Feb 22 2012
By: Ming_Dragon Wastelander 842 posts

Ninja Gaiden- Annoying Touchscreen Issue.

10 replies 91 views Edited Feb 22, 2012

Really Sony? Really Team Ninja?

Has anyone actually played Ninja Gaiden sigma Plus yet? Because its almost impossible to.

Now we all know the analog sticks are pretty close to the touch screen, but thats not really an isue for games.

Except Ninja Gaiden

I constantly put Ryu in 1st person mode (acessed by tapping the screen) just from the heat of my thumbs being near the screen. I also have large hands so my thumb taps the touch screen numerous amounts of times.

So, none of this would be a problem if I could disable touch screen features, but you cant.

How the heck did the developers not notice this ridiculously large issue?

I can't even play because I go into first person mode about every 3-5 seconds, and get killed by enemy ninjas because I cant fight back while in the 1st person view.

Seriously Team Ninja? Seriously Sony? Make disable touchscreen an option, or this game is just almost unplayable. (Or at least be able to map first person perspective to a button on the vita.)

My discussion is, does anyone else have Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus? Is this a problem affecting you? Thoughts?

Message 1 of 11 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
922 posts

Re: Ninja Gaiden- There is a fine line between hard and annoying.

Feb 22, 2012

huh? it's not that hard. It might just be that I'm used to the game after playing it on Xbox and PS3.

The touch screen portion is annoying at first but just try to keep your fingers away from the screen.

Message 2 of 11 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
842 posts

Re: Ninja Gaiden- There is a fine line between hard and annoying.

Feb 22, 2012

The post isnt about the game being hard. Perhaps I labeled the title poorly.

The post is about a touchscreen issue affecting the game, that should have been adressed.

I re-named the title to depict the post more accurately.

Message 3 of 11 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1700 posts

Re: Ninja Gaiden- Annoying Touchscreen Issue.

Feb 22, 2012

Is there an option in settings to turn that off?

Message 4 of 11 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
842 posts

Feb 22, 2012

Nope. I looked under everything. You can't turn it off and you cant map it to a button instead.

Message 5 of 11 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
922 posts

Feb 22, 2012

The touch screen in general is too sensitive. I have more issues with what you're describing in Ninja Gaiden in FIFA. I could be running down field with the ball past all the defenders and the touch screen will register a kick when i didnt even touch it and all of a sudden my character kicks the ball out of bounds -_-...

Message 6 of 11 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
842 posts

Feb 22, 2012

Ugh that sucks

Yeah, I appreciate the sensitive touch screen, but they need to make an option to disable it when necessary, or on certain games to maybe (this probably will never happen) register only a certain potion of the screen to work with touch. (I can dream, cant I?- not even sure if its possible to do.)

Message 7 of 11 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
922 posts

Feb 22, 2012

In some games the touch screen and rear touch pad are great, but in others they're just in the way.

Message 8 of 11 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
842 posts

Feb 22, 2012
Message 9 of 11 (91 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Mar 27, 2012

i know that feel.
Super Stardust Delta - i cant hold the Vita without having to spread my fingers across the back touchscreen, which creates a problem when i go to move my hand. any movement will trigger the ulti blackhole attack, which cannot be remapped, because youre supposed to aim it with the rear touchscreen. SIGH. slimmer isnt always better, Sony, especially considering we arent all 12yearold children with tiny hands. beef up the thickness of the PSV, and jam a larger, longer lasting battery in that once youre done.

Message 10 of 11 (91 Views)
0 Likes