Nov 06 2011
By: D-Roy12 Sackboy 456 posts

New info on Super smash playstation

22 replies 49 views Edited Nov 6, 2011

This game seems very promising to me. The blog editor says that "he gets info from many people in the industry (SCE)." So I think this info is pretty reliable. He hasn't said anything about it releasing on the psvita, but I'd be suprised if it didn't. Why would a game that includes almost all characters in playstation (including psp) only release on ps3? The Stages seem like they will be really interactive, even including non fighting characters affecting the batte, such as golfers shooting flaming golf balls at you. It also seems better than super smash bros in the way that, instead of hitting a floating thing to activate your ultimate attack, you just have to fill up bars. ( 1  bar for lv1 2bars for lvl2 and 3 bars for lvl 3 attacks).

http://paulgalenetwork.com/home/2011/11/03/new-gameplay-details-on-sonys-smash-bros-fighter-exclusiv...

Message 1 of 23 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Re: New info on Super smash playstation

Nov 6, 2011

it would be cool and all but it seems to close to some of what was talked about before they released info about the long live Michael commercial Sony did.  it was found out though thats not what the commercial was about. link below.

http://youtu.be/mdWkKKSckNk

I think it is either all fake ,or he was mistaken about what the person he talked to gave this info to him or even where the person he got this info from got confused and speculated about the commercial he heard about and thought it was a game.

sure should sony do something like this I see why not so many of Playstation's Ip's get thrown under the curb or they go milti plat.

see one thing I like about Nintendo you can always count on another Mario, Zelda. sure do Ip's need brakes every so often sure , but its always nice to have something to depend on.  even Microsoft has a Ip's they depend on. Sony on the other hand always seems to throw theres out and never gos back to them.

also the take on how Nintendo does there's they are never a real sequel(expect Mario galaxy's 1 and 2. maybe im missing others. still though most of Nintendo's sequels are not a continuation of the one before it.) . not like how Microsoft's and Sony's sequels are just that.

sorry I went alittle off track there, sorry about that.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Message 2 of 23 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
456 posts

Nov 6, 2011

I always had my doubts about this that thread, but I still beleive that it might come out. He did say that it would be a 2012 release, (most likely late 2012) which means that sony could possibly use 2012 to release games like a new kingdom hearts and ffxiii-2 etc.. True Sony has been releasing a ton of new Ips but hopefully sequels to older games will be sce's main focus of the next fiscal year. Back to the point, if Paul Gale didn't know what he was talking about, he wouldn't have described the battle system and character skills with so much detail. This isn't a 100% reliable source, but he might be right.

Message 3 of 23 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2922 posts

Nov 6, 2011

If they include Patapon I'll buy it.

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Message 4 of 23 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Nov 6, 2011

@D-Roy12 see thats the thing its like he took super smash bro's and street Fighter Alpha 2 then put it into one game.

In away sony already has a fighting game like he discribed its DISSIDIA 012 and DISSIDIA. not the same characters he described but that could of been added in somewhere.

to me its just to bogus sounding. also anyone he could of talked to was under a NDA if they told anyone about what they were doing they would of been fired. according to how he got the info as well it was basically talking to people at E3 or gamescom or one of the many other gamming events. so it would of been clear to the team that so in so was giving out info. it be one thing if he maybe new a guy and they talked at undisclosed place where they both talked away from people. according to him though that is not what happend. what im saying is here that the sourcewould not take the risk of losing his job. so if it did happen it would of been private.

also wasnt he one of the same people who started the hole ps vita has  had its ram halfed from 512 two sourcesource

I will wait and see what happens.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Message 5 of 23 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
281 posts

Nov 7, 2011

Hmmmmm....I'm always sceptical about rumours from people who claim that they get there info from people in the industry. Anyone can say that and then come up with a story. I hope it's true though because it would be a good game with all the different characters but wouldn't we just end up with Nintendo fanboys screaming clone at Sony?

Message 6 of 23 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Nov 7, 2011

@bidbaldwolf86 Nintendo fanboys always claim Sony copy's with out looking into when they patented the info or started development. like for instance the hole augment reality thing. if they took time and did research they would realize Nintendo copyed them. also if we take what Nintendo ideas are as of late they are copying what Sega did when they were in the system market. like the idea screen on a controller Sega did that.

on top of everything alot of fanboys forget that sometimes comany's think of the same idea's. even xbox connect is a copy of Sony's eye toy basically. when you are a business you think of what will make you the most money so logically some company's will think of the same thing as one company is already making it.

we could also say Sony , Microsoft and Nintendo are all copying Sega with home consoles that are online compatible.

Message 7 of 23 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
281 posts

Nov 7, 2011

Incagneto wrote:

@bidbaldwolf86 Nintendo fanboys always claim Sony copy's with out looking into when they patented the info or started development. like for instance the hole augment reality thing. if they took time and did research they would realize Nintendo copyed them. also if we take what Nintendo ideas are as of late they are copying what Sega did when they were in the system market. like the idea screen on a controller Sega did that.

on top of everything alot of fanboys forget that sometimes comany's think of the same idea's. even xbox connect is a copy of Sony's eye toy basically. when you are a business you think of what will make you the most money so logically some company's will think of the same thing as one company is already making it.

we could also say Sony , Microsoft and Nintendo are all copying Sega with home consoles that are online compatible.

I agree completely but it's just as you said, people forget who actually started with this technology. These days it's all copied from somewhere but has been enhanced using todays technology. I don't think buisness copying each other is necessarily a bad thing because each one will try and make their version better than the competitors so surely the only people who win from this is the consumer.

I only mentioned Nintendo fanboys because they really go fot it with the whole who copied who stuff. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Sony fanboy by any stretch, but some people just annoy me with choldish arguements. Anyway this is going off topic fast so I will leave my little rant there.

Message 8 of 23 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
456 posts

Nov 7, 2011

You're probably right. Why would info on this be on only one blog? shouldn't IGN or one of the other big game news sites have info out on that? I still find it odd how some people would go to such extremes to spread a faulty story. But I have to admit, a game like that would just be awsome, and I'm sure sony will come up with something similar in later years. I'll keep an eye on this story though, because the guy did say he would upload screen shots and videos later, and from there I would easily be able to tell if its a lie or not.

Message 9 of 23 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Nov 8, 2011

@bidbaldwolf86 I agree you just completed what I was going to post but decided not to lol. so you filled in what I changed my mind about posting originally heh.

@D-Roy12 that to me even sounds more fishy , because if a video or screen shots were to be released they would not give it to some random guy. It would have to officially be announced first or at least be farther in development before then.so more would know about it. not just one guy. I do agree though it be cool to have something like this. the final fantasy one was okay but be better with not just final fantasy characters. I only say that because it just felt lackluster to me.

Message 10 of 23 (49 Views)
0 Likes