Highlighted
First Son
11 posts

Re: New things we want in the next Vita Update.

Oct 14, 2012

i think Flash player would be a nice touch to the browser

Message 61 of 78 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1578 posts

Oct 14, 2012
there is no flash. we need HTML5 full support for vid to work on browser.
http://uspgc.webs.com

#1XBOX #2 PSV #3 ps3 thumbs down. Shoo fly don't bother me!
AlbaTron209 EST.1985
Message 62 of 78 (173 Views)
First Son
23 posts

Oct 14, 2012
Good ideas.
Message 63 of 78 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
161 posts

Oct 15, 2012

A suggestion Box app for PS Vita exclusively Smiley Happy

All problems solved!

Message 64 of 78 (163 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Oct 16, 2012

Someway to hide the toolbar in the web browser for these reasons that are urgent. We really need to hide or diasble or move the web browser toolbar. Especially if you plan to surf the web from your PS Vita on the regular. Read please. Quoted from: psvitaforum.com user: Theswweet

I'm sure some of you know of the dangers of OLED burn-in, but for those of you that don't - be warned, your Vita OLED screen could be scarred if you view a static image too long.

Q. What is OLED burn-in?
A. OLED burn-in is exactly what it sounds like, due to the still relatively new technology that OLED is... it is prone to its disadvantages, one of the main ones being that it can somewhat easily burn the outline of an image into the screen if viewed too long.

Q. How does burn-in happen, exactly?
A. Burn-in occurs when you view a static image on screen, for a long period of time, and frequently. For example, if you were to play Gravity Rush without going into any loading screens for a whole day, you might find that the GUI has had its outline lightly embedded in your screen. This would be hardly noticeable, but prolonged exposure can become painfully obvious

Q. How common, exactly, is burn-in?
A. If you don't know about such issues, and plan on playing a game for a long time that has very little cutscenes - or you have already finished the game, and are trophy hunting - surprisingly common, unfortunately. Many Vita games try to avoid this in many ways, but PSP games aren't so lucky. YMMV, but a good rule of thumb is to not play a GUI extensive game for more then 3 hours without opening another tab on the Vita.

Q. Why did Sony choose OLED screens for a gaming system, if burn-in is such a well-documented issue?
A. You'd have to ask Sony for that, but if you are well educated about burn-in... the pro's of OLED outweigh the cons, in many aspects.

Q. Is burn-in fixable?
A. Unfortunately, sadly, horrifyingly - no. It is very much permanent. If you have it, you're stuck.

I felt that we really did need a thread for this, as I just noticed I had the beginnings of burn-in on my screen - from using the Internet browser for long periods of times, no doubt.

Please, Vitabros, play cautiously. Burn-in is PERMANENT on OLED, unlike LCD.

Use this thread to discuss, and warn others, of burn-in inducing games. Tips to prevent burn-in are welcome, and overall burn-in grieving is acceptable in small amounts. I really, truly hope that this thread helps prevent the scarring of some of our screens.
I have stopped using my PS Vita for surf the web until something is done about the toolbar. Why is the toolbar black? Increasing the chances of burn-in. Such an oversight especially when it is mostly on a bright white background come on Sony. Please adjust or fix this.
Message 65 of 78 (147 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Oct 16, 2012
Message 66 of 78 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Nov 29, 2012

How about actually adding the things they promised! Like the Hulu Plus or Crackle apps. You know, instead of adding ANOTHER needless paint program to the apps section of the store. Or how about the connected display feature they promised pre-launch! There is a seeminly useless port next to the slot for the games.

Message 67 of 78 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1985 posts

Nov 30, 2012

ixnine wrote:
Right now the most important things to me that I'd like to see are:

- Copy/Paste.
- Music player controls from the lock screen.
- The ability to turn off the screen saver/auto lock, especially while playing a game, like when you're watching a long cut scene.
- Music player visualization.

That's all I can remember at the moment, I'm pretty sure there's more ideas I had. :/

These are musts

This would be nice.

Message 68 of 78 (107 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 30, 2012

timeismoney0 wrote:

Someway to hide the toolbar in the web browser for these reasons that are urgent. We really need to hide or diasble or move the web browser toolbar. Especially if you plan to surf the web from your PS Vita on the regular. Read please. Quoted from: psvitaforum.com user: Theswweet

I'm sure some of you know of the dangers of OLED burn-in, but for those of you that don't - be warned, your Vita OLED screen could be scarred if you view a static image too long.

Q. What is OLED burn-in?
A. OLED burn-in is exactly what it sounds like, due to the still relatively new technology that OLED is... it is prone to its disadvantages, one of the main ones being that it can somewhat easily burn the outline of an image into the screen if viewed too long.

Q. How does burn-in happen, exactly?
A. Burn-in occurs when you view a static image on screen, for a long period of time, and frequently. For example, if you were to play Gravity Rush without going into any loading screens for a whole day, you might find that the GUI has had its outline lightly embedded in your screen. This would be hardly noticeable, but prolonged exposure can become painfully obvious

Q. How common, exactly, is burn-in?
A. If you don't know about such issues, and plan on playing a game for a long time that has very little cutscenes - or you have already finished the game, and are trophy hunting - surprisingly common, unfortunately. Many Vita games try to avoid this in many ways, but PSP games aren't so lucky. YMMV, but a good rule of thumb is to not play a GUI extensive game for more then 3 hours without opening another tab on the Vita.

Q. Why did Sony choose OLED screens for a gaming system, if burn-in is such a well-documented issue?
A. You'd have to ask Sony for that, but if you are well educated about burn-in... the pro's of OLED outweigh the cons, in many aspects.

Q. Is burn-in fixable?
A. Unfortunately, sadly, horrifyingly - no. It is very much permanent. If you have it, you're stuck.

I felt that we really did need a thread for this, as I just noticed I had the beginnings of burn-in on my screen - from using the Internet browser for long periods of times, no doubt.

Please, Vitabros, play cautiously. Burn-in is PERMANENT on OLED, unlike LCD.

Use this thread to discuss, and warn others, of burn-in inducing games. Tips to prevent burn-in are welcome, and overall burn-in grieving is acceptable in small amounts. I really, truly hope that this thread helps prevent the scarring of some of our screens.
I have stopped using my PS Vita for surf the web until something is done about the toolbar. Why is the toolbar black? Increasing the chances of burn-in. Such an oversight especially when it is mostly on a bright white background come on Sony. Please adjust or fix this.

That isn't Sony's problem people choose to use a Vita browser for hours on end. I have literally only heard of one person and I am pretty sure it's the person who wrote all that in the first place. Literally the only person I have ever come across that has burned in the OLED screen was because they were using the web browser on the Vita for over 3+ hours.. I mean what the freak?

If you are going to be on the net that long, get on a dam computer or smart phone or something. Don't use the gaming device you just bought, I know most of you all own a computer or something else before you ever bought the Vita anway.. It just doesn't make much sense one would seriously sit on the Vita's web browser that long unless it's the only electronic device they have which I would find hard to believe...

Message 69 of 78 (95 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 30, 2012

I'm very new to the vita.  I just got it last week. based on what I've had the chance to play with at the moment. I can only say i'd like to be able to charge my vita while it is on and connected to a pc . it just doesn't make sense that you can charge and play with the regular charger and you can only charge on a pc if it is off.

Message 70 of 78 (84 Views)
0 Likes