Lombax Warrior
204 posts

Re: New Vita Instant Game Collection Bundle coming soon

[ Edited ]
Nov 28, 2012

SoLiDuS_187 wrote:

What? you people clearly dont know **bleep** bait and switch is, so thank you for trying to sound smart and really looking like a whiny **bleep** that tries to be smart by throwing around terms that you dont know the meaning to like "bait and switch."

The goal of the bait-and-switch is to persuade buyers to purchase the substitute goods as a means of avoiding disappointment over not getting the bait, or as a way to recover sunk costs expended to try to obtain the bait. It suggests that the seller will not show the original product or service advertised but instead will demonstrate a more expensive product or a similar product with a higher margin.

In this case the bait is the 4gb memory card. When you buy the system and find out that it's not enough room to save the games offered to you will have to switch and buy a larger memory card. 

lol, you clearly have some anger issues. For your sake i'll continue the conversation without using the term "Bait and switch" You win. Now please calm down and move on to a different section of the forum to troll. 

Anyways. 

They shouldn't give you a card that wont even hold the free games they are offering you. /end thread.

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 30 (269 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6393 posts

Nov 28, 2012
The card is practically free though so I disagree. I'd rather have them put in a 4 GB card in the bundles than no card at all.
Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion!
http://playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com/

PSN: ScreamAimFire999 [PS4 and PS3 Owner]
Twitter: @PSPersuasion

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 30 (263 Views)
Fender Bender
3928 posts

Nov 28, 2012
^Ikr! Some people have not had their green eggs and ham lol.
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 30 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
168 posts

Nov 29, 2012
Eh, no regrets. 8gb is a fair trade in my opinion
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 30 (239 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Nov 29, 2012
I was surprised that this was an official Sony bundle, I had thought this was a bundle that GameStop threw together. I'm surprised it is online only...
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 30 (231 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Nov 29, 2012
Sony just officially announced it on the PS Blog:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/11/29/new-ps-vita-ps-plus-bundle-available-next-week/

Looks like it will be available at all the major stores...
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 30 (211 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11160 posts

Nov 30, 2012

Mercenary09 wrote:

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/consoles/playstation-plus-instant-game-collection-playstation-vita-b...

Comes with 3G/Wifi vita, 1-year membership to PS Plus, a 4GB memory card, and a voucher to download Unit 13. Pretty good deal. Thoughts?

Unit 13's not really impressive enough to warrent a buy. However, the 4gb memory stick coupled with the year membership to PS+, that's a much better incentive. Especially with Uncharted: Golden Abyss and Gravity Rush available for free this month.

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 30 (191 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Nov 30, 2012

PapaWarlock wrote:

Mercenary09 wrote:

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/consoles/playstation-plus-instant-game-collection-playstation-vita-b...

Comes with 3G/Wifi vita, 1-year membership to PS Plus, a 4GB memory card, and a voucher to download Unit 13. Pretty good deal. Thoughts?

Unit 13's not really impressive enough to warrent a buy. However, the 4gb memory stick coupled with the year membership to PS+, that's a much better incentive. Especially with Uncharted: Golden Abyss and Gravity Rush available for free this month.

IMO this bundle would have been even better if they bundled the 8GB memory card with it, especially since this bundle is encouraging downloads from PS+. The other wifi bundles was OK bundeling a 4GB memory card, because that was plenty for game saves and not every Vita owner is going to download full games off of PSN or subscribe to PS+...

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 30 (185 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 30, 2012
I agree with the lameness of the 4gb card. If the memory cards weren't so expensive as it is, then it wouldn't be that bad to just trade in the 4gb and purchase an 8. I knew that the 4 wasn't going to be enough room for my downloads, and I've already filled the 8 up with 3 Vita games, a PSOne game and PSN games.
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 30 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2483 posts

Dec 1, 2012
All 4 games take up 7.5GB. When you consider the amount of space on a 8GB memory card that's partitioned for PS Vita things and saved games, even a 8GB memory card isn't enough. With all the PS Vita, PSP and PSone games on my 16GB card, I now have 426MB left out of 14GB. Seriously, any consumer would be very dissapointed to find out they can't store all 4 games on their 4GB card.
U R Not e . Enos Lives . PLAY B3YOND . ixnine . I love Nariko! . WipEout . Home . PlayStation Network . Tearaway . the Last of Us
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 30 (165 Views)
0 Likes