul 3, 2013

MeStinkBAD wrote:

ExMimic wrote:

Do you seriously believe that? Developers are loving the PS4. They will continue to make games for the PS3, but they will shifting focus to the PS4. 

 

Adding BC to the PS4 would have greatly increased it's price. Sony would have lost more sales from a price increase than BC.


It's how I feel. And I know developers will stop developing for consoles if it doesn't sell. I do remember the Sega Saturn. That was a disaster, a console launched to early before anyone had a chance to release software for it.

 

No I do not think the PS4 will be a repeat of the Saturn. But I don't expect a huge successful launch. 

 

Give me a compelling reason to move to the nextgen of consoles. Can you give a compelling reason for non gamers (those who use their current console for Netflix, Blu-ray, Hulu, etc) to upgrade? 

 

 


I think it is already a successful launch what with pre orders selling out and Sony recently upping the limit for pre orders at Gamestop. I mean if you sell out your inventory at launch isn't that a success? 

 photo giphydgd.gif
"Hey look a PS4 for sale! Quick someone get it before it's sold!!"
Message 313 of 318 (179 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 04/12/2006
Online
5187 posts
 

Re: No backwards compatibility NO PS4

Jul 3, 2013

MeStinkBAD wrote:

ExMimic wrote:

Do you seriously believe that? Developers are loving the PS4. They will continue to make games for the PS3, but they will shifting focus to the PS4. 

 

Adding BC to the PS4 would have greatly increased it's price. Sony would have lost more sales from a price increase than BC.


It's how I feel. And I know developers will stop developing for consoles if it doesn't sell. I do remember the Sega Saturn. That was a disaster, a console launched to early before anyone had a chance to release software for it.

 

No I do not think the PS4 will be a repeat of the Saturn. But I don't expect a huge successful launch. 

 

Give me a compelling reason to move to the nextgen of consoles. Can you give a compelling reason for non gamers (those who use their current console for Netflix, Blu-ray, Hulu, etc) to upgrade? 

 

 


Have you not seen the news about preorders?? The PS4 and Xbox One broke all preorder records on Amazon. Gamestop sold out in one day. This launch will be huge.

 

The PS4 is a GAME console. Why would we need to convince non gamers to buy it??

Consumer Services and Technical Support 1-800-345-7669
Mon - Fri, 8:00AM - 8:00PM PST

Live Chat
I don't work for Sony. Just a gamer helping others.
Message 314 of 318 (172 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/19/2005
Offline
228 posts
 

Re: No backwards compatibility NO PS4

[ Edited ]
Jul 3, 2013

No I have not heard about this news on the preorders. Please direct me to it.

 

I know a number of people with 360s and PS3s who use the console primarily for non-gaming. Like NFL-Sunday-Ticket and the afore mentioned apps.

 

This will be the first console launches since 2001 with no backwords compatibility and the first Playstation ever (except the PSX and PSP) to launch without it either. 

 

I have a 60GB unit. Sony was loosing $300 per unit. But they made their money back. Besides they don't need hardware. They just need an easy way to port existing PS3 games to the PS4 and offer them thru PSN. I can see them doing that, though not for free but that's alright.

Message 315 of 318 (167 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 04/12/2006
Online
5187 posts
 

Re: No backwards compatibility NO PS4

Jul 3, 2013

There are cheaper options then a gaming console for Netflix, Hulu, etc.

 

Google "PS4 preorders" and you should find the articles. 

Consumer Services and Technical Support 1-800-345-7669
Mon - Fri, 8:00AM - 8:00PM PST

Live Chat
I don't work for Sony. Just a gamer helping others.
Message 316 of 318 (155 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
Registered: 08/09/2009
Offline
522 posts
 

Re: No backwards compatibility NO PS4

Jul 3, 2013

PS4 Launch Edition $399.99 systems sold out on Amazon within 24 hours after the PS4 price was announced at E3 = The PS4 launch will be a great success 

Message 317 of 318 (152 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 03/31/2013
Offline
2 posts
 

Re: No backwards compatibility NO PS4

Apr 17, 2014
You sound like a horder, should probably seek help for that. TV receiver, blue ray player, xbox 360, ps3 and a ps4, can we say clutter **bleep**?
Message 318 of 318 (63 Views)
Reply
0 Likes