May 27 2013
By: pacpunk Lombax Warrior 123 posts

New Vita Model At E3?

17 replies 407 views Edited May 27, 2013

Anyone think they'll unveil a new Vita model (sort of like a DS lite thing) at E3 this year? I kind of hope so, I love my vita but I kind of want a possibly lighter skinnier version. What do you guys think?

----------------------------------------------------------
Joshua Mobley: Internet Media Guy / Comic Book Writer / Podcast & Show Host / Founder of VGU.TV & Rocket Man Publishing LLC

Tumblr Blog: "Josh Likes Games." | Twitter
Message 1 of 18 (407 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2785 posts

Re: New Vita Model At E3?

May 27, 2013

I doubt it. The Vita and the memory cards need a price drop. A new model isn't necessary right now.

Message 2 of 18 (403 Views)
Lombax Warrior
123 posts

May 27, 2013

Icestar10 wrote:

I doubt it. The Vita and the memory cards need a price drop. A new model isn't necessary right now.

Very true, I think a price drop is more likely. But it would still be really nice if it accompanied the price drop.

Joshua Mobley: Internet Media Guy / Comic Book Writer / Podcast & Show Host / Founder of VGU.TV & Rocket Man Publishing LLC

Message 3 of 18 (397 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8502 posts

May 27, 2013
they need at least a 50$ price drop and all vita should come with a 4GB memory card.
Message 4 of 18 (386 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

May 27, 2013

$50 price drop

4GB card included

64GB (and maybe larger) cards announced

Price drop on cards (64GB being $100)

PS Vita Greatest Hits announced

Message 5 of 18 (368 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
123 posts

May 27, 2013

kknd2002 wrote:
they need at least a 50$ price drop and all vita should come with a 4GB memory card.

I do like that idea. I want more people to buy a Vita, cause it's a great handheld. I really want a white one though. I saw a little kid come in with his parents where I work and he was playing a white vita and I got jealous cause I have a black launch console.

Message 6 of 18 (365 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8502 posts

May 27, 2013
ya, spec wise, vita is a beast, BUT the lack of games/announced games is just absurd
Message 7 of 18 (326 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4073 posts

No!

May 27, 2013

New games. New IP's more info about how Gaikai will work with PS Vita. Things that will SURPRISE and DELIGHT us, torment someone, but mostly it'll be good.

No new model. Not yet. Only thing they might do is make 2 models one like is, and one with bigger buttons or something, eventually. -->could they come up with a "slim" version, why? It's the 5th version of a handheld, if you take into consideration the original PSP, the 2000, and 3000 and GO models. They got more right with this one than any one before. Maybe they'll make one with a replaceable battery? Everything is going sealed battery nowdays. My phone, my tablet and my PS Vita) User replaceable battery would make it fatter, and easier to break/fall apart. (Hello PSP?)

Thing is, PS VIta has different buttons from PSP. I got used to it fast. Other's it takes more time, but it's perfect the way it is. It's gorgeous and quite a beast. Cat LOL

Message 8 of 18 (319 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2032 posts

Re: No!

May 27, 2013
i can only see them doing away with 3g models, and maybe announcing more colors/ specials editions. (hopefully some come to NA and EU). Also, price drop on AT LEAST memory cards. i can buy a $20 32gb micro sd, why is sony's $100 for 32gb? its absurd
Message 9 of 18 (314 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10870 posts

May 27, 2013

pacpunk wrote:

Anyone think they'll unveil a new Vita model (sort of like a DS lite thing) at E3 this year? I kind of hope so, I love my vita but I kind of want a possibly lighter skinnier version. What do you guys think?

What is with the slim obsession?  If the PS Vita were any slimmer, it would be impossible to play for more than a couple minutes at a time for most people.  Quite honestly, I don't think they could make one any slimmer even if they wanted to.  That would require a smaller battery (read: reduced power) and probably the removal of some features, as the internal components would either need to be smaller, or removed altogether.

As stated, about the only change I could see is the discontinuation of the 3G model.  There are rumors that the 4 and 8 GB memory cards have already been discontinued, possibly to be replaced by 64 and 128GB cards, but I'm sure we'll hear more about that in a couple weeks.  If the rumors of the 128GB card are true, hopefully Sony is planning to expand the 100 app/game limit on the Live Area.

Hopefully, if true, the price of the memory cards will 'drop' in the sense that the new 'small' capacity card (16GB) goes to $20 and the larger three go to $40, $60 and $90 respectively.  I would definitely pay $90 for 128GB.

Message 10 of 18 (305 Views)