PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Re: No RPG's = failure

Apr 27, 2012

mastorofpuppetz wrote:

If sony were smart, which they obviously are not, they never listened to the entire industry telling them that expensive mem cards = bad, they should have planned multiple titles being designed several years before vita launched.

They didn't really have a chance to listen to anyone about the memory cards, because they kept mum on the details until just before launch.

As far as planning titles several years before launch, I think that would be a bit hard to do since I think the Vita specs were finalized probably about a year ago. The easiest thing to do (development wise) is to port PS3 titles, to build up the library. I think we will have a better idea what the Vita can do when the Fall/Holiday titles launch...

Message 11 of 16 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2362 posts

Apr 27, 2012

Logical dolphin you are so full of ti,t here was an uproar over the price of memory cards MONTHS before launch, and then in japan, yet they did nothing knowing full well the NA market would not go for over priced memory cards. the price was kown for months. And not only that its OBVIOUS, for years people have told Sony propritary memory crads, and tech is NOT the way to go.

Message 12 of 16 (24 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6838 posts

Apr 27, 2012

Yeah, I think they knew people wouldn't be happy but they didn't do much to fix that.  I do think that's why they bundled the 3G Vita with the 8GB card.  I wasn't going to get a 3G originally, but with that and the "free" game, it looked like a good deal to me.

Message 13 of 16 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
623 posts

Apr 27, 2012

JERM7 wrote:

Yeah, I think they knew people wouldn't be happy but they didn't do much to fix that.  I do think that's why they bundled the 3G Vita with the 8GB card.  I wasn't going to get a 3G originally, but with that and the "free" game, it looked like a good deal to me.

hasn't already been established that the 3G bundle promo was from AT&T, not sony, as an incentive to A get the 3G model, and B to activate the 3G through AT&T?

"When you look in the mirror, what do you see? Do you see the real you, or what you have been conditioned to believe is you? The two are so, so different. One is an infinite consciousness capable of being and creating whatever it chooses, the other is an illusion imprisoned by its own perceived and programmed limitations."
David Icke
Message 14 of 16 (24 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Apr 27, 2012

Here's some of the RPG'S I'd like to see:

Morrowind HD with spoken dialog and added trophy support.

Borderlands

Fallout

The Elder Scrolls game that never made it to the PSP due to the systems limitations.

Dragonball Online.

Kingdoms of Amaular: Reckoning

Message 15 of 16 (24 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Apr 27, 2012

mastorofpuppetz wrote:

Logical dolphin you are so full of ti,t here was an uproar over the price of memory cards MONTHS before launch, and then in japan, yet they did nothing knowing full well the NA market would not go for over priced memory cards. the price was kown for months. And not only that its OBVIOUS, for years people have told Sony propritary memory crads, and tech is NOT the way to go.

I know at E3 last year Sony showed off the memory cards in a display and didn't give any real details of the propritary nature and price for months, when they easily could have. The US branch was as sensitive as they could be the pricing issue and the price on many of the sizes was lower than the estimates GameStop listed on its website, but I suspect the US branch had very little flexibility on this issue...

Message 16 of 16 (24 Views)
0 Likes