PlayStation MVP
11670 posts

Re: Next game to play on your console

Apr 3, 2013

PapaWarlock wrote:

mochuuu wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

Im going to try my free Bioshock2 from the PS+ thing now that I beat GOW: Ascension

I thought BioShock 2 was really good. The story pulled me through same as it did with BioShock 1 and what seems to be the case so far with Infinite. 

Just finished one round of Infinite, played on normal. Working on 1999 mode. Got to tell you the ending of Infinite tossed me for a massive loop. Awesome.

Oh my god, that endiing. Something went wrong and I didn't get the trophies for the last quarter of the game, including the ending, so I played through that end sequence again less than a day after beating it, and for some reason I found it even better the second time. So good. But my hands-down favorite moment is your arrival at Columbia.

"Five thousand...ten thousand...fifteen thousand...Hallelujah." I get shivers everytime.

R.I.P. Off-Topic.                  "Eerrrm."   -BRIT-KO, on the topic of 'johngie'.
04/09/2014 - Never Forget

Message 11 of 29 (441 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9541 posts

Apr 3, 2013

Starhawk!

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Message 12 of 29 (401 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
106 posts

Apr 3, 2013

i want to play all of the splintercell series so i can go right into the new one in august

Message 13 of 29 (346 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
49846 posts

Apr 3, 2013

mochuuu wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

Im going to try my free Bioshock2 from the PS+ thing now that I beat GOW: Ascension

I thought BioShock 2 was really good. The story pulled me through same as it did with BioShock 1 and what seems to be the case so far with Infinite. 

Once I'm done with Infinite though, I'm going to go back to Skyrim. Since some of the DLC came to PS3, I've been looking for a chance to jump back in there. Also didn't get around to Sleeping Dogs, so have to see if I can make the time for that. 

I've never played any of the Bioshock games so far.   As far as the story are there any other games it reminded you of or was it totally unique?   (Anyone can chime in on that one, please)

Message 14 of 29 (311 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1102 posts

Apr 3, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

mochuuu wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

Once I'm done with Infinite though, I'm going to go back to Skyrim. Since some of the DLC came to PS3, I've been looking for a chance to jump back in there. Also didn't get around to Sleeping Dogs, so have to see if I can make the time for that. 

I've never played any of the Bioshock games so far.   As far as the story are there any other games it reminded you of or was it totally unique?   (Anyone can chime in on that one, please)

In my opinion the game was unique. But if you have never played Bioshock 1 before, you owe it to yourself to play it. The experience is incredible and the story is one of the best in gaming history. I'm half way through infinite, but it hasn't given me the creeps like Bioshock 1 did when I first played it.

Message 15 of 29 (253 Views)
PlayStation MVP
889 posts

Apr 3, 2013

What was just checking how MGS HD looks turned into beating Snake Eater and starting Peacewalker and MGS2 simultaneously. My Castlevania Lords of Shadow is broken so I need to replace it today.

photo wizard_zps4173ab5c.png
Message 16 of 29 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
336 posts

Apr 3, 2013

I actually have to make this decision today since I finished Space Marine last light. If I get Spec Ops downloaded, I'll play that next. If not, I will start the Tomb Raider Trilogy on disk.

Message 17 of 29 (201 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
49846 posts

Apr 3, 2013

Asphaltum wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

mochuuu wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

In my opinion the game was unique. But if you have never played Bioshock 1 before, you owe it to yourself to play it. The experience is incredible and the story is one of the best in gaming history. I'm half way through infinite, but it hasn't given me the creeps like Bioshock 1 did when I first played it.

Ah maybe I should look around for the first one to play first then.  Thanks for the feedback!  (I'd kudos you but I seem to have gone kudos happy today and hit the daily limit)

Message 18 of 29 (140 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1102 posts

Apr 3, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

Asphaltum wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

mochuuu wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

Ah maybe I should look around for the first one to play first then.  Thanks for the feedback!  (I'd kudos you but I seem to have gone kudos happy today and hit the daily limit)

No problem. I'm not in it for any glory, I just like to help. Cheers. Also you can probably find Bioshock 1 (retail) for cheap.

Message 19 of 29 (109 Views)
PlayStation MVP
11202 posts

Apr 3, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

None of the games I've ever played have had this kind of story. Without giving away too much of the story line, you've been hired to "rescue" this girl Elizabeth. Once you find her, you have to escape. Not much different in that regards than a few other games where you rescue someone. However, along the way you learn a bit about Quantum Mechanics (I think that's what it is), alternate dimensions, who the "bad" guy really is, who Elizabeth really is, who you really are. There's a portion of the game that deals with the Vox Populi (think of civil rights for blacks and workers combined). In keeping the era the game is set there is racism evident in the side stories, as well as how the common worker is looked down upon.

There's a religious tone to the game as well. It's a very tastefully done game and an experience unlike most other FPS games. There is a portion at the end that pays homage to the original Bioshock, but you don't have to know anything about that story at all. The way it ties in at the end is very interesting. As someone who's been fascinated with alternate dimensions and crossing those barriers, as well as the possible impacts of doing so, I found this story line to be very unique and very fascinating. I plan to write up my review of the game before I go out for surgery in 2 weeks.

If you buy the PS 3 version of Bioshock: Infinite, you'll get a copy of the original Bioshock (included on the disc, but it installs to your HDD). Neither the PC or 360 have that bonus. So you're getting 2 games for $60, not just one. The original Bioshock is also very fascinating.

Message 20 of 29 (93 Views)