Umbrella Scientist
9327 posts

Re: Next Big PS4 Update

Feb 25, 2014

I have some guaranteed inside information about the next big PS4 update.Smiley Surprised I am 100% sure that the next "Big" PS4 update will be........."System stability has been improved."Smiley Frustrated

Person of interest

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 11 of 39 (248 Views)
Fender Bender
2546 posts

Feb 25, 2014

bronxsushi wrote:

I have some guaranteed inside information about the next big PS4 update.Smiley Surprised I am 100% sure that the next "Big" PS4 update will be........."System stability has been improved."Smiley Frustrated

Person of interest

When the PS3 gets updates they are not adding new features, they are stability improvements, and this is after 7 years. Most of the things feature wise on the PS3 that were added over the years I never cared about, MP3 stuff exc exc.. the only things I ever used were the Netflix, Amazon TV apps and adding trophies was awesome. Other then that I'll galdly take stability updates anytime. The only PS4 feature they added that I had been waiting for was the head set up date for my PS3 head set, other then that all the stabiltiy updates have been fine w/ me. 

Message 12 of 39 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
67 posts

Feb 25, 2014

If they do anything for "friend notifications" we really need to be able to exclude some apps from this.  When I am watching a movie I could care less who signs on or off. 

Message 13 of 39 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2546 posts

Feb 25, 2014

radamo wrote:

If they do anything for "friend notifications" we really need to be able to exclude some apps from this.  When I am watching a movie I could care less who signs on or off. 

and I dont think a notification at the top corner of the screen ruins the movie. I dont disagree b/c its always better to have more choices or options but even if this did not happen it would not be a big deal for me. Plus it could remind you that... Opps I was suppose to be online playing ( insert game here  )  with ( insert friend here who just logged on )

Message 14 of 39 (231 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Feb 25, 2014

Similarly, I'm looking forward to using my PS3 remote control. I'd even buy a new one if it was designed to function with the PS4. 

Message 15 of 39 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
337 posts

Feb 25, 2014

i'm still waiting for pause/resume of the downloads, queued download list, scheduler for downloads. it's stupid not to have them. oh and a avatar upload option so i can use my own avatar without needing to have facebook acount.

Message 16 of 39 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2546 posts

Feb 25, 2014

Junguler wrote:

i'm still waiting for pause/resume of the downloads, queued download list, scheduler for downloads. it's stupid not to have them. oh and a avatar upload option so i can use my own avatar without needing to have facebook acount.

This would be great, id like to be able to up load an avatar w/ out having it be my FB photo. 

Message 17 of 39 (221 Views)
Survivor
2641 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 25, 2014

SC-GRAY_FOX wrote:

Id like to see the friends notification to come back, but I think we should be able to select which friends we want to be notified of when they come online

Since the frieds limit is 2000 (max) on PS4, say your list is full and more than 1500 are active and sign in and out frequently throught the day,  wouldn't it be madness? 

Message 18 of 39 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2546 posts

Feb 25, 2014

PaperCarrier wrote:

SC-GRAY_FOX wrote:

Id like to see the friends notification to come back, but I think we should be able to select which friends we want to be notified of when they come online

Since the frieds limit is 2000 (max) on PS4, say your list full and more than 1500 are active and sign in and out frequenly throught the day,  wouldn't it be madness? 

Did you not read my post? Thats why I said WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO SELECT WHICH FRIENDS WE WANT TO BE NOTIFIED WHEN THEY ARE ONLINE. This would prevent exactly what you just said. I have my friends that I know personally and people that Ive played w/ often in the past on online games that I would want to know when they are online, the others I could care less about if they are online or not. That is why if there was a check box by a users name and it was checked it would notify you of when they are onlline. Seems pretty logical to me

Message 19 of 39 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
895 posts

Feb 25, 2014
Complete madness. I bet if there were a notification for 1500-2000 people on the screen, people would start having seizures from it, lol. Smiley Tongue

I actually hadn't thought of what that would do with hundreds of people signing on and off. It sounds icky!
Message 20 of 39 (204 Views)
0 Likes