Highlighted
Jul 21 2010
By: gettinmoney662 I Only Post Everything 1038 posts

No, You Do Not Have The Right To Complain...

37 replies 36 views Edited Jul 21, 2010

...this is for all the people that come in here and proudly claim, "We paid for it so we can complain all we want!"

No, no you can't, and this is why:

On June 16th, Sony posted this entry on their blog: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/06/16/playstation-plus-coming-soon/.  They then followed it up with another post on June 24th with this entry: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/06/24/playstation-plus-your-questions-answered/.  These posts were both uploaded far before PSN+ was available.

In the first post, Sony says that signing up for Plus will get you free games and DLC, discounts on PSN items, early invitations to betas, free episodes of Qore, and Full Game trials.  They then detail what you will get for the first month: Wipeout HD, the full game trial of inFamous, two minis (Field Runners and Age of Zombies), a PS1 classic (Rally Cross), and premium avatars, themes, and DLC.  They also mention the Automatic Download service.

In the second entry, Sony goes into more detail and also mentions that members will be included in betas and demos before everyone else WHENEVER POSSIBLE.  They also go into more detail on everything you are getting with the membership.

So far this month, they have delivered on everything they have promised.  We got Wipeout HD, we got the two minis, we got Rally Cross, we got avatars, we got Qore, we got discounts, we got themes, we got the trial of inFamous, we got DLC, and we got early access to the Kane and Lynch 2 demo.

If you subscribed to PSN+ because you just thought they would be giving you other stuff besides what they promised, that is your fault, not Sony's.  If you didn't read those blog posts or anything else about PSN+ and decided to subscribe anyways, that is your fault, not Sony's.

Do you complain to your landlord when he won't let you have your dog even though he explicitly stated in the lease agreement (that you didn't feel like reading) that you can't have pets?  No, you do not and you do not have the right to do so.  Do you complain when you subscribe to a magazine and don't get any extra bonuses besides the magazines when they promised no extra bonuses?  No, you do not and you do not have the right to do so.

The only viable things you can complain about are the Automatic Download service (since it works differently than how they implied it would) and maybe the DLC issue (since they said it's free forever and it looks like it might expire when the subscription lapses although no one knows this for sure).  You do not get to complain about what they discount on or offer as free DLC because they never promised that you would be satisfied with every discount.

The moral of the story is: you do not have the right to complain about something just because you paid money for it.

Message 1 of 38 (36 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5113 posts

Re: No, You Do Not Have The Right To Complain...

Jul 21, 2010

AMEN BROTHER

and kudos - ive been saying something like this just not so elegantly

Message 2 of 38 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
185 posts

Jul 21, 2010

Sorry Buddy!

But when I spend my hard earn money on something that turns out to be crap no matter how much convincing you have to do about "me knowing first hand before spending it", I have every right to complain. It is my frigging money, so yea I will complain. If you are happy than why the F*** are you going around proving your point to all those who are not.

Sit back and enjoy the crap that you were given even though you are happy with it. On the other hand, I am not happy albeit knowingly beforehand that I probably would not get out of it all that I originally planned to. The Qore is Great ad I would have paid for it and even more if I had not subscrivbed to Plus. So yea, I will complain that not one RPG item is available to us Plus Members and will continue to do so until I see something there worth my while. heck if Sony would offer to give us our money back you would not see a flood of complainers on these boards. They are not, so I am complaining.

You are no doubt Happy, so I have no frigging idea why you are stirring up the pot unless you want to up your post count?

In ending I must say that this evening's update no matter how small did have some interesting stuff like the Heavy Rain Avatar and the quciker kate and Lynch 2 demo DL. Maybe and hopefully as we move forward my opinion will change?

Come on gang, Why am I alone here fighting this battle? Especially against this "anti-complainer disturber"???

Photobucket
Message 3 of 38 (36 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1038 posts

Jul 21, 2010

radic202 wrote:

Come on gang, Why am I alone here fighting this battle? Especially against this "anti-complainer disturber"???

You should take the hint.  I'm the most Kudoed poster in this forum, obviously people support what I have to say.

Message 4 of 38 (36 Views)
Wastelander
787 posts

Jul 21, 2010
Message 5 of 38 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5113 posts

Jul 21, 2010

radic202 wrote:

Sorry Buddy!

But when I spend my hard earn money on something that turns out to be crap no matter how much convincing you have to do about "me knowing first hand before spending it", I have every right to complain. It is my frigging money, so yea I will complain. If you are happy than why the F*** are you going around proving your point to all those who are not.

Sit back and enjoy the crap that you were given even though you are happy with it. On the other hand, I am not happy albeit knowingly beforehand that I probably would not get out of it all that I originally planned to. The Qore is Great ad I would have paid for it and even more if I had not subscrivbed to Plus. So yea, I will complain that not one RPG item is available to us Plus Members and will continue to do so until I see something there worth my while. heck if Sony would offer to give us our money back you would not see a flood of complainers on these boards. They are not, so I am complaining.

You are no doubt Happy, so I have no frigging idea why you are stirring up the pot unless you want to up your post count?

In ending I must say that this evening's update no matter how small did have some interesting stuff like the Heavy Rain Avatar and the quciker kate and Lynch 2 demo DL. Maybe and hopefully as we move forward my opinion will change?

ok i am sorry - i have been trying not to flame - been wanting to ask this every time i see you post- but didnt want to get seen as a flamer   BUT HOW THE HELL DID YOU GET POSTER OF THE WEEK??????

Message 6 of 38 (36 Views)
Lombax Warrior
185 posts

Jul 21, 2010

jpbslayer wrote:

radic202 wrote:

Sorry Buddy!

ok i am sorry - i have been trying not to flame - been wanting to ask this every time i see you post- but didnt want to get seen as a flamer   BUT HOW THE HELL DID YOU GET POSTER OF THE WEEK??????

Good Question!  As I have no idea either it just appeared one day for one reason or another.  Because I am not happy about the PSN Plus Purchase I made does NOT make me a BAD person, nor does it make me less of a gamer than anyone else.  I absolutely love my PS3 and PS-P Go, I also run a Gaming site and I am probably much older then the majority of Members registered here.  I do not ask for any favoratism or anything like that, I only ask to be part of this awesome communtiy and be allowed to voice my opinion.  It is as plain and simple as that.  So if everyone loves to jump on me for complaining about it, than so be it!

Photobucket
Message 7 of 38 (36 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1038 posts

Jul 21, 2010

radic202 wrote:

Because I am not happy about the PSN Plus Purchase I made does NOT make me a BAD person, nor does it make me less of a gamer than anyone else.  

No one ever said anything like that about any one who complains about PSN+.

Message 8 of 38 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Jul 21, 2010

I totaly agree to what your saying, complainers piss me off so much, 30 dollars worth of content for 18 dollars and playstation plus exclusives, im loveing this man

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I love my PS3... plus made it better
Message 9 of 38 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5113 posts

Jul 21, 2010

radic202 wrote:

jpbslayer wrote:

radic202 wrote:

Sorry Buddy!

Good Question!  As I have no idea either it just appeared one day for one reason or another.  Because I am not happy about the PSN Plus Purchase I made does NOT make me a BAD person, nor does it make me less of a gamer than anyone else.  I absolutely love my PS3 and PS-P Go, I laso run a Gaming site and I am probably much older then the majority of Members registered here.  I do not ask for any favoratism or anything like that, I only ask to be part of this awesome communtiy and be allowed to voice my opinion.  It is as plain and simple as that.  So if everyone loves to jump onme for complaining about it, than so be it!

lol great reply - and i dont think your a bad person - i just hppen to agree about sony telling us what we were getting ahead of time - but that is my opinnion - i can see complaining in a month or two - it just frustrates ME that so many are quick to jump all over plus and not just give it time - i mean i understand constructive critisism but so many people are just bashing - mainly for the purpose of bashing (IMHO). When they should offer up suggestions - tell Sony what they want in a positive light - not the plus sucks format that alot use.but hey that just my oppionion

p.s. on a side note read your post about the doctors visit - probaly one of the best posts i seen in these blogs   forums.

also i was really hopeing for cloud saves - and stil hoping for them - so i am posting them in suggestion threads plus pm'n people to see what can happen - not knocking sony over the head for not including

Message 10 of 38 (36 Views)
0 Likes