Last Guardian
11299 posts

Re: Next Final Fantasy could be PS4 exclusive.d

Mar 24, 2013

Murderstyle75 wrote:
But at the same time, I think FF13 couldn't be all that it could because it was a multiplat. Console hardware has a lot of things that seperate them from one another and when you make a multiplat, you can't really tap into that power. There is a reason Uncharted is so good on the PS3 and there are reasons Gears looks and plays so smooth on the 360. There isxa reason the original Xbox version of Splinter Cell Chaos Theory was a AAA game on the original Xbox since it was built from the ground up for the hardware while the PS2 and PC version were not even the same build and scored quite a bit lower. This can be taken even further if a company creates an exclusive engine like Epic showed with the UE2X in 2005 on the original Xbox.

This is true too. I think part of the problem that stemmed with FF XIII was the fact that it was built from the ground up for the the PS 3 exclusively to begin with and then nearly a year before it's release it was ported to the 360. To keep them the same they had no choice but to cut content. Which is sad. There are many other examples as well such as Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 3, and others. Games that were either ported to the PS 3 after the game was already released for the 360 or due to developer hubris.

I believe you can create games that are multi-platform that do not suffer from quality control issues. There have been a few multi-platform games that I feel were well done like Bioshock (the original) and Borderlands 1 & 2. The upcoming Bioshock Infite looks amazing, but for the most part I agree that when a game is built specifically for one console, it will perform better and look better than a multi-platform game.

Message 11 of 19 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3489 posts

Mar 24, 2013

This game has looked great for years! Can't wait for the PS5. Smiley Very Happy

Message 12 of 19 (76 Views)
Fender Bender
2785 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 24, 2013

At this point, it should just come out on the PS4. It could help sell the PS4. When Square-Enix told us that they are workiing on a new Final Fantasy game, was this what they meant? I wonder!

Message 13 of 19 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
336 posts

Mar 24, 2013

I just need Final Fantasy 7 HD (should be exclusive to PS4 since it was released on PS1) - it is coming, I just believe it.

Message 14 of 19 (56 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Mar 24, 2013

Hurry up and release it FFS, and get on with KingdomHearts3

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 15 of 19 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3228 posts

Mar 24, 2013

I just want them to finish working on this game so Namura can go back to making more KIngdom hearts games.

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

Youtube: Akirasolid Entertainment

Message 16 of 19 (48 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6095 posts

Mar 24, 2013

My opinion:

Exclusive games should be only for First and Second Party Studios. Third party studio's are a different story, they should be multi-platform so that as many people as possible can enjoy said game, like Final Fantasy. We can dance around the subject that SquarEnix was exclusive to Sony platforms but Nintendo would argue WITH me over this fact and Microsoft would be quietly coming in the conversation as well. Final Fantasy 13 series has been on both Sony and Microsoft platforms, Versus 13 sadly has hit limbo and I wouldn't be surprised if it popped on PS4 AND the next xbox - economics and third party studio strategies have proven it's best to go on as many platforms as possible to gain the most profitable income back to make/develop more games. With the backwards compatibility not going to be ready "streaming wise" for PS3 games on the PS4, many won't be jumping to Sony's next platform right away (despite what people want to say, the Backward Compatibility backers WILL be buying a PS4 - just maybe not at launch to catch up on their library). With a small install base, it's just like the Vita - the company is either best to wait until it's install base builds to a certain amount to support  well or launch on multiple platforms (Virtues Last Reward and Rayman Origin are good examples).

Message 17 of 19 (41 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Mar 24, 2013

Finaly Fantasy would be multi-platform if the other 2 systems could handle it. Look at FF-XIII. The graphics were terrible on the 360 verison, and how many discs did it have??? And the Wii couldn't even begin to handle it.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 18 of 19 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1042 posts

Mar 24, 2013
This rumor again? Call me when actual news come out.
Message 19 of 19 (27 Views)
0 Likes