Hekseville Citizen
382 posts

Re: No backwards compatibility NO PS4

Jun 24, 2013

I feel the same, I'm not saying that I'll never buy the PS4 BUT I'll wait till I'm completely done with my actual and upcoming PS3 games, I don't want 2 consoles, I don't have space for them, I don't want to have 8 controllers (plus Move) in my living room. I'm willing to pay $50-$100 for a "premium" version of the PS4 that includes Backwards Compatibility. Also my PS3 is on it's last leg so it would be awesome to just be able to upgrade to a PS4.

If there's not a B/C PS4 then I'll probably get a new console in 2 years (I have always bought my consoles in less than 6 months since they're released) and since I'll have to start from scratch I'll also look at competitor's consoles and see at that point which offers me more, so if I have to loose all my games then there's 1 less reason (and a big one) to be attached to Sony.

Message 251 of 318 (157 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2599 posts

Jun 24, 2013

Too bad for you then OP.

The reason PS4 will not be B/C is because it will require special chips that will bump the price up at least by $150.

That was the biggest reason the PS3 even got a price drop when the slims released, because the slims removed the emotion engine chip for PS2 games, which, was around $100+ per chip to produce.

Message 252 of 318 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
78 posts

Jun 25, 2013
Just keep your PS3?

idk about you guys but I get next gen to play next gen. Yes, I understand that it would make your game library that you paid for with your hard earned money worthless. But it doesn't have to if you keep your PS3 to play old games, and get a PS4 to play next gen games. And if $400 to play next gen games is too much for you, then I'm not sure why you're here instead of out there trying to get a better career.
Message 253 of 318 (140 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
12497 posts

Jun 25, 2013
So don't buy one ya bumb. Why the hell would you buy a new console just to play your old games? I hope sony never listens to babies like you
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Message 254 of 318 (131 Views)
PlayStation MVP
27164 posts

Jun 25, 2013

shotgunn_surgeon wrote:
Just keep your PS3?

idk about you guys but I get next gen to play next gen. Yes, I understand that it would make your game library that you paid for with your hard earned money worthless. But it doesn't have to if you keep your PS3 to play old games, and get a PS4 to play next gen games. And if $400 to play next gen games is too much for you, then I'm not sure why you're here instead of out there trying to get a better career.

Ever take a toy away from a child? What do they do? They kick and scream until they get it back, and then quickly cast it aside. It's the same thing. The only reason why it's a big deal is because they're being told they can't have it. I don't buy this whole "it's more convenient" argument, and the whole neo-minimalizm that many purport, especially after YEARS of living lives of excess.

Message 255 of 318 (131 Views)
Splicer
41 posts

Jun 25, 2013

I can see people's fustration with that.

Luckily I never bought many games for my Ps3 and it set idle, most i play on PC or 360, so when I get the PS4, It won't affect me much.

I don't plan on getting an Xbox one right away. We do want it for the living room to take advantage of media features. We have windows 8 pc's, laptop, and phones, so the integration is nice for the media aspect, but for gaming, we both play Final Fnatasy XIV, and that made the choice for us.

Well and Destiney, got to support Bungie on this one.

Message 256 of 318 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1388 posts

Jun 25, 2013
feel sorry for you then OP ill be getting my ps4 and still playing on my ps3 not worrying about B/C
Message 257 of 318 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
41 posts

Jun 25, 2013

I guess Gakai was already mentioend for game streaming via cloud, which with todays connections and datacenters works well.

It's good Gakai will grow from it.

Message 258 of 318 (112 Views)
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
98 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 25, 2013

God I wish this stupid complaining would just stop. BC has hardly ever been offered with consoles since the beginning. Yet people think its some God given right they should have now. Get over it whiners.

Message 259 of 318 (97 Views)
PlayStation MVP
2599 posts

Jun 25, 2013

Beckerjr wrote:

God I wish this stupid complaining would just stop. BC has hardly ever been offered with consoles since the beginning. Yet people think its some God given right they should have now. Get over it whiners.

Exactly. 

Message 260 of 318 (145 Views)
0 Likes