Jul 04 2012
By: TUNNELRAT-1972 Hekseville Citizen 392 posts

New Sony player

[ Edited ]
4 replies 67 views Edited Jul 4, 2012

Hey there I just got a PS Vita and I decided that I am going to trade my Xbox360 bundle for a PS3 for some of the functionality perks cross play and remote play as well as some of the online content can be used on both platforms, and I have some basic questions about games on the PS3. What console exclusives are must play games? I have always been interested in playing the Resistance Fall of Man game but don't know much about other exclusives. Also I want to know if Cod 4 Modern Warfare, and CoD World at War are as heavily hacked and modded on the PS3 as they are on the Xbox360 as they are pretty much un-playable on that platform. Any other tips or things I should know about the PS3 would be greatly appreciated.   I also am interested in DC Universe online is it good?

Baptism's of Fire
Photobucket
Message 1 of 5 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
318 posts

Re: New Sony player

Jul 5, 2012

Some exclusives that are must have and that I tried so far is the Uncharted series.  It's a great series with a good story you don't see around gaming today.  What really makes it special as it uses the Cell CPU found in the PS3.  I'm not being biased ,but if the developer's take use of it.  It can yield better graphics.  As the Xbox uses a Tri-Core which is easier to deveop for ,but in the end the Cell has more cores which can be used for graphics caluclations this in turn allows you to put in nice effects into the game ,and it allows some of the best graphics i've seen on a console so far.

Other good games are Killzone 3, God of War III, and Resistance 3 if you like that.  As for CoD I have World at War i've really haven't met any hackers/modding with it so far.  For DC Universe and Cod 4 hopefully other replies will tell you Smiley Wink.  

Just some quick things to know about your PS3.

-Free online, if you think about it if you payed for Xbox Live for ex. 2 years it would cost you 120$ That's 2 new games I could buy.

-Better exclusives, first impressions some multi-platform games are not as good on the PS3 as developers for the games don't take time to learn how to code for the Cell processor for the PS3.  However some companies have tapped into this potential and made some really graphically amazing games that you won't see on other consoles.

Also to prolong your PS3's life make shure you give is a moderate spacious area around it this will allow hot air to escape therefore effieciently cooling your PS3.

Message 2 of 5 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
392 posts

Jul 5, 2012

Thanks for the advice. Yeah I know all about keeping consoles, PC's etc in well ventilated areas.

Baptism's of Fire
Photobucket
Message 3 of 5 (33 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10163 posts

Jul 5, 2012
I highly reccomend the Killzone series! It's a good alternative to Call of duty.
Message 4 of 5 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Jul 5, 2012

Stay away from every COD game except MW3 if you're worried about hacks.

After a year the developer has no interest in supporting the game thats why the older games are readily hacked.

Although not all lobbies are hacked, I tend to only get into a few hacked lobbies every once in a while on MW1.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 5 of 5 (26 Views)
0 Likes