Dec 16 2012
By: Pasco1990 First Son 27 posts

New to playstation 3......

5 replies 144 views Edited Dec 16, 2012

So on wensday i broke down and went to Bestbuy and bought the 500gb system with assassins creed and bought like 5 other games so i spent a heafty amount. Why i bought was i was basically tired of my 360 getting RROD Every few months and anyways just couldn't be happier with this system. And thought i would introduce myself give or take. Anyways i do have one question this morning i tride out the online part of my MLB 12 the show and i played a game and lost new so i made a lot of mistakes and said GG to the guy but called a twink what is that about? 

Message 1 of 6 (144 Views)
Big Daddy
16939 posts

Re: New to playstation 3......

Dec 16, 2012

No idea what "twink" refers to...

I've never heard of it... and I'm 32. 

Might be a sad attempt at insult towards you. No worries. Im sure from being on Xbox you've gotten some nasty hate from children. 

Furiously Chaosing
Message 2 of 6 (134 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39165 posts

Dec 16, 2012

Pasco1990 wrote:

So on wensday i broke down and went to Bestbuy and bought the 500gb system with assassins creed and bought like 5 other games so i spent a heafty amount. Why i bought was i was basically tired of my 360 getting RROD Every few months and anyways just couldn't be happier with this system. And thought i would introduce myself give or take. Anyways i do have one question this morning i tride out the online part of my MLB 12 the show and i played a game and lost new so i made a lot of mistakes and said GG to the guy but called a twink what is that about? 

Welcome to the PlayStation Community & the world of PS3.

The term "Twink" is a derogatory term for a young gay man!

Unfortunately these types of childish behavior are commonplace all over the internet & with online gaming, don't let this one episode ruin your early online experience, ignore them & move on, if you want to report the PSN ID who made the remark please do so using the link below.

Welcome once again.

http://np.us.playstation.com/

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 3 of 6 (125 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Dec 16, 2012

welcome to ps3 sir! ill send u an add. i used to rapair consoles for a living so i know xbox and its issues.

Message 4 of 6 (118 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Dec 16, 2012

Thanks guys didn't bother me and yeah got a lot of these kinds of remarks on xbox live just wasn't sure it it meant something else over here my bad. 

Message 5 of 6 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
18888 posts

Dec 16, 2012

Pasco1990 wrote:

|Pasco1990, Welcome to the PS Community

You do learn something new everyday and today was "twink."   Perhaps one of you was playing as the Twins? based on Wikipedia they are called [nicknames] "Twinkies"  and "Twink"

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 6 of 6 (93 Views)
0 Likes