Oct 23 2011
By: darrenaw16 First Son 21 posts

New Spyro coming to PS3 or Vita??

[ Edited ]
4 replies 233 views Edited Mar 20, 2014

Okay, I have loved Spyro since day one. And they were making the Legend of Spyro (I didn't really care for it, but it was better than NOTHING!!!) I know they made Skylanders, BTW....that is NOT Spyro!! I just was wondering, and EXTREMELY curious as to if there is supposed to be a new Spyro game/series coming to PlayStation 3 or Playstation Vita. Does anyone know? Or have any details? Please and Thank you to any who do!

Mod Edit: Added label & updated subject title. Want to learn more about labels? Please click here. How about Forum Rules of Conduct? Read all about it here. -Super_Nova2k13

Message 1 of 5 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11734 posts

Re: Spyro!

Oct 23, 2011

Spyro hasn't been under Insomniac's command in over a decade. The follow-up games have all been under the influence of various development studios. With Skylanders, that's the most recent Spyro-related title yet. Being under Activision now, Universal no longer has the right to freely focus on Spyro as much as they want. Activision is in the business of pumping out yearly games for profit... and I guess they figure that Spyro isn't immediately the kind of game they want to take on that sort of adventure. Unless this Skylanders game proves popular, future titles are likely not going to highlight Spyro's future.

Message 2 of 5 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11705 posts

Oct 24, 2011

darrenaw16 wrote:

Okay, I have loved Spyro since day one. And they were making the Legend of Spyro (I didn't really care for it, but it was better than NOTHING!!!) I know they made Skylanders, BTW....that is NOT Spyro!! I just was wondering, and EXTREMELY curious as to if there is supposed to be a new Spyro game/series coming to PlayStation 3 or Playstation Vita. Does anyone know? Or have any details? Please and Thank you to any who do!

im sorry but that is spyro in skylanders.. he just went under a slight redesign of the appearance..  and the game itself despite its interesting mechanic plays pretty much like a spyro game.. 

oh by the way the cashcrate thing im pretty sure is against forum rules so you shall be reported

>

Message 3 of 5 (233 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 31, 2013
Hello play station ok question 1 why is spyro dawn of the dragon not on the ps store and 2 will the rest of the legend of spyro come on ps3 ?
Message 4 of 5 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2599 posts

Jan 4, 2014

ilovesdragon wrote:
Hello play station ok question 1 why is spyro dawn of the dragon not on the ps store and 2 will the rest of the legend of spyro come on ps3 ?

Sony cannot answer those. You need to ask the franchise owner, Activison, directly.

But from my Point Of View as a long time Spyro fan, Dawn of the dragon is not on PSN due to the time frame it came out, and A new beginning and eternal night are older and most likely wont be ported. (Infact, its extremely unlikely)

Spyro has moved on to Skylanders now. The legend series has been concluded.

Message 5 of 5 (196 Views)
0 Likes