Highlighted
Feb 02 2013
By: glaciusx25 MVP Support 12828 posts

Next Madden game to skip the Vita?

10 replies 1028 views Edited Feb 2, 2013
http://www.cubed3.com/news/18033/1/madden-nfl-25-skipping-wii-u-3ds-and-vita.html

It would be a real shame, I was looking forward to see cross play of some sort
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 1 of 11 (1,028 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
351 posts

Re: Next Madden game to skip the Vita?

Feb 2, 2013

i am afraid this has everything to do with the small PS Vita install base.  It is a catch 22...  The Devs are waiting for the number of PS Vita Sales to increase.  While the potential customers are awaiting for the big name titles.  It is a matter of who is going to blink first.  in the meantime, I am afraid that we are going to get left in the wake...

Message 2 of 11 (1,021 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1737 posts

Feb 2, 2013

Not trying to bash them or anything because they are what they are but sony needs to perk there ears up and listen to what people are wanting on the vita to make them buy it. A lot of people are telling them but they but they are still not incorporating it  in the vita to make them get off of the fence and have to have one. I show mine to a lot of people and they say it does not do enough for them to get one yet. Mabe sony needs to talk more to the average person a little more about what they need from the vita to make them buy one. It could not hurt could it? Sence they are the ones that they want to buy it.

Message 3 of 11 (1,004 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Feb 2, 2013
Sony needs to drop the price of the system and memory cards. It's clear that is and will continue to be the main stigma of the PSV~.
Message 4 of 11 (1,001 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4151 posts

Feb 2, 2013
Wow!! That's lame. I guess there won't be a NCAA 14 either for the Vita.
Message 5 of 11 (999 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Feb 2, 2013

spudsudz wrote:

i am afraid this has everything to do with the small PS Vita install base.  It is a catch 22...  The Devs are waiting for the number of PS Vita Sales to increase.  While the potential customers are awaiting for the big name titles.  It is a matter of who is going to blink first.  in the meantime, I am afraid that we are going to get left in the wake...

Sony needs to blink first and lower the price of both the system and the memory. 

Message 6 of 11 (976 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
350 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 2, 2013

@superfriar19

That's exactly what must be done. They can't expect high profit from this gadget anymore due to their incompetence and stubbornness. They held off the price drops for to long to still make a decent profit.

Message 7 of 11 (968 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 2, 2013

Sorry, I kind of skimmed through the linked page and the actual EA announcement as I have a headache this morning and a lot going on around me with Wife and kids talking about what snacks and what not to have tomorrow during the Super Bowl.

Anyway, unless they came out and said it's about numbers being sold?

My take on this is that it may be being developed on the next Sony and Microsoft consoles and may be being ported to play on PS3 and XBox360. Therefore they are developing for 4 consoles and may not have the time to develop on Nintendo's platforms as well as the Vita. After all, it's not like 3DS has a small user base.

Maybe we'll see a different version for handhelds. My 2 cents.

Again, sorry if they said something about units being sold being the reason why they weren't going to bring it to Vita and Nintendo.

Message 8 of 11 (962 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
351 posts

Feb 2, 2013

That might not be the reason specifically for Madden to pass on the Vita however I just read that some Devs and Publishers are delaying or killing their Vita projects due to the small number of Vita sales...  Only 4.4 million sold to date...  

In addition many 3rd party Devs have been slow to jump on the Vita bandwagon...  Given that the price for a Vita Dev kit is relatively low and the Vita is supposedly a dream piece of tech for developers to design games for, it can only be assumed that the projected revenue/profit math isn't very compelling...  I for one raised my eyebrows a bit when Sony introduced Mobile games on the PS Store...  No problem for Sony to bring another channel for mobile games for the benefit of both developers and gamers alike...  However I didn't fork out $450.00 ($350.00 for the handheld and $100.00 for the 32 GB mem card) to play Fruit Ninja or Cut the Rope...  I can do that on my Android phone...

Anyway, I do digress...   Typically the Madden games are co-developed for both the PS3 and handheld...  Let's hope that continues...  After all as a Vita owner, I bought off on that Cross Buy and Cross Play feature...

Message 9 of 11 (956 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6582 posts

Feb 2, 2013

spudsudz wrote:

That might not be the reason specifically for Madden to pass on the Vita however I just read that some Devs and Publishers are delaying or killing their Vita projects due to the small number of Vita sales...  Only 4.4 million sold to date...  

In addition many 3rd party Devs have been slow to jump on the Vita bandwagon...  Given that the price for a Vita Dev kit is relatively low and the Vita is supposedly a dream piece of tech for developers to design games for, it can only be assumed that the projected revenue/profit math isn't very compelling...  I for one raised my eyebrows a bit when Sony introduced Mobile games on the PS Store...  No problem for Sony to bring another channel for mobile games for the benefit of both developers and gamers alike...  However I didn't fork out $450.00 ($350.00 for the handheld and $100.00 for the 32 GB mem card) to play Fruit Ninja or Cut the Rope...  I can do that on my Android phone...

Anyway, I do digress...   Typically the Madden games are co-developed for both the PS3 and handheld...  Let's hope that continues...  After all as a Vita owner, I bought off on that Cross Buy and Cross Play feature...

well  the ps vita is more than gaming device it actually mobile  phone as well.   Now if they find a way to run "power point" or "rivals" on it or something like that..  I coulds actually get my  boss to buy all our co worker  one as buisness meeting  tool lol..

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 10 of 11 (940 Views)
0 Likes