Sep 06 2012
By: Mercenary09 Treasure Hunter 4457 posts

New games coming to Instant Game collection on 9/11

12 replies 459 views Edited Sep 6, 2012

Double Dragon Neon and Scott Pilgrim vs. the world are coming free to US plus members next week. Source is the new Playstation Blogcast.

http://www.psnstores.com/2012/09/sneak-peek-september-11th-psn-releases/

Message 1 of 13 (459 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
219 posts

Re: New games coming to Instant Game collection on 9/11

Sep 7, 2012

great another game i already own , scott pilgrim was on sale a while back . that 2 games this month i already own with borderlands. sony really needs to do something about people that already own the games ,what a crap month . like if sony even cares 

i don't have a pc i use ps3 browser
Message 2 of 13 (426 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11715 posts

Sep 7, 2012

On the Plus side, I own neither of the games. On the Minus side, I want neither of the games. Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 13 (413 Views)
MVP Support
6747 posts

Sep 7, 2012

GrayGargoyle wrote:

On the Plus side, I own neither of the games. On the Minus side, I want neither of the games. Smiley Wink

You should want Scott Pilgrim Smiley Happy.

It looks like it's just Double Dragon for me this month, unless there's still more unannounced stuff.  At least it's a new game.  It could be ok; I'm not really a fan, but the old games were kind of fun.

Message 4 of 13 (389 Views)
0 Likes
SCEA
1489 posts

OFFICIAL POST
Sep 7, 2012

mainkster wrote:

great another game i already own , scott pilgrim was on sale a while back . that 2 games this month i already own with borderlands. sony really needs to do something about people that already own the games ,what a crap month . like if sony even cares 

I'm working on some ideas of what's feasible to help reward people who already have any games coming into Plus. Hoepfully you dig Double Dragon though as it's a new release and will be free as part of the membership. 

Message 5 of 13 (373 Views)
0 Likes
SCEA
1489 posts

OFFICIAL POST
Sep 7, 2012

Mercenary09 wrote:

Double Dragon Neon and Scott Pilgrim vs. the world are coming free to US plus members next week. Source is the new Playstation Blogcast.

http://www.psnstores.com/2012/09/sneak-peek-september-11th-psn-releases/

there's also more good stuff coming next week that you may not know about ; ) watch the blog on Monday and Tuesday

Message 6 of 13 (372 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4457 posts

Sep 7, 2012

Great! Looking forward to what else ya'll have planned! As for me I have Scott Pilgrim and Borderlands but im glad we're getting double dragon for free.

Message 7 of 13 (370 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 8, 2012

Of course there was a huge collection of games until I finally get plus and it's been the same stuff forever now. replace spacemarine and all those other instant game collection games. I have that game collection now!

Message 8 of 13 (325 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
479 posts

Sep 8, 2012

mochuuu wrote:

mainkster wrote:

I'm working on some ideas of what's feasible to help reward people who already have any games coming into Plus. Hoepfully you dig Double Dragon though as it's a new release and will be free as part of the membership. 

I have a suggestion to put out there, I'd like to see the IGC work more like the welcome back program did. Have a larger selection of IGC games for each month, but let subscribers choose only two or three of them. This should be great not only for people who already have alot of games purchased but also for people who are generally uninterested in the selection each month.

Message 9 of 13 (323 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1250 posts

Sep 9, 2012

mochuuu wrote:

This is great news.  I don't own SP - I decided not to get this one the last time a deep PS+ discount was offered because I figured it was the type of game that would eventually be free.

While I know others will disagree because they want games, I have posted many times since day one that it would be easy enough (and cheap enough) for Sony to offer some sort of trinket as a substitute for a game.  A free theme, avatar, or even a movie rental would provide value for anyone that has already purchased a PS+ free game.

This is especially true for anyone that has purchase a game being offered (thinking about Borderlands) that was previously offered via a PS+ discount.  It seems a bit unfair to offer Borderlands + DLC for super cheap last summer, and then put it in the game collection 12-14 months later.  While it doesn't impact me since I didn't purchase Borderlands at retail or via PS+ discounts, it has to leave a bad taste in the mouth for those that took up the discount when it was last offered.

Message 10 of 13 (267 Views)
0 Likes