Feb 25 2014
By: hockeykid2319 Lombax Warrior 203 posts

Next Big PS4 Update

[ Edited ]
38 replies 986 views Edited Feb 25, 2014

Just curious as to when everyone thinks the next big update will be and what it will bring. Anyone find any rumours/sources of whats coming? Any events to look forward too? (Before E3). Any moderators have any insider info? Smiley Wink

Edit: Updated label. For more information on labels, click here: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/Labels-Best-Practices-in-PS-General/td-p/...

Message 1 of 39 (986 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
450 posts

Re: Next Big PS4 Update

Feb 25, 2014

I heard that the next update will include features that unlock holographic puppies and unicorns

Message 2 of 39 (979 Views)
Lombax Warrior
203 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 25, 2014

markjpwns wrote:

I heard that the next update will include features that unlock holographic puppies and unicorns

On a serious note...

Message 3 of 39 (975 Views)
Fender Bender
2546 posts

Feb 25, 2014

markjpwns wrote:

Why the PS4 did not have this feature out of the box is beyond me. I'm quite unhappy that I have to keep waiting to be able to use this feature b/c the PS3 does it so why cant the PS4?

Ah no its a bit pre mature for E3 rumors or info and since 2 updates were just done it may be a little while before we see anohter one. Perhaps another month or so.

Message 4 of 39 (949 Views)
Lombax Warrior
218 posts

Feb 25, 2014
I just hope the next update includes the suspend feature.
Message 5 of 39 (946 Views)
Fender Bender
2546 posts

Feb 25, 2014

Id like to see the friends notification to come back, but I think we should be able to select which friends we want to be notified of when they come online

Message 6 of 39 (942 Views)
Sackboy
450 posts

Feb 25, 2014

SC-GRAY_FOX wrote:

Id like to see the friends notification to come back, but I think we should be able to select which friends we want to be notified of when they come online

Excellent idea, in addition to that themes would be pretty cool too.

Message 7 of 39 (926 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1453 posts

Feb 25, 2014

They still need to do a lot of fixes before bringing any new features, these updates have been making the console worse then it was when it launched, seeing a lot of people getting bricked consoles cause of the updates, and audio and ui problems after the last one, doesn't sony test these updates before releasing them?

Message 8 of 39 (915 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2546 posts

Feb 25, 2014

markjpwns wrote:

SC-GRAY_FOX wrote:

Excellent idea, in addition to that themes would be pretty cool too.

Ive had a lot of people add me over the past few months but very few of them are people I know so it would be nice to select who you see come online as far as people you know or people you often play w/ regardless of if you know them or not. I also wish friends could be broken up into catagorys like..... Co workers, Forum friends, real friends..exc exc 

Message 9 of 39 (911 Views)
Fender Bender
2546 posts

Feb 25, 2014

Mightylink wrote:

They still need to do a lot of fixes before bringing any new features, these updates have been making the console worse then it was when it launched, seeing a lot of people getting bricked consoles cause of the updates, and audio and ui problems after the last one, doesn't sony test these updates before releasing them?

They will continue w/ stabilty fix's before moving onto added features but I have no idea what your talking about as far as problems w/ systems after the updates. I myself or anyone I know has not had this problem. Sure its probably happened to a few but that does not mean its a wide spread problem that is effecting most of those w/ PS4's 

Message 10 of 39 (909 Views)
0 Likes