Fender Bender
2785 posts

Re: New Vita Model At E3?

May 27, 2013

BBurgSteve wrote:

pacpunk wrote:

Anyone think they'll unveil a new Vita model (sort of like a DS lite thing) at E3 this year? I kind of hope so, I love my vita but I kind of want a possibly lighter skinnier version. What do you guys think?

What is with the slim obsession?  If the PS Vita were any slimmer, it would be impossible to play for more than a couple minutes at a time for most people.  Quite honestly, I don't think they could make one any slimmer even if they wanted to.  That would require a smaller battery (read: reduced power) and probably the removal of some features, as the internal components would either need to be smaller, or removed altogether.

As stated, about the only change I could see is the discontinuation of the 3G model.  There are rumors that the 4 and 8 GB memory cards have already been discontinued, possibly to be replaced by 64 and 128GB cards, but I'm sure we'll hear more about that in a couple weeks.  If the rumors of the 128GB card are true, hopefully Sony is planning to expand the 100 app/game limit on the Live Area.

Hopefully, if true, the price of the memory cards will 'drop' in the sense that the new 'small' capacity card (16GB) goes to $20 and the larger three go to $40, $60 and $90 respectively.  I would definitely pay $90 for 128GB.

Agreed, I don't see the point of a slimmer Vita. I would not be surprised if the 3G model was discontinued. I don't see the point of having a 3G model.

I actually need a bigger memory card myself because all I have is a 4 GB one. I am tired of having to delete games from my memory card. I have been waiting for the memory cards to get cheaper .lol

Message 11 of 18 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
250 posts

May 27, 2013

There is nothing wrong with the current model. But I would expect a price drop.

PS1~PS2~PS3~PSP~PS Vita~Dreamcast.
-Killzone Mercenary Beta Tester
Free userbars
Message 12 of 18 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
489 posts

May 27, 2013

i dont know why ppl complain about the vita price. For the spec of the vita, $250 isnt that overprice. For the memory cards, hell yeah, it definitly needs a price drops. $80-100 for 32gb is just too much. For the same price, i can get a 1000gb hdd. Smiley Happy

As for topic, I heard there is going to be a new model with 4g, and hdmi port.

Message 13 of 18 (128 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1356 posts

[ Edited ]
May 27, 2013

$50 isn't enough, if dropping it to $169.99 doesn't hurt them then they should do that. The 4GB memory card needs to be discontinued or start to be packaged in with every Vita. The rest of them need a price drop.

Message 14 of 18 (123 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11145 posts

May 27, 2013

Kali_boiz_4life wrote:

I don't think the 4G model is going to happen, because 3G is sufficient for what is available to do on the mobile connection (email, web, messaging, etc).  Adding a 4G model will only increase the price and reduce the battery life of the Vita.  It would just make no sense to do so.

As for the HDMI-capable Vita, it already exists.  It is the developer model of the PS Vita.  If there is going to be a video out made available to the Vita, it will likely use either the Auxiliary port on top of the Vita, or the data port on the bottom.

Message 15 of 18 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

May 27, 2013

Kali_boiz_4life wrote:

i dont know why ppl complain about the vita price. For the spec of the vita, $250 isnt that overprice. For the memory cards, hell yeah, it definitly needs a price drops. $80-100 for 32gb is just too much. For the same price, i can get a 1000gb hdd. Smiley Happy

Completely agree and I've said that all along - the Vita's price is perfect where it's at, especially considering the bundles frequently go on sale for $200 (that's what I paid).

The memory prices have to drop for the simple reason it's giving the Vita a bad reputation - most potential buyers seem okay with the $200-250 price, but don't like the idea of having to cough up another $75 for a decent memory card. I just wish Sony would open up the manufacturing to third parties - then we'll really see what the "market" prices it at.

Message 16 of 18 (107 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

May 28, 2013
They really need to have a $50 price cut on the console itself seeing as how the console in japan is roughly $200-$210. Also, slash the **bleep** prices on those memory cards. I can not emphasize this enough, please for all the people eager to buy a Vita, CUT THE **bleep** PRICE ON THE CARDS. I swear, I went made a poll asking who wants the vita and why they don't have one yet. Most of them were withdrawing because of the memory cards. Sony, if you're smart, put in a price cut for the memory cards at E3.
As a day 1 buyer of the Assassin's Creed Vita bundle, I'm very content with its size and don't really see much reason to have a slimmer version. But what would also be nice is if Sony reveals what that accessories port is for :/
Message 17 of 18 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1515 posts

May 30, 2013

NOPE

pacpunk wrote:

Anyone think they'll unveil a new Vita model (sort of like a DS lite thing) at E3 this year? I kind of hope so, I love my vita but I kind of want a possibly lighter skinnier version. What do you guys think?

Message 18 of 18 (66 Views)
0 Likes