Highlighted
Dec 22 2011
By: Nick212004 Uncharted Territory 1742 posts

Next-Generation Gaming Uncovered, Ready for PS4

12 replies 16 views Edited Dec 22, 2011

http://www.thegameraccess.com/images/sensics-smartgoggles.jpg

"With the current generation of videogame consoles passing their 5/6 year mark, it will be no surprise to see Sony release their next-generation console within the next 2-3 years. Because of this, gamers around the world have began speculating what Sony will have in store for them when they are ready to release their next console." 

-TheGamerAccess.com

FULL STORY

Message 1 of 13 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2156 posts

Re: Next-Generation Gaming Uncovered, Ready for PS4

Dec 22, 2011

hopefully a console that supports user made content.

mabye a cosnole with a gpu that isnt literally cooked to death?

at least 2 gigs of ram. at least a current gen gpu. at least a current gen cpu.

the ps3 is so far behing even a modest gaming pc anymore its just getting insane.

-evilbunny

Message 2 of 13 (16 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28985 posts

Dec 22, 2011

Speculation. Then again, what would video game "journalism" be without speculation and rumor. I'm starting to think that nobody who "writes" for a video game website has any sort of journalism background. 

Message 3 of 13 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2785 posts

Dec 23, 2011

Personally, I am not ready for PS4 just yet. Let me enjoy my PS3 more! lol

I also need to get a Vita too. lol

Message 4 of 13 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Dec 23, 2011

PS3 has just begun to reach its full potential.

A better CPU is not going to make much difference. We'll see a new generation of the Cell/BBE as Sony and IBM spent millions upon millions developing the CPU architecture that has one main core and 8 sub-cores.

Oh wait.... im speculating as well....

I dont like articles that speculate, because that just leads to rumors that are false. And it really gets under my skin when people have a conversation with me about how the next console is going to have this and that and whatever, when I ask finally ask them "Do you know for sure? Is it announced from the company themselves officially?" and they respond with a "Well.... no, its on a website just talking about it... wouldnt it be cool if it had that stuff tho?" And then i walk away.

Unless it is officially announced from the horses mouth, I dont hold my breath. This leads to less problems.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 5 of 13 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4392 posts

Dec 23, 2011

The PS4 will be Nano-Technology based.  It will be injected right into you, and integrate with your neurological system.

This will allow for an unprecedented level of immersion in both games and other forms of entertainment.

Sony will of course keep their mandatory firmware upgrades.  If you don't upgrade, you will loose your ability to communicate through spoken or written words.

Then after about two years, Sony will release a mandatory FW upgrade that does nothing other than take away your ability to move your left arm.  When criticized for this move, they will argue that the TOS of using the PS4 gave them complete and total rights to your body.  Also they will argue that most people don't really use their left arm much anyway, unless it is for piracy, as their internal studies show hackers are mostly left handed.

The advertising slogan will be;

"PS4

It only controls everything......sucka."

Be One With The Game.

Message 6 of 13 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
318 posts

Dec 23, 2011

Maybe 4gb because RAM/Memory these days are dirt cheap.  A new Nividia GPU supporting all of the fancy Nividia stuff like Physx and APEX Physx.  APEX Physx allows for really realistic character clothing as if it flies with the wind and reacts to explosions (take a look at Mafia 2).  Also maybe CUDA too.  Maybe might develop a powerful CPU similiar to the Cell Broad Band engine ,but maybe something easier for Developers.  We also might see alot of lots of games running in 1080p that time around. Who knows what the future holds just wait and see.

Message 7 of 13 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1742 posts

Dec 25, 2011

I definitely see Sony going with the Cell Processor architecture again to cut down on the learning curve which caused issues for many developers early into the PS3's life cycle.

Message 8 of 13 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2241 posts

Dec 25, 2011

I had the thought of something like the movie Lawnmower man on my mind for awhile now.  Unbelieveable how these things come to when i think them or say them openly in a online sony game.  Just remember there is a God, this isnt real.

Its whatever God says it is, try not to let Satan trick you or lie to you. A lie can be twisted so much but its still a lie, same with tricks. Also know noone is perfect except Jesus, we all will mess up from time to time. So try not to be, to hard on yourself or others.
Message 9 of 13 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
629 posts

Dec 25, 2011

The-Sarge wrote:

The PS4 will be Nano-Technology based.  It will be injected right into you, and integrate with your neurological system.

This will allow for an unprecedented level of immersion in both games and other forms of entertainment.

Sony will of course keep their mandatory firmware upgrades.  If you don't upgrade, you will loose your ability to communicate through spoken or written words.

Then after about two years, Sony will release a mandatory FW upgrade that does nothing other than take away your ability to move your left arm.  When criticized for this move, they will argue that the TOS of using the PS4 gave them complete and total rights to your body.  Also they will argue that most people don't really use their left arm much anyway, unless it is for piracy, as their internal studies show hackers are mostly left handed.

The advertising slogan will be;

"PS4

It only controls everything......sucka."

They may take our Other OS,
or our PSN.

But they will never take,

OUR FREEDOM!!!

Close but actually that will be the PS9

Message 10 of 13 (16 Views)
0 Likes