Reply
Gaming Beast
Registered: 10/19/2010
Offline
2200 posts
 

Re: New Sony Patent Blocks Second Hand Games

Jan 7, 2013

Arkthur_us wrote:

FROST_420 wrote:
Wow, when you put into point form it almost seems like fact instead of just your opinion. Yes Dlc has been around for 10 plus years but was never the other half of the game instead it actually could have been a completely new game in peoples opinions i.e. SOCOM Combined Assault. This is not pc land, this is console land and a game with only 5.5 hrs playing time for the storymode is half of what we used to get, the quality of game we are getting now is half if we're lucky imo and many others. No one can argue against the fact that because most gamers have internet now that the game companies are dishing out messes that they hope to fix or complete (whatever wording works better for you) through patches and DLC, nice try though.

 


 You keep saying that but thats not true, not every game out there is worst that the ones from previous generations. DLC is the present, we have to deal with it, in some games it reaps us off sure, bot in most of them DLC is completely optional, it doesn't feel like part of the game you have to pay more to enjoy.

 

Most games nowadays are short, mostly the ones that are mp oriented, but I try to stear away from these games, I do some research before buying something because I have to put a lot of effort to buy it.


That's your opinion, not the truth. Go start a thread asking if people feel they are getting less for the gaming dollar this gen compared to last gen. Then we'll see who's opinion is more common.

Message 131 of 152 (83 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 01/07/2013
Offline
1 posts
 

Re: New Sony Patent Blocks Second Hand Games

[ Edited ]
Jan 7, 2013

New Sony forum user here.....but not a new Ps3 player, I play BF3, Ratchet and Clank, Sly Cooper, Skyrim, AC3, ME2 and ME3 and a multitude of other games....and i do not own an Xbox.

But even an Xboxer should be concerned with this for various reasons. If Sony actually does this I have calculated that Xbox will have two choices...they can either refuse to do it as Sony will, or they can go along with it, shutting console-players down and making them go find a new hobby(like using a PC)

The American Sony dude has said he doesn't want Gamestop shut down, but it's not up to him....it's up to the Japanese Overlords. So the question is, how will Microsoft respond to this, and how does Sony make more money than it would with used games? This of course depends on the size of the response from users....but could be countered by making retail games much cheaper.

Save Gamestop!
Message 132 of 152 (79 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 10/21/2011
Offline
573 posts
 

Re: New Sony Patent Blocks Second Hand Games

Jan 7, 2013

ryuken31 wrote:

9fip2h.jpg


what the hell is that?

LONG LIVE CECHA01!!!
the absolute pinnacle of console video gaming!
Message 133 of 152 (74 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 10/19/2010
Offline
2200 posts
 

Re: New Sony Patent Blocks Second Hand Games

Jan 8, 2013

Cascadien wrote:

ryuken31 wrote:

9fip2h.jpg


what the hell is that?


LOL

Message 134 of 152 (60 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 05/11/2012
Offline
1042 posts
 

Re: New Sony Patent Blocks Second Hand Games

Jan 8, 2013

FROST_420 wrote:

Arkthur_us wrote:

FROST_420 wrote:
Wow, when you put into point form it almost seems like fact instead of just your opinion. Yes Dlc has been around for 10 plus years but was never the other half of the game instead it actually could have been a completely new game in peoples opinions i.e. SOCOM Combined Assault. This is not pc land, this is console land and a game with only 5.5 hrs playing time for the storymode is half of what we used to get, the quality of game we are getting now is half if we're lucky imo and many others. No one can argue against the fact that because most gamers have internet now that the game companies are dishing out messes that they hope to fix or complete (whatever wording works better for you) through patches and DLC, nice try though.

 


 You keep saying that but thats not true, not every game out there is worst that the ones from previous generations. DLC is the present, we have to deal with it, in some games it reaps us off sure, bot in most of them DLC is completely optional, it doesn't feel like part of the game you have to pay more to enjoy.

 

Most games nowadays are short, mostly the ones that are mp oriented, but I try to stear away from these games, I do some research before buying something because I have to put a lot of effort to buy it.


That's your opinion, not the truth. Go start a thread asking if people feel they are getting less for the gaming dollar this gen compared to last gen. Then we'll see who's opinion is more common.


I don't need to, I know what I'm saying is the truth because is based on facts, all my games have completely optional DLC, and are awesome. You miss old games? Buy a PS2 and stop wasting money on this generations, guess you never played Uncharted or inFamous uh? Go ahead and tell me what DLC is "part of the game" in there.

 

Just bashing at something doesn't make you smart.

Message 135 of 152 (55 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 10/19/2010
Offline
2200 posts
 

Re: New Sony Patent Blocks Second Hand Games

[ Edited ]
Jan 8, 2013

Arkthur_us wrote:

FROST_420 wrote:

Arkthur_us wrote:

FROST_420 wrote:
Wow, when you put into point form it almost seems like fact instead of just your opinion. Yes Dlc has been around for 10 plus years but was never the other half of the game instead it actually could have been a completely new game in peoples opinions i.e. SOCOM Combined Assault. This is not pc land, this is console land and a game with only 5.5 hrs playing time for the storymode is half of what we used to get, the quality of game we are getting now is half if we're lucky imo and many others. No one can argue against the fact that because most gamers have internet now that the game companies are dishing out messes that they hope to fix or complete (whatever wording works better for you) through patches and DLC, nice try though.

 


 You keep saying that but thats not true, not every game out there is worst that the ones from previous generations. DLC is the present, we have to deal with it, in some games it reaps us off sure, bot in most of them DLC is completely optional, it doesn't feel like part of the game you have to pay more to enjoy.

 

Most games nowadays are short, mostly the ones that are mp oriented, but I try to stear away from these games, I do some research before buying something because I have to put a lot of effort to buy it.


That's your opinion, not the truth. Go start a thread asking if people feel they are getting less for the gaming dollar this gen compared to last gen. Then we'll see who's opinion is more common.


I don't need to, I know what I'm saying is the truth because is based on facts, all my games have completely optional DLC, and are awesome. You miss old games? Buy a PS2 and stop wasting money on this generations, guess you never played Uncharted or inFamous uh? Go ahead and tell me what DLC is "part of the game" in there.

 

Just bashing at something doesn't make you smart.


     Well little guy, I own the Uncharted 160GB bundle and got Infamous for free because of the blackout, so there goes that theory. Just because the other half of the game is optional does not mean that you got a complete product it just means you can settle for half of the gaming experience to be had if you like. Also this has nothing to do with buying completely broken games that need patching or games that advertise features on the box but don't contain said features on the disc.

 

I don't need to go buy a PS2, I still have mine. This is the beauty of not being some kid who had to sell all his PS2 products for pennies on the dollar just to get the next COD game. The only reason you "don't need to" is because you know for a fact that you will be proven wrong. Young ones like you don't have the experience to chime in, which would leave gamers from the PS2 days and 90% would agree that one got more bang for his gaming buck last gen.

 

Just because you say "I know you are but what am I?" does not mean you have won the argument. If you do not know how to converse with mature individuals then just sit back and watch.

Message 136 of 152 (47 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 05/11/2012
Offline
1042 posts
 

Re: New Sony Patent Blocks Second Hand Games

Jan 8, 2013

FROST_420 wrote:

Arkthur_us wrote:

FROST_420 wrote:

Arkthur_us wrote:

FROST_420 wrote:
Wow, when you put into point form it almost seems like fact instead of just your opinion. Yes Dlc has been around for 10 plus years but was never the other half of the game instead it actually could have been a completely new game in peoples opinions i.e. SOCOM Combined Assault. This is not pc land, this is console land and a game with only 5.5 hrs playing time for the storymode is half of what we used to get, the quality of game we are getting now is half if we're lucky imo and many others. No one can argue against the fact that because most gamers have internet now that the game companies are dishing out messes that they hope to fix or complete (whatever wording works better for you) through patches and DLC, nice try though.

 


 You keep saying that but thats not true, not every game out there is worst that the ones from previous generations. DLC is the present, we have to deal with it, in some games it reaps us off sure, bot in most of them DLC is completely optional, it doesn't feel like part of the game you have to pay more to enjoy.

 

Most games nowadays are short, mostly the ones that are mp oriented, but I try to stear away from these games, I do some research before buying something because I have to put a lot of effort to buy it.


That's your opinion, not the truth. Go start a thread asking if people feel they are getting less for the gaming dollar this gen compared to last gen. Then we'll see who's opinion is more common.


I don't need to, I know what I'm saying is the truth because is based on facts, all my games have completely optional DLC, and are awesome. You miss old games? Buy a PS2 and stop wasting money on this generations, guess you never played Uncharted or inFamous uh? Go ahead and tell me what DLC is "part of the game" in there.

 

Just bashing at something doesn't make you smart.


     Well little guy, I own the Uncharted 160GB bundle and got Infamous for free because of the blackout, so there goes that theory. Just because the other half of the game is optional does not mean that you got a complete product it just means you can settle for half of the gaming experience to be had if you like. Also this has nothing to do with buying completely broken games that need patching or games that advertise features on the box but don't contain said features on the disc.

 

I don't need to go buy a PS2, I still have mine. This is the beauty of not being some kid who had to sell all his PS2 products for pennies on the dollar just to get the next COD game. The only reason you "don't need to" is because you know for a fact that you will be proven wrong. Young ones like you don't have the experience to chime in, which would leave gamers from the PS2 days and 90% would agree that one got more bang for his gaming buck last gen.

 

Just because you say "I know you are but what am I?" does not mean you have won the argument. If you do not know how to converse with mature individuals then just sit back and watch.


You keep sayiing "kid, young one" like that makes you mature enough....do you know how older am I? Just wondering.....

 

But you know what, doesn't matter, you own two of the best franchises of the generation and you are telling me all games before then were better? Go play Pacman then old man and leave us enjoy. You don't like the games that come out? Don't buy them! don't like DLC? Don't buy them! You are part of the problem if you do, that hypocritical stance you are on doesn't help get what you want.

 

Back up your words, your opinions aren't facts don't matter how many times you say they are.

Message 137 of 152 (41 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 07/17/2011
Offline
85 posts
 

Re: New Sony Patent Blocks Second Hand Games

Jan 8, 2013

Arkthur_us wrote:

FROST_420 wrote:

Arkthur_us wrote:

FROST_420 wrote:

Arkthur_us wrote:

FROST_420 wrote:
Wow, when you put into point form it almost seems like fact instead of just your opinion. Yes Dlc has been around for 10 plus years but was never the other half of the game instead it actually could have been a completely new game in peoples opinions i.e. SOCOM Combined Assault. This is not pc land, this is console land and a game with only 5.5 hrs playing time for the storymode is half of what we used to get, the quality of game we are getting now is half if we're lucky imo and many others. No one can argue against the fact that because most gamers have internet now that the game companies are dishing out messes that they hope to fix or complete (whatever wording works better for you) through patches and DLC, nice try though.

 


 You keep saying that but thats not true, not every game out there is worst that the ones from previous generations. DLC is the present, we have to deal with it, in some games it reaps us off sure, bot in most of them DLC is completely optional, it doesn't feel like part of the game you have to pay more to enjoy.

 

Most games nowadays are short, mostly the ones that are mp oriented, but I try to stear away from these games, I do some research before buying something because I have to put a lot of effort to buy it.


That's your opinion, not the truth. Go start a thread asking if people feel they are getting less for the gaming dollar this gen compared to last gen. Then we'll see who's opinion is more common.


I don't need to, I know what I'm saying is the truth because is based on facts, all my games have completely optional DLC, and are awesome. You miss old games? Buy a PS2 and stop wasting money on this generations, guess you never played Uncharted or inFamous uh? Go ahead and tell me what DLC is "part of the game" in there.

 

Just bashing at something doesn't make you smart.


     Well little guy, I own the Uncharted 160GB bundle and got Infamous for free because of the blackout, so there goes that theory. Just because the other half of the game is optional does not mean that you got a complete product it just means you can settle for half of the gaming experience to be had if you like. Also this has nothing to do with buying completely broken games that need patching or games that advertise features on the box but don't contain said features on the disc.

 

I don't need to go buy a PS2, I still have mine. This is the beauty of not being some kid who had to sell all his PS2 products for pennies on the dollar just to get the next COD game. The only reason you "don't need to" is because you know for a fact that you will be proven wrong. Young ones like you don't have the experience to chime in, which would leave gamers from the PS2 days and 90% would agree that one got more bang for his gaming buck last gen.

 

Just because you say "I know you are but what am I?" does not mean you have won the argument. If you do not know how to converse with mature individuals then just sit back and watch.


You keep sayiing "kid, young one" like that makes you mature enough....do you know how older am I? Just wondering.....

 

But you know what, doesn't matter, you own two of the best franchises of the generation and you are telling me all games before then were better? Go play Pacman then old man and leave us enjoy. You don't like the games that come out? Don't buy them! don't like DLC? Don't buy them! You are part of the problem if you do, that hypocritical stance you are on doesn't help get what you want.

 

Back up your words, your opinions aren't facts don't matter how many times you say they are.


While I am not a big fan of DLC in some forms. The concern I am having with this gen. is the relaince of developers on patches. In the previous gen. games came out complete to the consumer because; if they weren't then word would spread about that developer releasing a broken game and thier bottom line would be affected. Now a days we have games that don't seem to of even gone through proper testing let alone being allowed to go gold ( skyrim for ps3,etc.) I feel for gamers who don't have High speed internet because barely any of the games released so far are palyable day one.

Message 138 of 152 (39 Views)
Gaming Beast
Registered: 10/19/2010
Offline
2200 posts
 

Re: New Sony Patent Blocks Second Hand Games

Jan 8, 2013

 


You keep sayiing "kid, young one" like that makes you mature enough....do you know how older am I? Just wondering.....

 

But you know what, doesn't matter, you own two of the best franchises of the generation and you are telling me all games before then were better? Go play Pacman then old man and leave us enjoy. You don't like the games that come out? Don't buy them! don't like DLC? Don't buy them! You are part of the problem if you do, that hypocritical stance you are on doesn't help get what you want.

 

Back up your words, your opinions aren't facts don't matter how many times you say they are.


     Your tone gives away your age and or maturity, oh and saying things like "do you know how older am I?" doesn't help to disguise your youth. Yes I own those 2 and MGS and RDR and KZ2 all good games but they don't compensate for the lack of content and quality that I have witnessed this gen. As far as being part of the problem, I was actually part of the movement to squash Zipper and S4. Which I might add was successful at closing down the Zipper studio and flopped the game. Not that I expect this from you since you have better things to do with your time like finishing your education. Oh and please go learn what a hypocritical stance is before using the term incorrectly in a public forum. You know nothing of what I spend money so don't assume you do.

 

 

 

Message 139 of 152 (35 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 10/19/2010
Offline
2200 posts
 

Re: New Sony Patent Blocks Second Hand Games

Jan 8, 2013

 


     Well little guy, I own the Uncharted 160GB bundle and got Infamous for free because of the blackout, so there goes that theory. Just because the other half of the game is optional does not mean that you got a complete product it just means you can settle for half of the gaming experience to be had if you like. Also this has nothing to do with buying completely broken games that need patching or games that advertise features on the box but don't contain said features on the disc.

 

I don't need to go buy a PS2, I still have mine. This is the beauty of not being some kid who had to sell all his PS2 products for pennies on the dollar just to get the next COD game. The only reason you "don't need to" is because you know for a fact that you will be proven wrong. Young ones like you don't have the experience to chime in, which would leave gamers from the PS2 days and 90% would agree that one got more bang for his gaming buck last gen.

 

Just because you say "I know you are but what am I?" does not mean you have won the argument. If you do not know how to converse with mature individuals then just sit back and watch.


You keep sayiing "kid, young one" like that makes you mature enough....do you know how older am I? Just wondering.....

 

But you know what, doesn't matter, you own two of the best franchises of the generation and you are telling me all games before then were better? Go play Pacman then old man and leave us enjoy. You don't like the games that come out? Don't buy them! don't like DLC? Don't buy them! You are part of the problem if you do, that hypocritical stance you are on doesn't help get what you want.

 

Back up your words, your opinions aren't facts don't matter how many times you say they are.


While I am not a big fan of DLC in some forms. The concern I am having with this gen. is the relaince of developers on patches. In the previous gen. games came out complete to the consumer because; if they weren't then word would spread about that developer releasing a broken game and thier bottom line would be affected. Now a days we have games that don't seem to of even gone through proper testing let alone being allowed to go gold ( skyrim for ps3,etc.) I feel for gamers who don't have High speed internet because barely any of the games released so far are palyable day one.


This is just one of my points that this person won't acknowledge, they just want to argue but don't have the skills to do so.

Message 140 of 152 (34 Views)
Reply
0 Likes