Monster Hunter
37 posts

Re: Next Big PS4 Update

Feb 25, 2014

They seem to be doing little updates occasionally

unfortuantely it's focused on making DVD playback look slightly bette - slightly...!

don't know when, but soon better be a BIG update

bring back avatars and third party themes for goodness sakes!~

you can see my post of a patch wishlist/ update suggestions (there's alot!) by clicking on my profile

or link is right here

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-4-Support/PS4-Patch-Wishlist-Log-On-Screen-Privac...

all the things that it should bring to FIX AND GIVE US BACK are posted in that thread

Message 21 of 39 (299 Views)
I Only Post Everything
917 posts

Feb 25, 2014

markjpwns wrote:

I heard that the next update will include features that unlock holographic puppies and unicorns

CRAP!!! I was hoping for the "double-rainbow" feature. I should have bought the Xbox1 instead... 

Message 22 of 39 (298 Views)
Survivor
2504 posts

Feb 25, 2014
One of the reasons why I think Sony is slowly adding new features might be because of the PS4's UI. Sony developed a great, easy-to-use and user friendly experience and I'm sure they can't just throw extra stuff in.
They have to consider how to add all of the features we like without making the UI overly convoluted and messy.
If I asked everyone here how Sony should add CD playback, DNLA and storage of photos, music and videos, for example, everyone here would have a different answer and not everyone would agree on the same thing.
U R Not e . Enos Lives . PLAY B3YOND . ixnine . I love Nariko! . WipEout . Home . PlayStation Network . Tearaway . the Last of Us
Message 23 of 39 (280 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
198 posts

Feb 25, 2014

I'm guessing then next update will bring the PlayStation 4 feature where you can watch a friend play their game and you can jump in control to help them out if they get stuck etc. . .

-hyper

Message 24 of 39 (273 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2546 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 25, 2014

The reason why we have not seen a lot of features added is b/c the system has now just become world wide w/ the Japan launch this past weekend. When adding features it is much more easy to roll it out everywhere at once VS having one area that already has it and then have to add it for another area later on. When everyone in Japan updated their systems this weekend I'm sure it updated them to where we are now. And now that the system is eveyrywhere we can expect more things to be added other then stability fix's ( which are important and will always be a part of updates ) and enabling head sets. 

Message 25 of 39 (266 Views)
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Feb 25, 2014
I am definitely hoping that we get some sort of theme options. It would be nice to at least be able to change the color of the background. Aside from that, I would like the option to turn off the light on the DS4. I never really cared about the light until I was playing Outlast with a group of friends last weekend with all of the lights off. The controller basically became a flashlight. It would also be nice to be able to organize the home screen a little better. I'm sure these are all things we will get in time, though.
Message 26 of 39 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2546 posts

Feb 25, 2014

formervillain wrote:
I am definitely hoping that we get some sort of theme options. It would be nice to at least be able to change the color of the background. Aside from that, I would like the option to turn off the light on the DS4. I never really cared about the light until I was playing Outlast with a group of friends last weekend with all of the lights off. The controller basically became a flashlight. It would also be nice to be able to organize the home screen a little better. I'm sure these are all things we will get in time, though.

They make this cool stuff called tape...........

Message 27 of 39 (249 Views)
Big Daddy
16939 posts

Feb 25, 2014

The next update will allow people to develop critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense skills before they are allowed to comment on this forum.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 28 of 39 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 25, 2014
You would really rather put tape on your controller every time you want that light to turn off than just have a setting you could deactivate? I was expecting that type of response, though. I actually think the light is a pretty cool little added feature, but there are still times that it does more harm than good.

I may also add that your reasoning for why we haven't seen features being added is completely bogus. It seems to me that the lowly Xbox One is getting more features added to it even though it's currently out in less than half the territories the PS4 is in. The real reason is that Sony has their own timetable, and their current success hasn't put any extra pressure on them to rush that.
Message 29 of 39 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
203 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 26, 2014

I really only have a few issues with the current FW, starting with the system recording your gameplay. It will constantly lock up and record the first 15 minutes of gameplay then just stop recording all together so now 30 minutes later you get an awesome kill or something and boom, it didn't record. The second issue being "automatic updates" that are suppose to happen while the system is in standby mode. Nothing updates while the system is off, when I turn my ps4 on it just instantly tells me there are updates and starts downloading them.  Another issue being that when ever you get a "notification", even after you have "seen" the notification the system still tells you you have one and it will not go away until you delete it. Last issue is the highly talked about, missing notifications for your friends that go online/offline. For the people that don't want it, there should be an option to disable the notification in the settings.

As for the features that I personally would like to come to ps4,

- invite party to game

- support for bluetooth mics

- mp3 support

- share videos to youtube

- youtube app

- skype app

- organise the friendslist (add a friend to your favorites)

- ps video chat

- ability to change the color of the background, change the theme

Thats all I can think of at the moment, but thats just some of my thoughts. Does anyone agree? Please don't hate me, lol.

Message 30 of 39 (211 Views)
0 Likes